Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

Making the bench today - Ian Maatsen too.
    I feel out of touch, I don’t know who half the players in Chelsea’s bench are!
    Nor does the Chelsea manager!
  • Options
    By just being on the bench he has already done better than Jay Da Silva and Kasey Palmer.
  • Options
    How on earth can Chelsea spend 700m+ in 18 months and end up with Burstow on the bench?!
    Keep not signing strikers.

Is Lukaku injured?  I know he's wanted by a couple of Italian teams but seems strange to not at least have him on the bench to suggest you want to keep him and buff up the price a bit if he's not.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    By just being on the bench he has already done better than Jay Da Silva and Kasey Palmer.
    I thought Palmer came on in the Prem?
    Unused sub in two Premier League games
  • Options
    How on earth can Chelsea spend 700m+ in 18 months and end up with Burstow on the bench?!

Is Lukaku injured?  I know he's wanted by a couple of Italian teams but seems strange to not at least have him on the bench to suggest you want to keep him and buff up the price a bit if he's not.
    Chelsea already told him he has no future there and to find another club.
  • Options

Chelsea already told him he has no future there and to find another club.

I wonder why Lukaku's agent was saying Poch wanted him back at the bridge?
    Maybe he was bullshitting ?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I thought Palmer came on in the Prem?

EDIT - I'm wrong, he was an unused substitute. Just randomly (and pointlessly) found out he made his professional debut coming on for Jack Payne. 
    I stand corrected. I knew he hadn't made an appearance but hadn't realised that he had made the bench.

I would be surprised if Mason does make a league appearance although I could see him playing in a Cup game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It blows my mind that burstow and maatsen are anywhere near a premiership squad let alone a Chelsea bench!!
  • Options
    Maatsen got on and looked alright playing in the front three
  • Options
    Fair play to both of them. Especially Burstow. I have to say, I was a bit surprised a club like Chelsea wanted him in the first and I didn’t expect to see him ever make it near their first team for a Premier League match. Maatsen looked to have a bit more about him but he’s also done better than I expected so soon after being with us. Actually nice to see Chelsea finally playing some of the young players they keep hoovering up rather than just exploiting them for revenue generating loans. 
  • Options
    Iain Maatsen was a very raw 18 year old who had pace when going forward (as long as he was on the left!) But was a naive LB who always looked better when charging forward like a fit Wiggins. Had a great loan at Burnley and has matured and I'm sad to see him back at Chelsea ! Iain's Best work will always be in the opponents half.
  • Options
    I always preferred Maatsen as a left mid rather than left back.
  • Options
    Iain Maatsen was a very raw 18 year old who had pace when going forward (as long as he was on the left!) But was a naive LB who always looked better when charging forward like a fit Wiggins. Had a great loan at Burnley and has matured and I'm sad to see him back at Chelsea ! Iain's Best work will always be in the opponents half.
    This. He was over a year younger than Gallagher was when he was with us and Rak-Sayki was 20 for the most part of last season. How many 18 year olds have started 31 League 1 games as Maatsen did for us that season?  We were actually unbeaten in his final 12 games for us and when pushed further forward under Atkins scored the one and only goal at Doncaster. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    He’s on as a sub for the last 8 mins plus added
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if we had a first team appearance clause 
  • Options
    Chelsea fans would prob end up singing he’s one of our own if he scored. Nob heads 
  • Options
    I would have thought so, particularly because it is a league appearance. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Probably need 10 appearances or similar before we get any extra dosh but at least that's one of them.
  • Options
    Chelsea fans would prob end up singing he’s one of our own if he scored. Nob heads 
    Like we do with leaburn?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Apparently he's one of Chelsea's wizz kids and he had a successful loan spell at Charlton. Great research by the commentator.
    ‘… a loan spell at Charlton, lower down the food chain’. 
    Ffs 
  • Options
    Did he touch the ball?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Did he touch the ball?
    No different to being on a trust board and not seeing one meeting 
  • Options
    Probably. We pay them £400k.