Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mason Burstow - progress at Chelsea (p47)

Comments

• Options
    what's with everyone digging out Mike?

he said 

"From the outside it looks like he is nicking a living from the game"

which I don't think is an unfair comment when you consider that it's widely accepted that he's a lazy trainer that bounces between clubs.
  • Options

he said 

which I don't think is an unfair comment when you consider that it's widely accepted that he's a lazy trainer that bounces between clubs.
    Some people prefer to ignore the actual comments posted. 
  • Options

he said 

He might be a poor trainer but he is a very good player and he definitely isn't nicking a living.
  • Options

he said 

Some people prefer to ignore the actual comments posted. 
    Don't care.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

he said 

“Widely accepted”? By whom, and based on what authoritative source? 
    Dave widely accepts it like he accepts that Fulham and Leicester couldn’t wait to get rid of him, which is untrue on both counts . 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
     So far I’ve been more impressed with Leaburn than I was with Burstow, he looks more ready to play with grown men. 
    I agree. Probably helps that his Dad was 19 when Steve Wicks pole-axed him off the ball  during the Battle of the Bridge :D
  • Options
    buckshee said:
     So far I’ve been more impressed with Leaburn than I was with Burstow, he looks more ready to play with grown men. 
    Leaburn looks more of a "complete" player than Burstow did at the same age, Burstow had a streak of goals in him but Leaburn looks like he brings more to the table overall.

It's hard to say for sure when they are both still young, one, both or neither might well go on to emulate Lookman or Shelvey and establish themselves but certainly I personally wouldn't have Burstow back if it meant Leaburn dropping out of the squad.
  • Options

he said 

whenever it is asked on here, trusted posters say that hes a shit trainer.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    wmcf123 said:

he said 

Dave widely accepts it like he accepts that Fulham and Leicester couldn’t wait to get rid of him, which is untrue on both counts . 
    where did i say that?
  • Options
    Never convinced by Mason like others who came through. Leaburn seems much more realistic prospect. Hope Mason goes on to prove me wrong but I didn't see the potential there like I do with young Miles.
  • Options
    Admin, please change the thread title, it’s giving me palpitations!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

he said 

If 'trusted posters' say it then it must be true. How many posters are in this category?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Worth remembering how good Mason looked at U18/23 level. That goal in the semi-final of the youth FA Cup was Mendonca-level composure. He struggled at men's football but he's 19. If Leaburn struggles we'll say he's being pushed too soon. 
  • Options

he said 

If 'trusted posters' say it then it must be true. How many posters are in this category?
    If that’s how you feel, that’s fine but when the question is asked and people say he’s a poor trainer, why don’t you/isn’t that pulled up? It tends to have responses like, that’s a shame, hope he turns that round etc Mike made a comment that I think had an argument to it and he’s told he’s talking horseshit.

I defend his comment and apparently I think Fulham and Leicester wanted  shot of him
  • Options
    Stansfeld v Glebe Friday night 7:45pm KO.

At Glebe FC Foxbury Avenue Chislehurst.
  • Options
    Am I alone in scratching my head at this. What can he possibly learn from playing in the Southern Counties League (or whatever it is). Hope he’s enjoying the extra pocket money. Could have been leading the line in league 1 learning his trade. 
  • Options
    Has to be some inside joke...