Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2021

Comments

• Options
    Its basically like having Jeremy Bates back now, ranked about 100-odd, exciting tight matches in the early rounds and he'll probably reach the 2nd/3rd round.

I don't even mind, at least it's exciting, though obviously I'd like it if he was still a potential champion.
  • Options
    Just great to see Murray back playing at this level. Anything else is a bonus.
  • Options
    So many slipping this week.
  • Options
    Urray using every last drop of his experience here, you can tell that Otte is in new territory. Let's face it Murray will never be the same again but great to see him play
  • Options
    Its basically like having Jeremy Bates back now, ranked about 100-odd, exciting tight matches in the early rounds and he'll probably reach the 2nd/3rd round.

I don't even mind, at least it's exciting, though obviously I'd like it if he was still a potential champion.
    Bet Murray on one metal hip would beat Bates in straight sets 
  • Options
    Bates and his eternal battle with Michael Chang was a fixture of my youth.

Murray is in a different class of course, world no.1 for nearly a year in the era of Federer, Nadal and djokovic, any other era he'd have been dominant
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Bet Murray on one metal hip would beat Bates in straight sets 
    Probably!  Makes you realise how things have changed since then, at least Henman and Rusedski gave it a go and then obviously we've had Murray.

When he goes it'll be back to "will any Brits reach week 2?"
  • Options
    Well done Murray, well deseved.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Great to see that smile with the win!!

Please give me a summer of England winning the Euros, Cavendish winning the Green Jersey (along with the record number of stages in the Tour) and a Murray win at Wimbledon... I'm not asking for much, honest!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic. Brilliant to see that passion.
  • Options
    Great shot to end it on.
  • Options
    Murray summed it up perfectly in that interview - the change of mindset and trying to play winners rather than staying in the match won through in the end  
  • Options
    Fantastic to see. Hope he is on early doors Friday - we don’t want any Wimbledon/Euros dilemma to contend with…
  • Options
    The talent is still there, some of those winners were glorious. And IF he can stay fit, with match practice he'll cut out more of the mistakes and silly shot choices

Quite an occasion for Otte, centre court under the roof against the home favourite.
  • Options
    You have to admire Murray, never gives in.
    Oh to have 11 first team players with Murray's will to win. We'd smash Europe ala TS plan. 
  • Options
    You have to admire Murray, never gives in.
    Oh to have 11 first team players with Murray's will to win. We'd smash Europe ala TS plan. 
    Nah we'd win in England but lose to a Serbian or Swiss team in Europe.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Got 2 tickets for Court 2 for this Thursday.
    Lovely day for it mate, have a good one.
  • Options
    Cam Norrie into the third round with a straight sets win. Likely to face Federer next.

Murray will face 10th seed Shapovalov and Dan Evans is up against unseeded Seb Korda.

Feels odd to have three Brits still in at the third round stage.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cam Norrie into the third round with a straight sets win. Likely to face Federer next.

Murray will face 10th seed Shapovalov and Dan Evans is up against unseeded Seb Korda.

Feels odd to have three Brits still in at the third round stage.

Now confirmed, Federer through in straight sets.

Tough game for Norrie.
  • Options
    Emma Raducanu 😮
  • Options
    Cal_1991 said:
    Emma Raducanu 😮
    Local girl, used to practise in Petts Wood.
  • Options
    Cal_1991 said:
    Emma Raducanu 😮
    Local girl, used to practise in Petts Wood.
    Anyone know what club she used to play at? 
  • Options
    Cal_1991 said:
    Emma Raducanu 😮
    Yep, hold the back pages.
    Gutsy, fearless, determined.
    Not to mention pretty as hell and a winning smile.
    Think we'll be seeing a lot more of her.
  • Options
    How was Federer playing? Only caught it on the radio and he sounded rusty
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Brushed Gasquet aside without breaking a sweat.
    Yet to be tested I'd say
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Brushed Gasquet aside without breaking a sweat.
    Yet to be tested I'd say
    Wasn't looking great in the first round until his opponent slipped and injured himself but looked much more comfortable today.