Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 17th August | Match Thread

Comments

• I'll  take a 1-1 result
    Not saying I wouldn’t but it’s so depressing when you hear things like that. Going mad about a signing from Crewe and being happy with a point against MK Dons.
  • I'll  take a 1-1 result
    We can get this one, we are so much better than Saturday, and def on top, should be 2-1 up if Stockley had been a bit more composed ,mind you fair save from their keeper I suppose B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Imagine thinking DJ isn't good at football. Bloke is by far our biggest threat.
    been very very good, his crossing still leaves a lot to be desired. He's a typical modern day winger, a threat but then can barely beat the first man with most of his crosses. It's not the end of the world, nor particularly unexpected but still frustrating when you have Stockley in the middle. 
    His pass to Stockley was sublime 
    It was, like I said, been very very good. I just can't help thinking sometimes he's going to frustrate this season getting into decent positions, with men in the middle and cross poorly. I guess if he was playing like he is tonight and could cross he probably wouldn't be playing for us, and it's the modern game. 
    He's a winger... Its what they all bloody do!!
    Indeed, but I want a Raheem Sterling come David Beckham. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all!
  • IR94 said:
    really not impressed by the new gk
    Ditto. Amos got far too much stick from some on here and on what I've seen so far MacGillivray is far from an improvement.
  • cafc4life said:
    Clare is pony. Morgan similar 
    Both have been decent tonight I thought, much better than Saturday. Dobson the weak link that half.
    Agreed. Just need a leader in the middle or someone like cullen. 
    Innis nearly lost his head.

apart from that we are decent!
  • I must be watching a different game. I think Clare has been fine.
    Yeah been ok, similar to Sheff Wed game. Looks a half decent League 1 player, nothing special but he's not been shit by any means. 
  • Elewere on for Inniss
  • Get Kirk on & go 4-4-2.

Probably sacrilege to say I'd drop Stockley & find a proper striker who can play it on the floor. A BWP or Darren Bent. With Kirk & DJ feeding a pacey striker we'd score more than most. 
  • Here come the Addicks for the second 45.... Come on, lads
  • So my take on the club

McGillivray - no better/worse than Amos/Steer etc that we've had recently

Matthews - bit of a steady Eddy

Inniss - man mountain but actually plays too far away from Famewo

Famewo - likes to bring it out but isn't great at it, gives the ball away and same as above, plays too far away from his centre back partner

Gunter - not a left back

Clare - bustles and hustles but isn't a proper box to box player in my eyes, isn't technically proficient enough

Dobson - a workhorse but an average one at that, we've been spoilt with Cullen and Bielik there recently

Morgan - not good enough to be the number 1 playmaker for a team chasing promotion

Washington - not quick or tricky enough to be a winger

Jaiyesimi - very inconsistent, apart from his crosses which seem to be consistently crap

Stockley - if headers and volleys counted double we'd be laughing
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Pearce has vanished. Think he might be coming on, as I said should happen

EDIT: I'm blind, lol
    I knew SOMEONE had vanished :D
  • 46' SUB | Deji Elerewe comes on for his league debut. He replaces Ryan Inniss. #mkdons 1 #cafc 1
  • Has Charlton TV disappeared?
  • Elewere on for Inniss
    Intresting, very intresting. 
  • Deji saves our bacon with his first touch... 
  • Inniss off Baby Deji on. Second half underway.
  • Have you still got Charlton TV?
  • Elewere on for Inniss
    Oh Lord here we go. Out for 6 months no doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody nora Deji... OUTSTANDING BLOCK!! 
    1. 45'

Substitution

Substitution, MK Dons. Dean Lewington replaces Daniel Harvie.

• There's no way Eisa scores 20 goals this season. He's useless 😂
  • edited August 2021
    Good block by Elerewe.

Welcome to the game, boy!
  • Elewere on for Inniss
    Oh Lord here we go. Out for 6 months no doubt.
    More likely because he's on a yellow maybe?
  • edited August 2021
    Glad we didnt bother with Eisa at this rate, another McLeod who can do well in League Two but not a level above
  • Erk, lots of MK pressure in our area, with some good work by Baby Deji, and luckily one of their players fluffs so we can clear.
  • 46' Elerewe makes an important contribution straight away, sliding in to make a superb block to prevent a certain goal. #mkdons 1 #cafc 1
  • edited August 2021
    Big test for Deji tonight now, should be good to see, great to see youngster given his chance, starts with a great interception on Parrot
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!