Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Imagine Juve fans.
    Sell the greatest player there has ever been....and replace him with Moise Kean. On loan. From Everton. 
  • Options
    Juve going through a rebuilding stage, Dybala and Chiesa are top level attacking players to have, the midfield with Locatelli, Arthur, Rabiot in it are ok, De Ligt is a great defender, Sczcesny and Perrin 2 good keepers, but to compete at the top they need a proper LW, a couple more defenders to replace the ageing Bonucci and Chiellini, and a top tier "name" to play up front, better than Morata. 

Cavani to Barcelona is interesting, rumour is they're only getting rid of him so Cristiano can take over the 7 shirt
  • Options
    Ipswich sign Celina on loan, if it's the Swansea winger that's one heck of a signing
  • Options
    Ipswich sign Celina on loan, if it's the Swansea winger that's one heck of a signing
    Well aware they let a lot of players go this summer, but there wage bill must be way out of control for a league 1 side this season. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    that’s a cracking tweet from Ipswich, fair play Tgry deserve all those signings with that bants 
  • Options
    Cook will be sacked soon if he doesn't get a few wins 
  • Options
    Saido Berahino linked with Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    what a boring day so far.
  • Options
    Forgot he existed!!  From £20m bids to not scoring in about 3 years....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First thought was what a great signing. Then looked at stats and he hasn’t scored more than 6 times in a season since 2014/15. 
  • Options
    hope he signs for them

• Options
    Wilshere training with Como?
    There are reports that Jack Wilshere is training with Serie B club Como in Italy.
    The 29-year-old midfielder, formely of Arsenal and Bournemouth, has been left without a club.
    He's hoping to attract attention from a side in the Italian top-flight.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Wilshere training with Como?
    There are reports that Jack Wilshere is training with Serie B club Como in Italy.
    The 29-year-old midfielder, formely of Arsenal and Bournemouth, has been left without a club.
    He's hoping to attract attention from a side in the Italian top-flight.
    suggestions he can't be signed by Como cos he's a non-eu person .. how come English clubs can sign chancers from all over the world and they are entitled to work visas ?

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Ipswich recruitment, whilst prolific is a bit of a mess, it might gel, but it could also be a fantastic to watch car crash
    Think I'd rather their players than ours. Apart from maybe Kirk. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Ipswich recruitment, whilst prolific is a bit of a mess, it might gel, but it could also be a fantastic to watch car crash
    Despite their early results?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Everyone keeps saying that we are only a few games in and we shouldnt overreact to our crap start.

Surely that works both ways and we shouldn't assume their team wont gel?

I would place money on them finishing clear of us this season.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Everyone keeps saying that we are only a few games in and we shouldnt overreact to our crap start.

Very true... I've only just said myself that we should judge our season after 10-games
  • Options
    Connor Roberts signs for Burnley

Good player, but that's 2 full backs Burnley have signed which isn't where most people would have considered they needed to strengthen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Lookman having a medical before loan move to Leicester..Sky
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Rothko said:

Boom or bust for them to be honest. While on paper their signings should have them winning the league at a canter, it can all go tits up very very quickly if results don’t pick up soon / players don’t get their promised game time etc.

Paul Cook has got a very interesting job on his hands keeping all those attacking players happy: Harper, Burns, Evans, Fraser, Dobra, Nolan, Carroll, Celina, Pigott, Norwood, Bonne, Barry, Jackson, Aluko, Chaplin, Edwards.

That’s 16 players to fill 6 starting spots across midfield / up front. 

If even five make the bench (plus a keeper plus a defender) that’s still five players missing out on matchday squads.
  • Options
    Just choose all of them and 2 keepers for the 18 and beat everyone 8-7
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Boom or bust for them to be honest. While on paper their signings should have them winning the league at a canter, it can all go tits up very very quickly if results don’t pick up soon / players don’t get their promised game time etc.

Paul Cook has got a very interesting job on his hands keeping all those attacking players happy: Harper, Burns, Evans, Fraser, Dobra, Nolan, Carroll, Celina, Pigott, Norwood, Bonne, Barry, Jackson, Aluko, Chaplin, Edwards.

It's not boom or bust at all. 

If and its a big if they are paying all 20 of their first team players 4k more than we are that's only £4 million over the season.  They are condensing 3 years loses into 2 years and have a very good chance of going up.  If they don't go up they can probably reduce that lose more by selling a couple like Edwards, Fraser, Pigott etc.  Some like Carroll are only on 1 year deals anyway.

Where the likes of Forest, Derby, Wednesday etc have got in real trouble is by paying players 30-40k a week, sacking the manager then bringing in another load of players and not shifting the ones they have got.  Ipswich will get in trouble if they either sack Cook and start again in January or just bring in 10 more in January. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

If and its a big if they are paying all 20 of their first team players 4k more than we are that's only £4 million over the season.  They are condensing 3 years loses into 2 years and have a very good chance of going up.  If they don't go up they can probably reduce that lose more by selling a couple like Edwards, Fraser, Pigott etc.  Some like Carroll are only on 1 year deals anyway.

Where the likes of Forest, Derby, Wednesday etc have got in real trouble is by paying players 30-40k a week, sacking the manager then bringing in another load of players and not shifting the ones they have got.  Ipswich will get in trouble if they either sack Cook and start again in January or just bring in 10 more in January. 
    This.

Spend £4m a year with the very good expectation of getting promoted within 2 years or lose £10m a year just hoping a rag bag team can nick 6th spot. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

That would be true if you hadn't completely made the figure up. I literally know one person directly involved in football and they know of two contracts at Ipswich. Put it this way, the signing on fee and wage is going to cost them 800k per year for one and 1.2mil for another, and I doubt either player was anywhere near the most expensive signing. 
  • Options
    First thought was what a great signing. Then looked at stats and he hasn’t scored more than 6 times in a season since 2014/15. 
    Done deal.

Strange how these teams who were under embargo's due to not paying wages or general financial mismanagement are suddenly splashing the cash as if their financial woes never happened. Sheff W, Wigan & Reading come to mind. 
  • Options
    Done deal.

Strange how these teams who were under embargo's due to not paying wages or general financial mismanagement are suddenly splashing the cash as if their financial woes never happened. Sheff W, Wigan & Reading come to mind. 
    an expert in company 'law' is seemingly as valuable to many clubs as a good team manager, scout or top class player
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

That would be true if you hadn't completely made the figure up. I literally know one person directly involved in football and they know of two contracts at Ipswich. Put it this way, the signing on fee and wage is going to cost them 800k per year for one and 1.2mil for another, and I doubt either player was anywhere near the most expensive signing. 
    But doing nothing costs then a fortune as well.  If they were going to break even with a "normal" sized wage bill it would be a big difference.   Their last 2 sets of accounts show operational loses of over £18 million quid.

Your figures may well be 100% correct, I don't doubt that, but they would be paying someone else something to take that place up in the squad.   The highly criticised Watson and Gunter probably cost us about £400k a year over their contracts.

They will know exactly how much they have spent and exactly how long they can afford to maintain it for.  For a club their size doing nothing or not going for it isn't free nor cheap.  That's what you have got to compare it to. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:

But doing nothing costs then a fortune as well.  If they were going to break even with a "normal" sized wage bill it would be a big difference.   Their last 2 sets of accounts show operational loses of over £18 million quid.

Your figures may well be 100% correct, I don't doubt that, but they would be paying someone else something to take that place up in the squad.   The highly criticised Watson and Gunter probably cost us about £400k a year over their contracts.

They will know exactly how much they have spent and exactly how long they can afford to maintain it for.  For a club their size doing nothing or not going for it isn't free nor cheap.  That's what you have got to compare it to. 
    Yeah fair points. I do agree, it's not quite boom or bust, but it's also going to be a very expensive loss if they don't go up. But yes, fair play, most reasonably sized League 1 clubs are going to lose considerable money anyway so I can understand the gamble. I think they'll lose 20mil this season though.