Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Ethan Galbraith joins Donny on loan from Man Utd. He was linked with Championship clubs a month ago. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Southampton need to make some signings, not just to appease the fans but to settle the remaining players. Otherwise their first team players will start to look around and see the club not going anyway and wanting away themselves.
    They look like relegation fodder , especially if Ward-Prowse goes to Villa. Adam Armstrong and Adams I'm not sure are going to get Ings amount of goals. 
  • Options
    Varane has just been paraded at Old Trafford before KO. I know we were all waiting for Sandgaard to do the same last week and he let us down!
  • Options
    I don’t think we were ever in for Varane to be honest  ;)
    Well that proves we have no ambition, we desperately need another CB and it was clear all summer Varane was leaving Real. 
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

Lukaku to Chelsea as we know. Inter replace him with Dzeko from Roma. Roma have now agreed a €40m deal for Tammy Abraham.

Chelsea have an €80m buy back clause for him.
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

Lukaku to Chelsea as we know. Inter replace him with Dzeko from Roma. Roma have now agreed a €40m deal for Tammy Abraham.

So Chelsea get Lukaku for a net circa £54 Million. Who can Citeee sell for around £40 Million to help finance a proper move for Kane ?
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

So Chelsea get Lukaku for a net circa £54 Million. Who can Citeee sell for around £40 Million to help finance a proper move for Kane ?
    You would imagine at least one attacking midfielder will go. They've got De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Silva, Mahrez and Torres. I think either Silva or Mahrez will go. They are going to need a central midfielder at some point too. 
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

You would imagine at least one attacking midfielder will go. They've got De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Silva, Mahrez and Torres. I think either Silva or Mahrez will go. They are going to need a central midfielder at some point too. 
    agreed + possibly Sterling, provided a club/can be persuaded to match the big wages I suspect Citeee pay all their players
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

After all their outgoings, Chelsea will have spent very little net. Tomori went to AC Milan for 25m, Abraham going for 34m, Batshuayi is going to Besiktas, Ugbo to Genk, Victor Moses went to Spartak.

For City from what i've read Bernardo is likely to leave and Laporte is also apparently unhappy at his lack of playing time. You'd expect they could get at least 40m for each depending on what clubs are interested.
    If they did then with their other departures they will have made 140m in sales this summer and depending on Kane's price, spent between 220-250m. 

People always look at the outgoings and say they've spent fortunes but the way both clubs are set up these days with strong academies making them millions, they're easily within FFP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Ethan Galbraith joins Donny on loan from Man Utd. He was linked with Championship clubs a month ago. 
    It was a name I heard linked to us earlier in the window, it's on the rumours thread somewhere. 
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

After all their outgoings, Chelsea will have spent very little net. Tomori went to AC Milan for 25m, Abraham going for 34m, Batshuayi is going to Besiktas, Ugbo to Genk, Victor Moses went to Spartak.

For City from what i've read Bernardo is likely to leave and Laporte is also apparently unhappy at his lack of playing time. You'd expect they could get at least 40m for each depending on what clubs are interested.
    If they did then with their other departures they will have made 140m in sales this summer and depending on Kane's price, spent between 220-250m. 

People always look at the outgoings and say they've spent fortunes but the way both clubs are set up these days with strong academies making them millions, they're easily within FFP.
    I read a while ago, and excuse the repetition,  that Chelsea make millions a year by  'leasing out' players for a nice profit, acting almost as an employment agency, like: .. 'sign up with us and we'll find you nice well paid gigs where you learn as you play' .. and being a 'glamorous club' with an extensive scouting network, Chelsea can hoover up a lot of talented youngsters. 
  • Options
    Striker merry-go-round.

I read a while ago, and excuse the repetition,  that Chelsea make millions a year by  'leasing out' players for a nice profit, acting almost as an employment agency, like: .. 'sign up with us and we'll find you nice well paid gigs where you learn as you play' .. and being a 'glamorous club' with an extensive scouting network, Chelsea can hoover up a lot of talented youngsters. 
    They are being very smart about sales now too as most are going with a buyback clause - Guehi to Palace, Livramento to Southampton & now Abraham at Roma definitely have.

Avoids another Salah/De Bruyne situation.
  • Options
    Weekly transfer round up here: https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/08/16/league-one-transfer-round-up-9th-15th-august/

Morecambe are now up to 17 new faces with two more free transfers coming in this week, Ipswich not that far behind on 15. 
  • Options
    Tom Carroll is the latest player linked with Ipswich.

They really are trying to get 22 first team players.

A shame he was one I was hoping we would go after. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Maybe we are, and if he’ll be a more important player for us than Ipswich we may have a chance.
  • Options
    Still think we should go for Norwood and Nolan, they didn't even make Ipswich's bench on Saturday
  • Options
    Tom Carroll has signed for Ipswich.
  • Options
    Tom Carroll has signed for Ipswich.
    This is getting silly now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good player and on his day head and shoulders above this level but not one you would want to go anywhere near given recent injury record.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    How will he keep all these players happy? 

If they don’t go up, how many players will stay? Big wage bill.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    _nam11 said:

Where with us we will have a contented, lowish paid squad and still in League 1 come next season. 

Think I'd rather speculate to accumulate than just carry on with a worse squad than we had last season. 
  • Options
    Or, we could have a contented squad, lowish paid squad, pushing for top six (if we get the right personnel in over the next two weeks)

Whilst the big spenders, struggle to keep morale high, and underachieve, and we finish above them.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Cook had better have his Ipswich team in the top three at Christmas, else I can see him getting his P45 very sharpish
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Richard J said:

Maybe we are, and if he’ll be a more important player for us than Ipswich we may have a chance.
    Signed a 1 year deal, suggests he’s there to prove himself and fight for his place.

He’s also 29 so likely another reason he hasn’t got a long deal.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Don't know much about the players Ipswich have signed but assuming they did blow through L1 are they going to have 22 overly paid L1 players half of whom they will need to replace in the Championship anyway to have any chance of going up from there - meaning they end up loaning half of them out at a fraction of the wages or simply running a 30-35 man squad.
  • Options
    edited August 2021