Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Unbelievable signing for Utd - he is still absolutely top drawer
  • Options
    Be decent having him back in the Premier League

Really could be the difference for Man Utd now - They look a little bereft of ideas against Southampton
  • Options
    Obviously a great player but it definitely feels a bit like United have gone for him just to stop him going to City.

The boost he'll give to the fans and the players though will be incredible.
  • Options
    Jesus - looking on the BlueMoon Man City forum and what a total bunch of muppets they are coming across like......

Lets not forget we beat them to the Championship title and their natural place in English football is probably mid to lower end premier league (just below likes of Everton). They should enjoy their current spell while it lasts.

Instead they are now saying its been a 'very very poor window there's no way of shirking away from it' and they are 'clearly working within some pretty tight constraints'.

Fuck me - they just paid £100m for a player and broke the British transfer record! Get a grip lads. I remember when their star signing was Shaun Goater!

Pretty stupid window though if they spend £100m on a midfielder they didn't desperately need, but don't replace Aguero

False 9s are all very well, but you can't beat a top quality striker up top
  • Options
    Only rumoured to be 25million for Ronaldo but 5 mil a year. Thats cheap in the current market 
  • Options
    Jesus - looking on the BlueMoon Man City forum and what a total bunch of muppets they are coming across like......

Lets not forget we beat them to the Championship title and their natural place in English football is probably mid to lower end premier league (just below likes of Everton). They should enjoy their current spell while it lasts.

Instead they are now saying its been a 'very very poor window there's no way of shirking away from it' and they are 'clearly working within some pretty tight constraints'.

Fuck me - they just paid £100m for a player and broke the British transfer record! Get a grip lads. I remember when their star signing was Shaun Goater!

Pretty stupid window though if they spend £100m on a midfielder they didn't desperately need, but don't replace Aguero

Aguero didn't really play much last season and they were fine. I do expect the challengers to be much better admittedly, Liverpool have Van Dijk back, Chelsea looked good under Tuchel and have added Lukaku and Utd look strong but City still look very strong too. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Really could be the difference for Man Utd now - They look a little bereft of ideas against Southampton
    They still could do with a defensive midfielder given McTominay is out and Matic is slower than me these days, but I agree Ronaldo could make a big difference - can see him nicking a goal in a few tight games that they may have drawn last season, games like the Saints one.
  • Options

They still could do with a defensive midfielder govne McTominay is out and Matic is slower than me these days, but I agree Ronaldo could make a big difference - can see him nicking a goal in a few tight games that they may have drawn last season, games like the Saints one.
    Yeah Eduardo Camavinga from Stade Rennais would have been the ideal signing there
  • Options

Aguero didn't really play much last season and they were fine. I do expect the challengers to be much better admittedly, Liverpool have Van Dijk back, Chelsea looked good under Tuchel and have added Lukaku and Utd look strong but City still look very strong too. 
    Didn't win the Champions League though, the one they crave
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I'd be very surprised if Lingard didn't move as a result of this. Would make sense for him 

The other one I think needs to get out of United is Donny Van Der Beek , still don't understand where he fits in there. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I'd be very surprised if Lingard didn't move as a result of this. Would make sense for him 

The other one I think needs to get out of United is Donny Van Der Beek , still don't understand where he fits in there. 
    I wonder whether last summer & this United expected Pogba to go, and VDB may have been his intended replacement, but then decent bids never came in for Pogba. 
  • Options
    Whatever you think of Ronaldo and of Man U, it will be enjoyable to watch him playing at Old Trafford again. Just glad it’s not against us
  • Options
    If Ronaldo is coming in to play central , wonder that leaves Martial 
  • Options
    Whatever you think of Ronaldo and of Man U, it will be enjoyable to watch him playing at Old Trafford again. Just glad it’s not against us
    I dunno, would much rather watch Ronaldo score against in the premier league as opposed to James McClean in League 1.  
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    If Ronaldo is coming in to play central , wonder that leaves Martial 
    Stuck down the pecking order and probably on wages too high for anyone to sign him.

I'd say their front 3 might be Sancho, Ronaldo, Pogba with Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford as backups?  Leaves Martial, James, Limgard etc playing cup games at best unless they move.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Fantastic signing for United. He might not quite be at the very top of his powers anymore but he’s close - he was fantastic in the euros playing centrally. A real genuine winner and leader who won’t stand for any shenanigans that brought the lows United have recently had. A bit like when we signed di canio - a player with such a reputation and force of personality it brings everyone up a gear. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Obviously a great player but it definitely feels a bit like United have gone for him just to stop him going to City.

The boost he'll give to the fans and the players though will be incredible.
    Given their share price a nice boost as well

EDIT: seen already posted
  • Options
    Fuming as I've just put Lukaku and Greenwood in my fantasy team
  • Options
    Where does this leave city?
    Haaland??
  • Options
    Where does this leave city?
    Haaland??
    Probably 10 points clear at the end of the season rather than 20. 
  • Options
    Could City go for Lewandowski?
  • Options
    Tapindowski
  • Options
    Have they been renamed Cristiano Ronalado's Manchester United yet?
  • Options
    Confirmed Zouma to West Ham for £29.8m

Chelsea are very good at getting good prices for their players