Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine vs England - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We’ll be ok, we opened them up a handful of times in that first half. There’s only going to be more space in the second half to exploit. Grealish and/or Foden on last 20-25 minutes to pick them off
  • Options
    I don’t know if I’m being cynical or what but I don’t know if Mount offers anything to this system.

Think he’s fantastic at dictating play for Chelsea but we really don’t get that ball between the lines enough. Feels like he’s playing as another combative CM.
  • Options
    The longer the game remains one nil and the introduction of foden/grealish will put this game to bed

Grealish over Foden for me
  • Options
    We’ve been quite imaginative going forward but a couple of times things haven’t come off and we looked open on the counter. We can dictate this game until 90 mins. I’d be distraught if we didn’t.
  • Options
    Is it just me that’s finding this game quite boring?
  • Options
    Italy scraped past Austria. Judge the result.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Shaw and Walker both with loose touches, but there's always someone ready and willing to step up and make the block/tackle required.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    I don’t know if I’m being cynical or what but I don’t know if Mount offers anything to this system.

Think he’s fantastic at dictating play for Chelsea but we really don’t get that ball between the lines enough. Feels like he’s playing as another combative CM.
    Yeah he is just a bit the odd man out in this system. More suited to a quicker paced game with ball pushed forward quicker into him. 
  • Options
    We're not going to do it Italy style, and we'll have some defending to do at times, but more of the same and we'll be through.
    And that's all that really counts for tonight.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Most of our games have been a bit boring.

Honestly don't care how boring we are if we then win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t mind boring if we win! 🥂  🍾 
  • Options
    We'll be fine... Just look at Chrissy Powell and his smile
  • Options
    England certainly won’t be the neutral’s favourite...
  • Options
    We’ve been quite imaginative going forward but a couple of times things haven’t come off and we looked open on the counter. We can dictate this game until 90 mins. I’d be distraught if we didn’t.
    Some of the little link ups have been great, a couple of nice little touches to link up the wide men cutting inside. Only thing that has concerned me is a couple of through balls down the central channels have opened us up, slight adjustment to cut those out and we should be fine.
  • Options
    That'll do... That'll calm the nerves
  • Options
    Soo boring
  • Options
    Slabhead!!!
  • Options
    God I love Harry Maguire. 
  • Options
    His heads fucking massive 
  • Options
    Want to see the lines as was watching him before the set piece was taken and I thought he was offside 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He drinks the vodka, he drinks the jaeger
  • Options
    Lovely old fashioned centre half’s goal. Fantastic delivery from Shaw. 
  • Options
    That was exciting though!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    He drinks the vodka, he drinks the jaeger
    His head’s bloody massiveeeee
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Just what the doctor ordered. Two goals to the good within 60 seconds of the second half starting.
  • Options
    That will do it, let’s go on and score a few more 
  • Options
    Want to see the lines as was watching him before the set piece was taken and I thought he was offside 
    Looked like he went early
  • Options
    Just what we needed
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Shaw having a mare
    At the time, I agreed with this, but anyway… 😂
  • Options
    Get.
    The.
    F**k.
    In.