Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2021

Comments

• Open spot:

1. Raducanu or Tomljanovic (on Court 1 after Zverev v Auger-Aliassime)

• Open spots:

1. Zverev or Auger-Aliassime (on Court 1, A-A leads two sets to love)
    2. Federer or Sonego (on Centre Court, about to start)
    3. Medvedev or Hurkacz (on Court 2, one set apiece)

• It's sad but I recognise only 4 of those names

Would have been a time most of the top 25 were quite well known to me
  • MrOneLung said:
    It's sad but I recognise only 4 of those names

Would have been a time most of the top 25 were quite well known to me
    this was posted re the women's draw
  • you just know Zverev is gonna take this to 5 sets
  • edited July 2021
    Fifth set coming up on Court 1, pushing back the Raducanu match further still. Raducanu/Tomljanovic at a major disadvantage to the rest of the women left in the tournament here.
  • Now rain delays. Kind of takes the possibility of Court 2 out of the equation.

Whoever did the scheduling for today is sweating now….
  • Sponsored links:

• Same disadvantage for both and I think the idea was it a good time for the home audience to watch it. I hope it doesn't affect Raducanu more though as she is so inexperienced
  • Same disadvantage for both and I think the idea was it a good time for the home audience to watch it. I hope it doesn't affect Raducanu more though as she is so inexperienced
    The disadvantage is for the winner as they'll have less rest time. 
  • Talal said:
    Same disadvantage for both and I think the idea was it a good time for the home audience to watch it. I hope it doesn't affect Raducanu more though as she is so inexperienced
    The disadvantage is for the winner as they'll have less rest time. 
    Yeah exactly. 

No real disadvantage for this particular round. They will obviously schedule the Barty v Raducanu / Tomljanovic match as last on centre to even it up as much as they can. 

Even then, it’s probably going to be 6-8 hours of lost rest for the quarter final. Not a massive deal if they were playing Wednesday but within 24 hours makes a big difference.
  • Do they take into account the men's matches are usually far longer? This is always the difficult part of the schedule for the women since they mixed up the matches rather than having just women's/men's matches on separate days
  • Auger-Aliassime wins the fifth set so should be seeing Raducanu shortly.
  • Federer .. say no more
  • Raducanu getting so close to a break a couple of times.
    good quality match .. I fear Emma is getting a wee bit overpowered by the Aussie/Croat
  • Unbelievable ball striking by Tomljanovic. Think Raducanu just tired towards the end of that set.
    good quality match .. I fear Emma is getting a wee bit overpowered by the Aussie/Croat
    You could see the nerves kick in a bit in that last game.

Shame Raducanu couldn't make one of her chances count earlier - it's impressive she's playing this well v a top 100 player though.
  • Sponsored links:

• She seems to be winded. 
  • Christ, these girls hit hard!!!!
  • edited July 2021
    Such a shame that she’s physically struggling. Holding her own so well but just unable to convert any of her five break points.

Tomljanovic has had four opportunities and won two of them. That’s been the difference.
  • Doing a jason pearce now…
  • That's a shame although she was clearly struggling as the match progressed.
  • Raducanu has to retire due to medical reasons. Tomljanovic through 6-4 3-0.
  • sad way to end
  • *Wimbledon travel advice*

Has anyone been much/ know the setup - or even been this year?

I’m going on Wednesday and then fortunate enough to be  going to Wembley for the game. Trying to work out how easy it is to get a taxi.

Is there a rank with cabs all the time right outside?

Will it be relatively easy to get in one at say 5.30/6.00pm (I’m assuming we’ll be leaving before play has ended)?

are there ubers etc knocking around and easy enough to get up and down there?

any general tips?!
  • Such a shame for her. Slightly unfortunate in that first set in that she had 3 (or4) breakpoints and lost it on the first break point against her. Nerves got the better of her and I fear it was this that made her go into panic attacks and withdraw.