Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce - (p11 - retires and joins Academy as coach)

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Nice one Club and Pearcy. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    This is where I am slightly confused. Great he is staying with the club but in an emergency, might he not be of some use as a player? I presume we could quickly sign him up as a player as he won't be contracted to anybody else. Ideally it won't happen but he can certainly do a job for a game or two.
  • Options
    This is where I am slightly confused. Great he is staying with the club but in an emergency, might he not be of some use as a player? I presume we could quickly sign him up as a player as he won't be contracted to anybody else. Ideally it won't happen but he can certainly do a job for a game or two.
    Mmmmm…..that means he would have to keep up his fitness to professional level…..he certainly won’t have the time for that Muttley.
  • Options
    One of a very few who've lifted a trophy for charlton. A no holds barred defender, who gave everything.  A Charlton legend? No doubt about it. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Being a U18'S coach is a full time job and to keep his fitness level and match sharpness he would still need to do the daily training routines with the 1st team.  

Edit: just seen soundAsa£ say similar above.
  • Options
    Happy retirement, @jpearce05
    We'll see you at the training ground next week.

• Options
    One of about three members of last year’ squad whose departure I’d have lamented. Top bloke and made up in commitment to the cause what he lacked in raw talent. Thanks for everything Jason and glad you’ll still be around. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very pleased with this news 
  • Options
    Outside of sport, there can be few careers where people have to take the decision when to retire in their 30ies, and it is good he took time to investigate other possibilities before deciding the coaching role at Charlton was the best next move for him.

He has had a good career, and seems a thoroughly nice person who will relate well to the U18s and push them to their next level.  If we achieve Cat.1, more coaches will be needed in the academy, and it is good to have a core of people like Jason, with an excellent work ethic, to set the tone for newcomers. 

Thanks for your input as a player, Jason; I'm sure you will also be valued as a coach.
  • Options
    Thanks , Jason; a true warrior and a great character to have around .  Not with us in the best of times , although I’d argue that he was pivotal to us going up in the playoff final .  Glad he’s sticking around .  
  • Options
    I’m delighted he’s staying at Charlton.
    Thoroughly lovely bloke ♥️
  • Options
    I think he should’ve decided to play on as long as he can. 
    You’re a long time retired. However I am delighted he is staying on. Jason has the tough call now as a teacher. Being an example and having knowledge is not the same as sacrificing your own ego and getting into the mindset and temperament of very varied others, and leading and encouraging them to get better.
    That takes experience, or a natural gift.
    One reason Ben Garner might be a good appointment is he can’t point to a good career as a player and simply ask young players to copy that, he has to work with others where his own ego doesn’t matter.
    Can Jason Pearce make a difference to young individuals? I hope so.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    After JJ departure after 12 years and being the conduit. Jason staying means he has taken over Johnnie role as ex captain turned coach( U18'S is good with the young guys) and gives a feeling that not everyone is new and having some longevity is no bad thing.

Character and a strong mentality is needed.
    Boy, do we need it.

Read the words of Jason Pearce and get a feel for the person. Too many people leave their brains at home when they give individuals personal stick at grounds. Maybe it's just the drink talking ?
  • Options
    Happy 35th birthday Jason - probably not the present you expected!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy 35th birthday Jason - probably not the present you expected!
    Bit late ! 

That announcement was last August !