Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunderstorm.............

Comments

• Options
    It’s back here again in Farningham. Hens not best pleased.
    Yeah.......storm no 2 in swanley. Very very very heavy rain. I'd say worse that at Yeovil to give it context. 
    Spent a couple of hours diverting rising water from our neighbour’s farm. They live opposite us (and we’re slightly higher). All  the water the runs off the fields into the lane and goes into theirs. The lane was flooded but people were still driving fast sending waves towards the farmhouse. In the end I stood in the middle of the road waving people to slow down which they all did (except one)  some offering to help. There used to be ditches each side of the road to help drain the water away but they get blocked up  despite us shovelling the silt out. Apparently the council are coming to look at the drains in August!
    Had quite a bit of rain in Farningham over the last hour. Drains not coping with it so any more and we'll have a repeat of last time for the neighbours. We've got a load of sandbags ready in case it comes over the road to us. :neutral:
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Biblical again over the isle of Wight during the night. This was a mile and a half from me on Sunday evening. Mercifully we are ok so far despite enormous thunderstorm through Monday night too. 
  • Options
    Last nigh, driving home from Southend to Romford way, massive sheet lightning storm and torrential rain. At least 30 lightning flashes. Could hear any thunder though. Only time not been bothered by the 50mph average speed limit on the A127 as no one could drive that fast and massive puddles throwing water over the other side of central reservation barriers as you drove along 
  • Options
    Came right over Chelmsford, missed the heavy rain by minutes on way back from pub.but was pretty spectacular
  • Options
    I was out on the fire engine last night putting out a shed and hedge that was on fire, mad that the air was basically a waterfall but things were Still burning in it.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Last nigh, driving home from Southend to Romford way, massive sheet lightning storm and torrential rain. At least 30 lightning flashes. Could hear any thunder though. Only time not been bothered by the 50mph average speed limit on the A127 as no one could drive that fast and massive puddles throwing water over the other side of central reservation barriers as you drove along 
    Driving along the A2 from Falconwood to Dartford on Saturday evening was horrendous too. The storms were all east of London, with most of London just getting some drizzle!
  • Options
    Was woodland camping on the Suffolk coast. Moved directly overhead. The tent was illuminating a couple of times every minute and the thunder was almost immediate. Admit that I went and sat in the car 
  • Options
    Pretty intense at moment!! 
  • Options
    Less about you and Mrs Onelung what about the thunderstorm?
  • Options
    The last three months’ rain is here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daddy_Pig said:
    Was woodland camping on the Suffolk coast. Moved directly overhead. The tent was illuminating a couple of times every minute and the thunder was almost immediate. Admit that I went and sat in the car 
    Why ‘admit’ ?. Isn’t that the sensible thing to do and staying in a tent with an overhead storm the dumbest thing to do ? Or have I got that wrong ?
  • Options
    Hasn't arrived in this part of Maidstone yet.
  • Options
    I still get excited by a big storm
  • Options
    Pissing it down non stop in Orpington
  • Options
    Huge storm over the Sussex coast from about 3am until about 5:30 , seemed like it was close too 
  • Options
    Massive amount of lightning and thunder for a good two hours Romford way. 
  • Options
    Visibility on the A2 from Swanscombe to Bexleyheath was fun today. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Huge storm over the Sussex coast from about 3am until about 5:30 , seemed like it was close too 
    The lightening woke me just after 3am but I didn’t hear any thunder and went straight back to sleep. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the thunder was as loud as I have ever heard. 
  • Options
    Very wet in Charlton...
  • Options
    Have had a little light rain in Maidstone now but not enough to do any good. It seems to be avoiding some parts of Kent.
  • Options
    Tories can't even get a fair thunderstorm right.
  • Options
    Have had a little light rain in Maidstone now but not enough to do any good. It seems to be avoiding some parts of Kent.
    Yes. 
  • Options
    Been chucking down in Berkshire since about 5am, only now reduced from heavy to steady
  • Options
    Goes to show how regionalised it is. I am in Mereworth about 8 miles from Maidstone as the crow flies and we had a bad thunderstorm in the night and it has been raining heavily since I got up. The garden is soaked and had a good drink.
  • Options
    i was woken just after 5 by the thunder in bexleyheath, still raining but like IdleHans has in Berkshire, gone from heavy to steady 
  • Options
    The last three months’ rain is here
    Of course it is, was nailed on to piss down today - first day of my time off work!