Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rule changes you would like to see

Comments

• Options
    Scrap VAR
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Only the captains can approach the ref/linesmen.
    Blatant goal line deliberate hand ball (Ala Suarez v Ghana in 2010 World Cup) results in a red card and goal given with no penalty kick.
    So in summary, you want football to mimic rugby?

I don’t have an issue with your first point, but I do not agree with ‘penalty goals’.
    I’m not wanting it compulsory that players after the match have to down a gallon of ale, stick a trail of toilet roll up their arse, set light to it and race to have it extinguished.
    Would just welcome the things that have that would stop or at least be proper punishment for abusing officials and blatant cheating.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Blatant goal line deliberate hand ball (Ala Suarez v Ghana in 2010 World Cup) results in a red card and goal given with no penalty kick.

I don’t have an issue with your first point, but I do not agree with ‘penalty goals’.
    I’m not wanting it compulsory that players after the match have to down a gallon of ale, stick a trail of toilet roll up their arse, set light to it and race to have it extinguished.
    Would just welcome the things that have that would stop or at least be proper punishment for abusing officials and blatant cheating.
    Makes our tunnel jump look quite tame.
  • Options

Good alternative to penalties. We would easily have won euro96
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Why ever not? 
  • Options
    Keeper time wasting resulting in a corner to the opposition is a good one. 
    In that case we should also have attackers  who fiddle about at the corner flag immediately conceding a goal kick.
  • Options
    Once a goal is scored, you have 30 secs to get back in your own half, if not the team that has just conceded, can kick off.
    Goal celebrations are part of the fun. 
    Imagine if your rule had applied at Wembley in '19
  • Options
    If a fancy dan show pony Saha type does more than two stepovers or throws two or more dummies to no effect then the defending full back is granted a free hack at the showoff's shins.
    I can't find it now but there's footage of Simonsen in his Barca days getting brutal comeuppance for grievous piss taking - that's probably a step too far but the principle is fine.
  • Options
    Once a goal is scored, you have 30 secs to get back in your own half, if not the team that has just conceded, can kick off.
    Goal celebrations are part of the fun. 
    Imagine if your rule had applied at Wembley in '19
    Agreed!

But the clock should somehow be firmly and demonstrably stopped as soon as a goal is signalled by the referee. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    bobmunro said:

Makes our tunnel jump look quite tame.
    I miss it's a knockout 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not really a rule 'change' per say, but an interpretation of the rules. 

In the past few seasons, if a defender with the ball is under pressure and feels any contact behind them, they go down and they always win the foul. 

It's not a foul, it's a contact sport and the opposition player has the right to challenge for the ball. The defender should be made to play out of the situation or put the ball out. Should stop these silly fouls being given.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Not really a rule 'change' per say, but an interpretation of the rules. 

In the past few seasons, if a defender with the ball is under pressure and feels any contact behind them, they go down and they always win the foul. 

It's not a foul, it's a contact sport and the opposition player has the right to challenge for the ball. The defender should be made to play out of the situation or put the ball out. Should stop these silly fouls being given.
    It should be made absolutely clear in the rules that a foul must in some way have "disadvantaged" the player who is fouled.

So contact or even pushing and tripping shouldn't matter if it hasn't actually caused a player to lose the ball or misplace his pass or whatever. Anything likely to injure or hurt a player (i.e. a "late" challenge) should be free kick for dangerous play rather than a "simple foul".

I know it's subjective and not good for VAR but that's how the game was meant to be played - and to be fair - the Euro refs seem to appreciate this more than premier league refs.
  • Options
    Mark the spot of a blatant dive with a small cage, then shove the offender inside with only a nappy on and a gimp mask. 
  • Options
    Goals scored by the visiting team at The Valley immediately disallowed under the ungentlemanly conduct laws!
  • Options
    Introduce the Sin Bin, ( already mentioned I know ).
    15 minute penalty for time wasting, to include kicking the ball away from oppo's at free kicks.
    Blocking oppo's at free kicks by not retreating 10 yards.

That's for starters, I really feel robbed of at least a quarter hour of footy at most games, the Sin Bin wouldn't half help.

• Options
    Offside is for the chest only, like deciding who wins a running race. No other part of the body counts. 

Anyone who types ‘lol’ is warned for a first offence, beheaded for a second offence. 
  • Options
    Offside is for the chest only, like deciding who wins a running race. No other part of the body counts. 

Anyone who types ‘lol’ is warned for a first offence, beheaded for a second offence. 
    Does this apply to women’s football also?
  • Options
    The home team win the toss for kicking the right way from the kick off, in our case for clarity, the Covered End
    in the second half.
  • Options
    sarge1g said:
    Give the linesman a spray the same as the ref. so that he can mark where a throw in takes place, any body encroaching up the pitch then would receive a yellow card and the throw awarded to the other team.
    now that is not a bad idea at all
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Not a biggie, but if a player commits a foul, he’s not allowed to kick the ball away (I’m not talking about a big kick, which would result in a booking). We see it too often, which slows the game down and works as an advantage for the defending team.
    In AFL you actually HAVE to throw the ball back to the opponent. You can’t just drop in and then expect the opponent to pick the ball up.
  • Options
    Free kicks can be taken immediately without permission of the ref. Any attempt to slow or stop this is a yellow card.
  • Options
    sarge1g said:
    Give the linesman a spray the same as the ref. so that he can mark where a throw in takes place, any body encroaching up the pitch then would receive a yellow card and the throw awarded to the other team.
    Good idea.

One thing that irritates the pedant in me is when a ref sprays the line that players must be behind at a fee kick, it is always a straight line. Yet a true line ten yards from the ball would be an arc of the same ‘bend’ as the centre circle and penalty D.

• Options
    The 6 second rule to be enforced/brought back 

Tackling not to be penalised like it is now

Video replays to be available for on pitch referees only and for big stuff like a hugely obvious but missed offside, an actual handball rather than the nonsense it is now, a clear cut penalty rather than the head and calves minced backwards, "there was contact" no, contact is not a foul and for offenders to be punched by me until they promise not to do it again 

Screaming like a newborn baby when getting a kick, irritates the shit out of me that 
  • Options
    Or even stop the goalkeeper catching the ball altogether! 

Can still use hands but mustn't actually hold on to the ball. Would certainly spice things up a bit in the penalty area!
  • Options
    GK placed kick has to be taken on the side it actually went off.  Too much time wasting with keepers putting it down correct side, then picking it up and taking from the other side.
  • Options
    Immediate red card for Olivier Giroud
  • Options
    Stop all the messing around with corners, make it that the ball MUST be INSIDE the quadrant, all the faffing about trying to gain a couple of inches is a bloody farce.
  • Options
    ads said:
    Immediate red card for Olivier Giroud
    In the warm up.