Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunderstorm.............

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    The school run 25 mins ago
    The little kids dancing in the background is lovely 
  • Options
    It’s back here again in Farningham. Hens not best pleased.
    Yeah.......storm no 2 in swanley. Very very very heavy rain. I'd say worse that at Yeovil to give it context. 
    Spent a couple of hours diverting rising water from our neighbour’s farm. They live opposite us (and we’re slightly higher). All  the water the runs off the fields into the lane and goes into theirs. The lane was flooded but people were still driving fast sending waves towards the farmhouse. In the end I stood in the middle of the road waving people to slow down which they all did (except one)  some offering to help. There used to be ditches each side of the road to help drain the water away but they get blocked up  despite us shovelling the silt out. Apparently the council are coming to look at the drains in August!
  • Options
    Lots of fire brigade In Orpington this evening. Seems like Swanley got it worse after chatting with a lovely fire woman.
  • Options
    Floebot said:
    Hailstones half the size of golf balls in Sidcup...
    What size are the golf balls in Sidcup?

Do they still fit in the holes?
  • Options
    Lots of fire brigade In Orpington this evening. Seems like Swanley got it worse after chatting with a lovely fire woman.
    Was she a witch or something? Some sort of spell?
  • Options
    Central London been in the midst of a storm.
    Heavy Heavy rain for well over an hour now.
    Unreal weather
  • Options
    Biblical on the Isle of Wight. Thunder, lightning and peeing rain.  Dog is going mental. 
  • Options
    The second ridiculously wet day we've had this month
  • Options
    Had very little rain in my part of Maidstone today, had been hoping I wouldn't have to water my pots this evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not much in Swanley this afternoon. A few spits & spots and then drizzle. 

Very poor show.
  • Options
    Very noisy and wet in Plumstead earlier. Glad I decided to do housework instead of my planned cycle.
  • Options
    Mental thunder and sheet lightning over Charlton at about half 4
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We’ve fecked this planet 
    No, we've become a nation of ninnies. Sometimes it's hot, then we have a storm. It's always happened.
    Humans are killing this planet.
    Its always happened.
  • Options
    Had very little rain in my part of Maidstone today, had been hoping I wouldn't have to water my pots this evening.
    A positive post 
    That's the spirit. 
    See you can do it When you want to 😁
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Mental thunder and sheet lightning over Charlton at about half 4
    Is Mental Thunder the name of Thomas Sandgaard's new album!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8 TFL stations closed due to flooding, cars floating on the north circular, and still coming down heavy in SE London.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    se9addick said:
    We’ve fecked this planet 
    No, we've become a nation of ninnies. Sometimes it's hot, then we have a storm. It's always happened.
    There are extremes happening all over the world. Recent floods in Europe, India & China. Record high temperatures in USA & Canada. This is down to human action.
    Totally in agreement. Humans are wrecking the planet.

But people today seem to dramatise every event; yet we've always had thunderstorms - and that's what I believe @Baldybonce meant.

Thankyou, yes it is what i meant.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We’ve fecked this planet 
    Its always happened.
    I washed out the milk carton & then put it in the recycling........will that help  ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    We’ve fecked this planet 
    Its always happened.
    I washed out the milk carton & then put it in the recycling........will that help  ?
    Bit late I think.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    se9addick said:
    We’ve fecked this planet 
    There are extremes happening all over the world. Recent floods in Europe, India & China. Record high temperatures in USA & Canada. This is down to human action.
    Partly down to human action, and partly natural cycle. We can impact the former.

P.S. Warm sunny day up t’north today.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Been bloomin’ lovely in my corner of North Yorkshire today. 22 degrees with the most pleasant of breezes. Spent the evening in the garden sipping mojitos whilst having a barbecue. Lovely times.
  • Options
    Talking to my parents tonight, in Dartford today there was little rain, so the storms were very localised