Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Lookman has been away from us for ages, but not really done the business other than in his first loan spell at RBL. That 5 year contract they gave him was a massive vote of confidence which hasn't really paid off
    Don't put the mortgage on this happening, Leicester going after CHO on a perm 😳
  • Options
    Could that Deeney move possibly free up Leko? 
  • Options
    They dont start with Taylor & Grabban so God knows where Maja would fit in 
    Maja will be ahead of those two.
    Lyle will be back in L1 soon. Very soon
  • Options
    Probably at Ipswich
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I have been saying all summer, Sunderland. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I have been saying all summer, Sunderland. 
    That's my bet but you never know.

• Options
    £30m is such a waste of money. 

How United managed to get £30m for a player that wasn't even close to the first-team is beyond me. Leeds should've got him for £15m max. 
  • Options
    Shocking that he was a propa good player with Leicester,  Chelsea buy him and he's a flop. Reminds me or Fernando 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

How United managed to get £30m for a player that wasn't even close to the first-team is beyond me. Leeds should've got him for £15m max. 
    Based on?

The same market were White goes for £50 million?   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Based on?

Just because one team overpays for an average player means that others have to? 

Due to the rise of Greenwood United were happy to let James go. Letting United have their cake and eat it too by way overpaying for a player that at United was quite limited. He's 23 so not much room to develop there. 
  • Options
    Shocking that he was a propa good player with Leicester,  Chelsea buy him and he's a flop. Reminds me or Fernando 

Torres was a weird one, the transformation from world class striker to someone who looked like he'd been plucked from the pub was strange. I'm not sure Drinkwater is comparable, like players such as Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan and Huth he just had the season of his career and couldn't back it up. Was a terrible signing. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Based on?

no, the market where you can get Donnarumma, Ramos, Wijnaldum and Messi for free...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Based on?

Just because one team overpays for an average player means that others have to? 

Due to the rise of Greenwood United were happy to let James go. Letting United have their cake and eat it too by way overpaying for a player that at United was quite limited. He's 23 so not much room to develop there. 
    I would say that judging by the premier league market this summer, and the last 3 years, £30 million isn't that bad, 15 would be a steel.  He is 23 and does have room for improvement but you also know what your getting. 

United paid 15 million for him, and Leeds were prepared to pay that then, he is a proven Premier League player now, he isn't a top 4 player, that doesn't mean he isn't a good player. 
  • Options
    Reading, already a team with massive financial issues, taking on a huge wage in Drinkwater for a season. 
  • Options

Torres was a weird one, the transformation from world class striker to someone who looked like he'd been plucked from the pub was strange. I'm not sure Drinkwater is comparable, like players such as Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan and Huth he just had the season of his career and couldn't back it up. Was a terrible signing. 
    Just the fact that Danny Drinkwater may drop to the Championship is strange. 
    Norwich, Brentford, Palace etc not interested is baffling. 
    Like you said maybe not fair to compare with torres but he flopped and so have others at Chelsea. They then go on and improve and Chelsea buy them back for a 100 million or whatever 
  • Options

Like you said maybe not fair to compare with torres but he flopped and so have others at Chelsea. They then go on and improve and Chelsea buy them back for a 100 million or whatever 
    Chelsea have arguably made the worst signings over the last 10 years or so. They just bought too many and didn't get younger players a chance, like you say those players go away improve and make them look stupid - Salah, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Matic all examples with two of them costing a fortune to get back. 

I'm not surprised with Drinkwater to be honest. His loan spells with Burney and Villa were unsuccessful. As a low risk punt I wouldn't have been shocked to see him go to a smaller Prem club but I also completely understand why they wouldn't touch him. 
  • Options

Chelsea have arguably made the worst signings over the last 10 years or so. They just bought too many and didn't get younger players a chance, like you say those players go away improve and make them look stupid - Salah, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Matic all examples with two of them costing a fortune to get back. 

I'm not surprised with Drinkwater to be honest. His loan spells with Burney and Villa were unsuccessful. As a low risk punt I wouldn't have been shocked to see him go to a smaller Prem club but I also completely understand why they wouldn't touch him. 
    I can't say I've followed Drinkwater career but in that Leicester team with Kante I can't believe he's  fallen so far already.  
    Ross barkley is the next Chelsea outcast probably 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Rotherham in talks with Regan Slater of Sheffield United who was linked with us. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Rotherham in talks with Regan Slater of Sheffield United who was linked with us. 
    A more convenient move for the player than coming down to London!
  • Options

I can't say I've followed Drinkwater career but in that Leicester team with Kante I can't believe he's  fallen so far already.  
    I just think some of the Leicester team were genuinely quality players - Schmeichel, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy. Others such as Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater and Albrighton just had the season of their careers and never followed it up. Drinkwater stands out as he was the only one from that list who got a big money move, but I personally thought from day 1 it was a poor desperate signing rather than a good player who has underachieved (not saying he hasn't underachieved, just that he should never have been a 30mil player in the first place). 
  • Options

I just think some of the Leicester team were genuinely quality players - Schmeichel, Kante, Mahrez and Vardy. Others such as Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater and Albrighton just had the season of their careers and never followed it up. Drinkwater stands out as he was the only one from that list who got a big money move, but I personally thought from day 1 it was a poor desperate signing rather than a good player who has underachieved (not saying he hasn't underachieved, just that he should never have been a 30mil player in the first place). 
    Hes been a flop since leaving Leicester surely you agree. Same as Fernando flopped at Chelsea.
    A good player becoming crap is a Chelsea thing, it's weird 
  • Options

Drinkwater doesn't care....he's laughing all the way to the bank....
  • Options

Hes been a flop since leaving Leicester surely you agree. Same as Fernando flopped at Chelsea.
    It's not just a Chelsea thing though, every clubs has its transfer failures. Robinho to City was a disaster. Nathan Ake for £40m? Benjamin Mendy for £52m...
  • Options

yes I agree, just not that it's comparable to Torres who was a quality player and then did massively flop. Drinkwater was destined to flop because he was an average player who Chelsea massively overpaid for. 
  • Options

yes I agree, just not that it's comparable to Torres who was a quality player and then did massively flop. Drinkwater was destined to flop because he was an average player who Chelsea massively overpaid for. 
    I will agree to disagree he was average. 
    I also will add I hate Chelsea. Their club, their fans and their business is scummy. Hate them more than Millwall  and I really mean it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Lookman has been away from us for ages, but not really done the business other than in his first loan spell at RBL. That 5 year contract they gave him was a massive vote of confidence which hasn't really paid off
    Don't put the mortgage on this happening, Leicester going after CHO on a perm 😳
    Will we get a fee ?