Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August | Match Thread

Comments

• I wouldn’t say we are second best at all. We lost our way for 15 mins after their goal but they’re a passing side and we can let them have the ball. It’s always a gamble when you press and you don’t make the turnover of possession that you’ll get caught out, so I understand the hesitancy after they scored. Last 10-15 tho we more than matched them.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Be good to see Kirk second half, thing is who to drop...
    Clare at the moment, stick Washington alongside Stockley with Kirk out wide... Just leaves Dobson over worked
    Could easily play 4411 Anderson Washington track back into midfield when out of possession.  I haven’t seen NA change formation yet though . 
    Anderson?
    Apologies! Unsure why my phone changed it to Anderson; must be remnants from my Baywatch days 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Be good to see Kirk second half, thing is who to drop...
    Clare at the moment, stick Washington alongside Stockley with Kirk out wide... Just leaves Dobson over worked
    Could easily play 4411 Anderson Washington track back into midfield when out of possession.  I haven’t seen NA change formation yet though . 
    Anderson?
    Mr Anderson. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Clare and Morgan are the wrong way round.

Inniss isn't the same player we had last year is he?  He will get sent off in the 2nd half. 
    Good point about Clare and Morgan, I’d like to see them swapped too. 
    I have been saying it since the Fulham game. 
  • edited August 2021
    I wouldn’t say we are second best at all. We lost our way for 15 mins after their goal but they’re a passing side and we can let them have the ball. It’s always a gamble when you press and you don’t make the turnover of possession that you’ll get caught out, so I understand the hesitancy after they scored. Last 10-15 tho we more than matched them.
    It was more the fact that we started to going long with no reward and kept doing it for a while

We were just giving it back to Milton Keynes, and so creating one way traffic - Got the ball down, or got it long to Stockley (ensuring we won the second ball) and we started to get control back
  • Just watching the goals again, that really is awful goalkeeping. Effectively made it a tap in. 
  • DJ looking like the player who was at Swindon.
  • Imagine thinking DJ isn't good at football. Bloke is by far our biggest threat.
    been very very good, his crossing still leaves a lot to be desired. He's a typical modern day winger, a threat but then can barely beat the first man with most of his crosses. It's not the end of the world, nor particularly unexpected but still frustrating when you have Stockley in the middle. 
    His pass to Stockley was sublime 
  • First time I've watched us this season.

Midfield is far too lightweight to get anything out of this league. Dobson looks like a Levitt mark II
  • Feel like apart from 10-15 minutes after they scored we looked the 'better' side - though MK Dons always look dangerous when the get the ball in our third.

DJ is looking almost unplayable today, but one thing that worries me is we don't seem to have another outlet. Clare made some great runs at the beginning off the half, but they seemed to have stopped - and for me (again) Morgan just does not get the ball in attacking proactive positions enough.

I'd like to see Kirk introduced as early as possible this half. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not many goals around so far. Ours the only game with more than one. Six goalless.

Accrington 1-0 Doncaster (OG)
    Wimbledon 0-0 Gillingham
    Burton 0-0 Sunderland
    Cheltenham 0-1 Ipswich (Penney)
    Lincoln 0-0 Bolton
    MK 1-1 Charlton (Parrott, Stockley)
    Morecambe 0-0 Rotherham
    Oxford 1-0 Crewe (Henry)
    Plymouth 0-0 Cambridge
    Portsmouth 1-0 Shrewsbury (Tunnicliffe)
    Sheff Wed 1-0 Fleetwood (Gregory)
    Wigan 0-0 Wycombe
  • Looking reasonable in attack. I'm more disappointed in our defending, which should be our strength with that side.

MKD do have some very technical players, but we look physically stronger. 
  • aliwibble said:
    @sammy391 Clare's been involved in most of the high lights they've shown so far. The bigger problem is the defensive side.
    Definitely a good ‘water carrier’ but hard to see what he brings.

He potentially is a Danny Holland’s type player, but defensively just isn’t at it- which is poor when he’s paired with Dobson and Morgan who both are unimpressive defensively! 

Need a Kishishev/pratley/Matt Holland who will break up play and take the game by scruff of the neck
  • We have an overall feeling of a brittle team. 
  • Apart from the error from Dobson for their goal, not a bad half. Much better than Saturday. DJ and Albie, much better tonight. Keep it up. All to play for in the second half. There is a lot of space down the sides. Tailor made for Kirk, maybe? COYR
  • edited August 2021
    DJ the pick of the 1st half, but some good performances all over the field with Morgan taking good set pieces and passes and tackling well, Clare, Stockley all getting onto it.
    MK Dons are a good footballing side but until their goal we had dominated. 
    Stockley we know will bury headers but when it's on the ground he is no Chuks Aneke but TBF it was a good save.
    We have no outlet on the left when attacking. Not Gunter and Washington fault they are right footed and look so uncomfortable on that side.

DJ went missing Saturday but is on song tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• I'll  take a 1-1 result
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ooops.  QPR pass on the loss.  I thought he was supposed to be scoring for fun?  Maybe that's his idea of funny?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Imagine thinking DJ isn't good at football. Bloke is by far our biggest threat.
    been very very good, his crossing still leaves a lot to be desired. He's a typical modern day winger, a threat but then can barely beat the first man with most of his crosses. It's not the end of the world, nor particularly unexpected but still frustrating when you have Stockley in the middle. 
    It was, like I said, been very very good. I just can't help thinking sometimes he's going to frustrate this season getting into decent positions, with men in the middle and cross poorly. I guess if he was playing like he is tonight and could cross he probably wouldn't be playing for us, and it's the modern game. 
  • edited August 2021
    cafc4life said:
    Clare is pony. Morgan similar 
    Both have been decent tonight I thought, much better than Saturday. Dobson the weak link that half.
  • edited August 2021
    Pearce has vanished. Think he might be coming on, as I said should happen

EDIT: I'm blind, lol
  • Talal said:
    Just watching the goals again, that really is awful goalkeeping. Effectively made it a tap in. 
    Thought it was touch and go the guy was offside, looked a bit iffy from the only angle we had..
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Imagine thinking DJ isn't good at football. Bloke is by far our biggest threat.
    It was, like I said, been very very good. I just can't help thinking sometimes he's going to frustrate this season getting into decent positions, with men in the middle and cross poorly. I guess if he was playing like he is tonight and could cross he probably wouldn't be playing for us, and it's the modern game. 
    He's a winger... Its what they all bloody do!!
  • Come on Charlton let's win this.
  • Much better than Oxford so far. DJ playing really well, Clare and Morgan looking better also.
    Kirk to come on second half, after 10/15 mins, who for though? Maybe Morgan and push Washington inside with Kirk going wide left?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!