Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thunderstorm.............

Comments

• Been tipping down with rain here in Dartford since middle of night - still pouring down now - a welcome amount of rain
  • Lashing down in Bickley the day after Thames Water brought in their hosepipe ban  :D
  • Grass quickly recovers. After the biblical rain that hit north London last Wednesday (the same rain that ruined my day at Lord's), it's already looking green outside
  • After the original forecast showed heavy rain from 10pm last night, which was pushed back to 2am and then 6am, we are still without a drop of rain in Broadstairs.
    Exactly the same as the last two occasions when heavy rain was forecast. Strange how we often miss out on the worst of the weather.
  • Off_it said:
    The last three months’ rain is here
    Of course it is, was nailed on to piss down today - first day of my time off work!
    Any chance you can plan a quick visit to the Suffolk / Norfolk border area, we could do with a bit of rain our way ...

• After the original forecast showed heavy rain from 10pm last night, which was pushed back to 2am and then 6am, we are still without a drop of rain in Broadstairs.
    Exactly the same as the last two occasions when heavy rain was forecast. Strange how we often miss out on the worst of the weather.
    This is the line of lightning strikes over the last 24 hours, which I imagine shows where the heaviest rain was...

This is the line of lightning strikes over the last 24 hours, which I imagine shows where the heaviest rain was...

Pretty much the same as the last two big recent downpours. Arrive in England around the Brighton area and then heads north-east with nothing reaching the far east of Kent.
    Currently partly sunny in Broadstairs with the chance of some rain around 3pm. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Had a fantastic thunder storm here in Florida last night. ⛈️
  • Sponsored links:

• Just had some drizzle for about 1 minute and now the sun is back out. Don't think that will help the garden much.
  • Just had some drizzle for about 1 minute and now the sun is back out. Don't think that will help the garden much.
    you want to see a Dr about that mate
  • Took our 2 dogs to Hall Place this afternoon - wow - there has been a huge amount of rain around here last 24 hours - the River Cray was very high - where our dogs would normally be paddling, they were swimming - the current was very strong, with our dog who is the strongest swimmer fighting the current as he swam

Also, looks like there was a lightning strike on a Silver Birch there, with a huge branch sliced off the tree

Met a fellow Lifer there - he recognised me - but he has never posted on CL - I wonder how many on CL never post
  • Took our 2 dogs to Hall Place this afternoon - wow - there has been a huge amount of rain around here last 24 hours - the River Cray was very high - where our dogs would normally be paddling, they were swimming - the current was very strong, with our dog who is the strongest swimmer fighting the current as he swam

Also, looks like there was a lightning strike on a Silver Birch there, with a huge branch sliced off the tree

Met a fellow Lifer there - he recognised me - but he has never posted on CL - I wonder how many on CL never post
    There’s a lot that do post that I wish didn’t !!
  • edited August 2022
    Walked out the door this morning about 10 to 6 for half hour walk to the station just as it started to lash down. I am just about dried off now….
  • Had a fantastic thunder storm here in Florida last night. ⛈️
    Orlando last week. Pretty much the norm at this time of year. Hot and humid, with clouds building during the day until the thunderstorm kicks in late afternoon / early evening for about 45 minutes and then it’s gone.

• Endless lightning without a hint of rain or thunder. Just silence and then room fills up with light. Quiet eerie. 
  • Huge storm in Swanley last night. Massive claps of thunder around 1.30 & poured down for a while.

Nice this morning though. 
  • Had to go downstairs at 02:00 and sleep in living room as our dog was going mad at the thunder, lightning and the rain hammering it down
  • Not much rain fell in Maidstone, though I did hear thunder in the distance.

• Sponsored links:

Fair bit of rain in Snodland and a few decent thunderclaps.  Pretty lightxs in the sky but mostly bypassed us

Yeah keeps missing us, rather humid this morning. 
  • Big thunderstorms for the second night running in the Isle of Wight. 
  • Big thunderstorms for the second night running in the Isle of Wight. 
    I should have gave you a heads up it was coming your way.

Does anyone still unplug the tele or whatever these days btw? 
  • Not me. It is annoying when it buggers up the signal for a while.. if I am watching Eastenders or Corrie
  • Ah blocks tv picture is gone
  • And it has been raining for 10 mins and thunder
  • Just got home to Broadstairs. Fantastic lightning ⚡️ all the way from Medway to the sea. Parked up at Joss Bay to watch the show over the sea. Seemed to be heading out towards France but still hanging around 
  • Another thunder & lightening show along with very heavy rain. All now stopped now but lasted about an hour. 

At least Thames Water can recall their hosepipe ban.