Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August | Match Thread

Comments

• arny23394 said:
    Have no confidence in Stockley scoring those sort of chances. Should have done better.
    He needs a partner.  
  • Rylo said:
    There will be different opinions on our performance here, but there’s no denying there has been an improvement! 
    'Twas a very low bar.
  • HT 1-1
  • Be good to see Kirk second half, thing is who to drop...
    Clare at the moment, stick Washington alongside Stockley with Kirk out wide... Just leaves Dobson over worked
  • Corner cleared, MK throw and we have a bit of a scramble on the edge of our area. (Possibly lucky not to concede a free kick there?)
  • Better than Saturday for sure. Need to get DJ on the ball as much as possible cos they can’t handle him. Much better from Clare and Dobson. Defence is my only worry, the centre half’s look shaky.
  • 46' - corner MKD, followed by a throw in.. now half time. Could be worse, so lets go again and try and win this game!!
  • Much better than Saturday.

DJ is having his best game for us but I think Clare is a bit static when we’re defending, he looks good going forward but he’s left ball watching too much for me which leaves us a bit open. Hopefully we can tighten up a bit.  

Looking forward to seeing Kirk, this game is very winnable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Three shots on target in first half, that is an improvement
  • Wouldn’t say we look like a promotion side yet but best we’ve played so far this season. One very weak bit of defending to concede but we’ve carried a threat in attack. 
  • Very poor, almost as if we have gone backwards and playing under bowyer again! 

Very frustrated and worried after that first half, we look like a mediocre mid table team! 

Not too sure what Clare brings to the team, and neither he Dobson nor Morgan form a positive partnership… 

goals and crosses hard to comeby
  • DJ best player on pitch so far. 
  • Be good to see Kirk second half, thing is who to drop...
    Clare at the moment, stick Washington alongside Stockley with Kirk out wide... Just leaves Dobson over worked
    Could easily play 4411 Anderson Washington track back into midfield when out of possession.  I haven’t seen NA change formation yet though . 
  • Much much better performance  from the midfield and the forwards. DJ very good and Morgan much more productive.
    The defence on the other hand looks shaky. Famewo was left for dead for the first and MacGillvray badly positioned.Dons should have scored again through Eisa when the CMs went missing.
    But overall better.
  • Best 45 DJ has had for us.

could easily go either way this one 
  • Not a bad half... Given the fact I didnt see the Oxford game.

Jaiyesimi and Morgan have done really well in Midfield - Dobson has been a bit rash when closing down which has left gaps, including the moment that led to the equaliser (Although the goal could still have been prevented).

Defensively need to really wake up, been disappointed with the Inniss and Famewo partnership, especially after seeing the Oxford goals, after how well they did together last season.

Matthews and Gunter have done better than those two at full-back.

Game is still very much there for the taking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Much better than Saturday. Need to firm up at the back but looking more dangerous going forward and we expect Kirk will add to that danger. 2-1 Addicks
  • Until they scored, we looked OK. Since then, we’ve looked second best. 
  • Admittedly not helped by the fact that I can’t get to see them in person but I’m finding it very difficult to develop any affinity for this squad.
  • Clare and Morgan are the wrong way round.

Inniss isn't the same player we had last year is he?  He will get sent off in the 2nd half. 
  • edited August 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Be good to see Kirk second half, thing is who to drop...
    Could easily play 4411 Anderson Washington track back into midfield when out of possession.  I haven’t seen NA change formation yet though . 
    Anderson?
  • edited August 2021
    Be good to see Kirk second half, thing is who to drop...
    Don't like that midfield four at all - easily overrun. It would have to be Washington or Albie for me. If you're taking Clare off, you'd need to drop Albie deeper next to Dobson and play Kirk centrally.
  • @sammy391 Clare's been involved in most of the high lights they've shown so far. The bigger problem is the defensive side.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Clare and Morgan are the wrong way round.

Inniss isn't the same player we had last year is he?  He will get sent off in the 2nd half. 
    Good point about Clare and Morgan, I’d like to see them swapped too. 
  • Encouraging first half, with a bit more composure we’d be winning. 

Our defence has looked a real concern in the last two games, it doesn’t look like a solid unit at all. 

We’ve got their fullbacks on toast but DJ can’t do it all in every attack, for 90+ minutes. Get Kirk on now and give them something else to worry about. 
  • Imagine thinking DJ isn't good at football. Bloke is by far our biggest threat.
    been very very good, his crossing still leaves a lot to be desired. He's a typical modern day winger, a threat but then can barely beat the first man with most of his crosses. It's not the end of the world, nor particularly unexpected but still frustrating when you have Stockley in the middle. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!