Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Just the 4 penalties awarded in the first half of the Sevilla vs Salzburg game. 
    Sevilla scored theirs. Salzburg scored 1 and missed 2. 
  • Barcelona just feel so toothless without Lionel Messi. The whole atmosphere at the ground, the lack of invention from the players - they’ve really had a punch in the gut.

I’ve a feeling they’ll struggle to have success for a while in the wake of this episode.
  • Yeah Bayern are a step up. No chance of a comeback
  • cafctom said:
    Barcelona just feel so toothless without Lionel Messi. The whole atmosphere at the ground, the lack of invention from the players - they’ve really had a punch in the gut.

I’ve a feeling they’ll struggle to have success for a while in the wake of this episode.
    They had the weekend off as well, whilst Bayern had to play away at Leipzig, and they still got thrashed.

That said they do have Dembele, Fati and Aguero to come into the side after their injuries.
  • Sheriff 1-0 up over Shakhtar…
  • Bellingham puts Dortmund 1-0 up at Besiktas
  • Adama Traoré with the goal for Sheriff Tiraspol, but not the Wolves player

Adama shot for Sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy...
  • Sheriff (Moldova) v Shakhtar (Ukraine).

Sheriff don't have a single Moldovan player starting.
    Shakhtar have 2 Ukrainians starting, along with EIGHT Brazilians.
  • 2-0 Sheriff
  • We can’t be far from seeing Bellingham in an England shirt as a starter. Think after this WC he’s got to be the choice

It’s hard because Phillips and Rice have been very good but Bellingham looks like he can be a level above given the chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Messi, Neymar and Mbappe start together for the first time.
  • Laddick01 said:
    We can’t be far from seeing Bellingham in an England shirt as a starter. Think after this WC he’s got to be the choice

It’s hard because Phillips and Rice have been very good but Bellingham looks like he can be a level above given the chance. 
    People think you're slandering Phillips or Rice by saying Bellingham has to start. 

You're not, Bellingham is just really that good. Sometimes you just have to accept that if a player is that good, it doesn't matter the form of the other players. 
    And drawing so far, none of them scoring.

Been watching snippets, they aren't playing well, very much give the ball to the one of the front 3, stand and watch them in the hope they'll do something brilliant.
  • Man City really struggling without a recognised centre forward. 
    And drawing so far, none of them scoring.

Been watching snippets, they aren't playing well, very much give the ball to the one of the front 3, stand and watch them in the hope they'll do something brilliant.
    Yeah they were pretty poor. 
  • I don’t care how good PSG’s front 3 are, with a midfield containing Paredes & Herrera they are never ever winning the champions league.
  • I actually live for seeing PSG fail in the Champions League
  • Teams debate if they can afford a luxury player in the team that doesn’t press from the front, doesn’t track back and doesn’t help defensively. 

PSG play 3 at once and expect to win the Champions League. 
    They will get torn apart by the best teams. 
  • Teams debate if they can afford a luxury player in the team that doesn’t press from the front, doesn’t track back and doesn’t help defensively. 

Fingers crossed!

Or indeed Cheltenham  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    We can’t be far from seeing Bellingham in an England shirt as a starter. Think after this WC he’s got to be the choice

People think you're slandering Phillips or Rice by saying Bellingham has to start. 

You're not, Bellingham is just really that good. Sometimes you just have to accept that if a player is that good, it doesn't matter the form of the other players. 
    I would consider a 4-3-3 with Bellingham playing alongside Rice and Phillips instead of Mount in the hole. That would also potentially allow full backs to get further forward. I don’t think GS got it wrong in this sense during the euros but there is defo an opportunity now.
  • Wouldn’t have thought Man City played in a 6-3 win tonight considering how dead the crowd was at the Etihad throughout. Like a library. 
  • Tuchel won a domestic treble and lost in the CL final and had a 75% win record, but because of a fall out over the clubs transfers he was sacked.

Pochettino comes in, has seemingly been able to sign whoever he wants..........and they've got worse. 
  • Tuchel won a domestic treble and lost in the CL final and had a 75% win record, but because of a fall out over the clubs transfers he was sacked.

Pochettino comes in, has seemingly been able to sign whoever he wants..........and they've got worse. 
    They drew last night, but they’ve still won 5/5 in the league this season.
  • Bet their plastique fanbase Twitter is full of 'vas y Poch' and the sort after they failed to win A Game 
  • edited September 2021
    Tuchel won a domestic treble and lost in the CL final and had a 75% win record, but because of a fall out over the clubs transfers he was sacked.

Is winning the domestic treble in France with PSG really a big achievement? I think winning League One is harder.

Is winning the domestic treble in France with PSG really a big achievement? I think winning League One is harder.
    I think winning in league one is harder 
  • Quality goal from Rice for West Ham. Phenomenal player.

Perhaps not in the grand scheme of things, but the point is that he still did it, whilst also reaching the CL final.........and then they sacked him.

Pochettino has done far worse, he didn't even win the league.
  • I know it's only Besiktas, but the football Ajax play is great to watch. Absolutely tearing them apart, they could upset a few teams this season like they did back in the 18/19 season.

37 goals scored in 8.5 games so far this season.