Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce - (p11 - retires and joins Academy as coach)

Comments

• Options
    Can someone change the title?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Scoham said:
    Sounds like he will not be getting a playing contract with us. For me that's the right decision. 
  • Options
    Yep agree with above sounds like he will not be staying which I feel is the right decision , wish him all the best if he does leave of course as he has been a great servant for the club.
  • Options
    I read it as the club may be willing to offer a 1 year contract at a reduced rate with guaranteed coaching time, and Jackson's comments seem to suggest Pearce needs to choose between less playing and more coaching, or a 2 year playing contract elsewhere.
  • Options
    Completly pointless stat alert 🚨 If he plays and scores against Ipswich he could end his Charlton stint at with an identical games and goals record to what he had at Bournemouth 😀
  • Options
    I hope they give him another contract as a back up player. He always gives his all on the pitch and I’m sure the same on the training ground and with the youngsters. 
  • Options
    Jacko's quotes definitely make it sound like he can stay here and coach or he can go somewhere else and try to keep playing. If that's the case I think it's probably the right decision. It'll be a shame if he goes as he's been a solid servant during a largely unglamorous period for the club and is still capable of turning in a good performance. He's not consistently at level we need though and, in Lavelle, potentially his natural successor is already at the club. 

He does seem a grounded family man though so I suspect he'll make a good coach and role model if he sticks around. If we need more coaches for our stated aim of Cat 1 academy status I would think there could be room for him in the coaching setup.

• Options
    I’m not sure Jacko means it to sound so black and white- he spoke about this last night at the dinner and he said Pearce was in a similar situation to himself a few years ago where you still believe you can play every game. He said Karl Robinson helped him a lot through that transition and he’s trying to do the same with Pearce. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can someone change the title?
    Done. Tagging us in to the discussion gets it done quicker though :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if todays defeat will be one of the moments he's enjoyed the most?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Well that's fairly clear I suspect.

If you want to carry on playing, sorry Jason but there won't be a contract for you here.

But if you want to start a coaching career, there's some sort of deal on the table for you.

• Options
    I just hope if Pearce goes it isn't because we want to keep Inniss as back up for Lavelle.
  • Options
    Legend as far as I am concerned! 
    and if the bloke got passed him there is the pulling him down option? 
  • Options
    Never gave less than 100%. Not the greatest, not the worst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don’t understand how anyone can feel genuinely happy about Pearce going, I think he still had something to offer as a backup option & as a experienced leader.
    I'm glad he's off. Too slow & loves a foul. We cant keep offering contracts to old or injured players. Time to move on.
  • Options
    The right decision and Pearce goes with my best wishes (assuming he's not staying in a coaching capacity).
  • Options
    With the squad cap in place it was the only decision to make. 

Thanks for the memories, hope he stays as a coach if that's what he would prefer. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I don’t understand how anyone can feel genuinely happy about Pearce going, I think he still had something to offer as a backup option & as a experienced leader.
    Perhaps a new style of leadership is required given the shite we've been served up the past few seasons.