Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58141002

Newcastle have agreed a fee with Arsenal in excess of £20m to sign midfielder Joe Willock
    he did well there last season .. one of the few non first teamers (at a so called big club) who really justify a big fee
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Of course they do :D better to win 5-4 than 1-0 right
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MattF said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Of course they do :D better to win 5-4 than 1-0 right
    Michael Jacobs from Pompey to follow too . It's getting a bit stupid with their squad 
    All joking aside,if they gel as they should then the league should be theirs for the taking.
  • Options
    So how many wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers do Ipswich now have? Can see some unhappy players there simply due to the depth of their squad. Some moves won’t work out just through players not getting game time to build up any consistency.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    "CEO Mark Ashton said: "Kyle is a player that we have pursued all summer and we have beaten a number of Championship clubs to his signature"

Not sure how true it is as he could just be saying that to make them look better but if it is then it shows the kind of wages they're paying. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So how many wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers do Ipswich now have? Can see some unhappy players there simply due to the depth of their squad. Some moves won’t work out just through players not getting game time to build up any consistency.
    Piggott, Bonne, Chaplin, Aluko, Barry, Burns and now Edwards all signed this summer, and Fraser played left wing at the weekend I think so you could say 8 players signed in those front 4 positions.

Then they've still got Norwood, Dobra, Jackson from last season, but not sure I'd expect many games this season if I was them!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    Piggott, Bonne, Chaplin, Aluko, Barry, Burns and now Edwards all signed this summer, and Fraser played left wing at the weekend I think so you could say 8 players signed in those front 4 positions.

Then they've still got Norwood, Dobra, Jackson from last season, but not sure I'd expect many games this season if I was them!
    It's a long season so having 2 players for every position is perfect. They have plenty of options to cover injuries and squad rotation across 50+ games.

Their owners are clearly going all in on getting out of league one at the first attempt.

Doubt they'd get rid of him to a (we hope) promotion rival, but i'd be happy to take Norwood on loan if he thinks he isn't going to play much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

they are in danger of emulating Man Citeeee albeit (of course) with inferior players .. so many to choose from in fact that the manager is so confused.com that he is never sure what is his best line up .. I say the more confusion to our 'enemies', the better
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It's a long season so having 2 players for every position is perfect. They have plenty of options to cover injuries and squad rotation across 50+ games.

Their owners are clearly going all in on getting out of league one at the first attempt.

Doubt they'd get rid of him to a (we hope) promotion rival, but i'd be happy to take Norwood on loan if he thinks he isn't going to play much.
    Indeed, might be overkill a bit to have 11 or so players for those positions but I'd rather have that many and be willing to get rid of 2 or 3 than have about 5 or 6 for the same positions.
  • Options
    Exactly. They can call on Barry, Aluko, Edwards and Norwood as reserves. We've got Davison, Clayden and Ghandour.
  • Options
    Wow. Ipswich are really going for it
  • Options
    Mental signing for them, can’t believe he’s not in the Championship. 

Massive failure if they don’t finish top 2
  • Options
    Well they've now signed Edwards, Burns and Aluko in addition to Nolan and Fraser played down the wing saturday. I'd definitely be interested in Jacobs or Nolan. 
  • Options

• Options
    You think PNE would try to shore up their defence after conceeding 4 on Saturday.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    You think PNE would try to shore up their defence after conceeding 4 on Saturday.
    Maybe they are trying to score 5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ipswich have signed Hayden Coulson on loan
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Ipswich have signed Hayden Coulson on loan
    I think we should have set up a separate Ipswich thread  :wink:

2 on Friday, 2 more today. Coulson is a left back
  • Options
    Joe Morrell joins Pompey. 
  • Options
    Paul cook is like a kid in a sweet shop!
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Wasn't he linked with us a few weeks back ?  One of the "famous five" that were supposed to be signing according to a certain poster, along with Piggott
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    That can't be right, I thought Ipswich had the right to buy every player available...

Morrell is someone who's had a much better international career than club career
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Paul cook is like a kid in a sweet shop!
    Fair play to him, he's gone from one extreme to the other after the shambles at Wigan
  • Options
    @killerandflash, replying to you post about Blackburn on here as didnt want to derail the other

Looks like they're signing Michael Obafemi from Southampton (not part of the same deal as the Armstrong one) as his replacement.

When you said about their bench full of kids, I'd be interested to see if there are any stats put together. Wont be surprised if this is the season where we'll see more youngsters coming through into first teams across the Divisions because sides are using this as a recovery season from COVID.
  • Options
    @killerandflash, replying to you post about Blackburn on here as didnt want to derail the other

Looks like they're signing Michael Obafemi from Southampton (not part of the same deal as the Armstrong one) as his replacement.

When you said about their bench full of kids, I'd be interested to see if there are any stats put together. Wont be surprised if this is the season where we'll see more youngsters coming through into first teams across the Divisions because sides are using this as a recovery season from COVID.
    Blackburn do look a pretty extreme example though, and it would seem that the supporters are voting with their feet
  • Options

Also as has been mentioned on here, Brexit has changed things.

Championship clubs could previously look to lesser leagues like (for example) Norway, Sweden etc for players but now unless those players meet certain criteria it's a no go. So what do the championship clubs do instead.........look into the domestic lower leagues.