Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2021

Comments

• Options
    Djokovic will end up with about 23 or 24 slams. 
    Goat
  • Options
    Goat
    Agree, he may not be as immediately likeable as Federer or Nadal but I'm sure he's a cyborg, he unbelievable
  • Options
    I find him more likeable than Nadal to be honest 
  • Options
    Goat
    Nadal will win one, maybe two more. Djokovic could get 25+ unless some other players start coming through.
  • Options
    Goat
    If Djokovic can win tomorrow, then win the Olympics then win the US later in the year, there will be absolutely no doubt at all.

Also the first man to reach at least 6 Grand slam finals at each major.
  • Options
    Djokovic is also now the record holder for weeks at Number 1, ahead of Roger, Sampras, Lendl, Connors and only then Nadal
  • Options
    Goat
    Nadal will win one, maybe two more. Djokovic could get 25+ unless some other players start coming through.
    Nadal can never be ruled out in the French open so yes possibly another one or two.
    Can't see him winning any of the others now though. 
  • Options
    Watching the Women’s Doubles final and the noise that Elena Vesnina makes every single time she hits the ball (literally sounds like she’s shouting “hee-yah”) is absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Well done Ash Barty!
  • Options
    Berrettini will give Djokovic lots of problems with that massive serve of his .. However Djokovic is by far the better all rounder and will win, perhaps after a tie break or two
    Lovely to see little Ash Barty winning the ladies event. She's a real trier as well as being an extremely clever all court player, not just relying on power alone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Berettini play Baghdatis live a couple of years ago at Wimbledon (and Ash Barty the same day - got lucky with Court 2 that we saw such good players), and how powerful his serve & forehand looked was crazy - we'd just seen Dan Evans play & it was like the Berettini game was on fast forward compared to that & the ladies singles.

I hope he can win but I doubt it sadly, Djokovic is just a level above everyone else at the moment.
  • Options
    Hope the Italians appreciate that the (presumably mainly English) crowd on Centre Court are getting behind Berrettini!
  • Options
    First set Berrettini after being 5-2 down.

Djokovic hasn't looked his usual self, but Berrettini took time to settle.
  • Options
    And Djokovic immediately goes two breaks up in the second set.
  • Options
    This is a really enjoyable match
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    This is a really enjoyable match
    Class tweener lob from Berrettini.
  • Options
    Hmmm.  Still could be anyone's.  Novak not looking quite his imperious best and could be a slight drop of form away from 2 sets each.
  • Options
    Berrettini's only chance is if I say he's got no chance (which he has).
  • Options
    Djokovic just finds another level when he’s in trouble…
  • Options
    Djokovic just finds another level when he’s in trouble…
    The "greats" are desperate to win and nearly always find another level.
    The rest are happy to win.
    If Berrettini loses he'll still be happy.
    If Djokovic lost he'd be livid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah man, I really dislike Djokovic but he’s absolutely incredible. 

Well played to Berrettini, hopefully he’ll use this as a springboard to get on and challenge at the top of the rankings and for more slams. 
  • Options
    Well done Jack Draper for taking the first set against Novak in the first round.
    The next set DJokovic dropped was today. 

Novak is an all time great. And looks like he will out last the awesome Rafa and Roger.

20 slams and it feels like more to come.

• Options
    Djokovic on another level - well deserved victory 
  • Options
    Goat
  • Options
    Is Federer playing in the Olympics?  Could give give a go to try & complete the set and then retire ether way.
    Pulled out of the Olympics today with a knee injury.

I do wonder if that may be that.
  • Options
    Is Federer playing in the Olympics?  Could give give a go to try & complete the set and then retire ether way.

And he'll never win an Olympics singles Gold now

Looking at the table, Murray is the best male player in the modern age at the Olympics, with 2 golds in the singles and a mixed doubles silver. It would be nice if he could give it a decent go this time
  • Options

And he'll never win an Olympics singles Gold now

Looking at the table, Murray is the best male player in the modern age at the Olympics, with 2 golds in the singles and a mixed doubles silver. It would be nice if he could give it a decent go this time
    I see Djokovic spat his dummy a bit about him having to stick to the same Covid rules as everyone else, e.g. can't wander around as he pleases and can't take his own racquet stringer.

I'm sure he'll play though, can't see him missing a shot at a golden slam.
  • Options
    Unless he thinks it's too close to the US Open and wants the clean sweep in the 4 as a priority I guess.
  • Options
    So many players potentially missing Wimbledon this year.

Federer, maybe Nadal, Zverev, Nishikori, potentially Thiem all injured, Medvedev and Rublev barred along with other Russians.  Hard to see past a Djokovic win.

The women may have no Williams sisters, Sabalenka, Osaka, Raducanu, Barty has retired....