Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ukraine vs England - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    That’s why the flag goes up late. Would’ve been criminal to kill that chance with a flag.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    That’s why the flag goes up late. Would’ve been criminal to kill that chance with a flag.
    Just frustrating as we still had the ball when the flag did go up when it shouldn't have don
  • Options
    Really unlucky from Sancho, did well with a bit of a crap ball.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Fuck’s sake Walker. England only looked troubled twice both due to Walker fuck ups. 
  • Options
    Sterling has been class been on it so far, shame his teammates seem a tad sleepy.
  • Options
    Trippier please.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Would love to know how we havent conceded this tournament 

Think this is why we'll lose to Italy if we face them
  • Options
    2nd goal is the key here. Get it and we should have a fairly comfortable night, if not it is going to be very nervy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Down to poor Ukraine finishing, they have opened us up with ease on a few occasions 
  • Options
    An owner who just gets it

• Options

Let’s worry about that if/when it happens. Just get this done now.
  • Options
    Getting careless 
  • Options
    Great run from Sancho, even better refereeing 
  • Options
    Great feet Sancho 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Why the feck does the lino need advice from the ref over giving a corner or not... I think it was the right call but in that placement SURELY the lino has the better view
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This ref mustn’t  have cards. Joke.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    This ref mustn’t  have cards. Joke.
    Yeah, first one will be to Maguire for back chatting 
  • Options
    Good to see Sir Chris on the bench!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Walker is such an enigma for England. Arguably a better CB in a 3 than a RB
    That back 3 role does seem to suit him, his decision making seems more settled 
  • Options
    Shaw and Walker were so poor that half. Walker was a liability defensively and Shaw killed almost every move. 

If they can perform at their usual levels this should be fairly safe.

Grealish on around the 60th would be nice.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Good to see Sir Chris on the bench!
    Been annoying my partner by breaking into a chorus of "Chrissy Powell" every time he appears on screen!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    So nervous, even though I received gutting news yesterday that I contracted Covid at last Tues game, so will miss attending the semi if we make it.

I would have no issue ‘resting’ those on yellows. If those replacements are not good enough, what does it say? In my mind they are more than capable and competition for spaces is always a good thing. At the very least I’d whip them off if we’re winning comfortably at any stage.

Confident it will be harder than most predict but that Southgate will just about see us home.

I’m sure they will park the bus and look to hit us on the counter whilst being more than happy to end up at pens. We often struggle breaking teams down in these scenarios, so I think we’ll need to be more creative and agile than recently.

Very mindful we have a performance like that vs Scotland in us, so am in no way complacent.

Come on England, make history!! Two semis on the trot puts Southgate up there behind Ramsey.
    Big call. I don't think Southgate could claim to be alongside Sir Alf until we win something. 
    I did say behind Ramsey.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Bloody awful.. 'cause I spilt my drink when we scored. FFS.
  • Options
    Fuck’s sake Walker. England only looked troubled twice both due to Walker fuck ups. 
    Yeah, I've never been a fan of his, always felt he has a couple of lapses a game but his pace usually gets himself out of trouble.
  • Options
    Controlling the ball well. Ukraine break quickly but have no quality in the final third. Kane looks a different player since his goal against Germany.

Need a second to kill them off, or the last 20 will be horrendous on the nerves.
  • Options
    So far so good. Can’t ever feel 100% comfortable but they’ve largely been managing the pace of the game in the heat and waiting for Ukraine to really start coming at us. Grealish and/or Fodden on as the spaces start to open up and it should all be cooshty……..
  • Options
    The longer the game remains one nil and the introduction of foden/grealish will put this game to bed 
  • Options
    So far this Euros is basically just an extension of England’s normal tournament qualification group procession.