Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    Sporting haven’t even been that bad, City have been ruthless.
  • Options
    PSG Real Madrid isn't the slobberknocker I was hoping for
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    PSG Real Madrid isn't the slobberknocker I was hoping for
    Might have to borrow that one. 
  • Options
    City have a  5th goal disallowed, they'll be devastated about that...
  • Options
    Messi has penalty saved against Real Madrid, didn't look like much of a penalty anyway as the ball was virtually out of play, Mbappé initiated the contact and was going down already and Carvahal pulled out of the challenge
  • Options
    City have a  5th goal disallowed, they'll be devastated about that...
    Now 5
  • Options
    Now it's five. Sterling...
  • Options
    What a goal Mbappe. 94th minute...
  • Options
    What a goal Mbappe. 94th minute...
    Imagine doing that to your future employer
  • Options
    Mbappe's feet are outrageously quick, absolute quality player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UEFA getting rid of the away goals rule for this season has already caused some debate online. Apparently the PSG/Madrid wasn't entertaining enough and it was the fault of the lack of away goals counting extra.
  • Options
    Watched the PSG v Madrid game,  think I heard them say 102 scored out of 132 pens for Messi , that’s pony .
    Haven’t watched much footy on BT for a while but last night I had the pleasant reminder of one of the reasons why , Michael Owen ffs proper bore , how’s he still getting a gig 
  • Options
    98 goals for City this season........without a recognised striker. 
  • Options
    If they can do it  , we shouldn’t be so worried about our 3 hotshots being out 🙄
  • Options

No 'big man' No 9 (Pep doesn't play that way) - but a forward line of Sterling, Foden and Mahrez would put the fear of God up any defender. Then there's Silva and De Bruyne backing them up!

Citeh are scary good - best team in the world right now.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

No 'big man' No 9 (Pep doesn't play that way) - but a forward line of Sterling, Foden and Mahrez would put the fear of God up any defender. Then there's Silva and De Bruyne backing them up!

Citeh are scary good - best team in the world right now.
    Then there's 100m Grealish not even in the side right now 
  • Options
    PSG Madrid wasn’t the best match, but I absolutely love watching Marco Verratti play - such a clever little player. Huge shame that he spends a good portion of every season in the medical room.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    PSG Madrid wasn’t the best match, but I absolutely love watching Marco Verratti play - such a clever little player. Huge shame that he spends a good portion of every season in the medical room.
    And another huge portion whinging. Agree he's a class player but can't stand him. 

Madrid should be embarrassed by the performance. PSG weren't even that good, but Real just sat back and let them completely dominate. Definitely not the Real of old that's for sure. I guess they're hampered by the likes of Hazard never settling in. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Agree, he is class. To me he was more vital to Italy in the Euros than Jorginho (so overrated), maybe thats just my opinion. 

Also he loves a booking on top of the treatment table, but a really clever and technical player. 

Last nights game, felt like PSG looked a level above Real Madrid, without creating too many. If they are more clinical they will kill it off early in the second leg and go 2 up by half time. Although Madrid held on, felt PSG more than deserved to win the game. Messi missing a penalty aside (it happens) last week Ronaldo did, both get crucified like they need to score everytime to justify their position as the worlds best, laughable.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    And another huge portion whinging. Agree he's a class player but can't stand him. 

Madrid should be embarrassed by the performance. PSG weren't even that good, but Real just sat back and let them completely dominate. Definitely not the Real of old that's for sure. I guess they're hampered by the likes of Hazard never settling in. 
    They're lucky Barca are a mid table side this year and Atletico have also been shite, Sevilla are the biggest threat to them this season, but from European domination a few years back, Spanish domestic football is in decline right now. 

Benzema is wildly underrated by many, but around him they have very little top talent. Kroos, Casemiro and Modric in a midfield 3 offers no pace, they're good technically, but none of them will drive at the opposition and have the flair to unlock defences. Hazard and Bale have massively underperformed, Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr are young (Vini is the better of the 2 and will be a star) but overall they don't have the star studded squad of old
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonight 

Inter v Liverpool
    RB Salzburg v Bayern Munich
  • Options
    Last two words only but nobody sings “The Champions” at the end of the uefa theme like the fans at San Siro 
  • Options
    Salzburg 1-0 Bayern
  • Options
    Outside of their 36 year old captain, the oldest Salzburg player on the pitch is 24. Their head coach is 33.
  • Options
    These Inter fans are doing my nogging in.
    Worse than them stripey nigels.
    I’d take that megaphone & jump up & down on it.
    Ultras my arse.
  • Options
    Bring back away goals!
  • Options
    Also Henderson has completely changed the game since he's come on. So underrated.
  • Options
    800  apps for Milner; fantastic career and I would expect him to finish at Cafc in the 2027/28 season.

Liverpool in 3rd gear win again and a two goal away win in Milan is top notch.
  • Options
    Think the gap between Liverpool and City is much smaller than the league table shows. Liverpool are building up options now on their bench which they lacked… Diaz looks top class to go alongside Jota, Salah and Mane.

Think they still need a dynamic midfielder 
  • Options
    Last two words only but nobody sings “The Champions” at the end of the uefa theme like the fans at San Siro 
    Is it not “Lasagne” then?