Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    @killerandflash, replying to you post about Blackburn on here as didnt want to derail the other

Looks like they're signing Michael Obafemi from Southampton (not part of the same deal as the Armstrong one) as his replacement.

When you said about their bench full of kids, I'd be interested to see if there are any stats put together. Wont be surprised if this is the season where we'll see more youngsters coming through into first teams across the Divisions because sides are using this as a recovery season from COVID.
    Also as has been mentioned on here, Brexit has changed things.

Championship clubs could previously look to lesser leagues like (for example) Norway, Sweden etc for players but now unless those players meet certain criteria it's a no go. So what do the championship clubs do instead.........look into the domestic lower leagues.
    This is one of the biggest points. You now can't do what Brentford did so successfully and go and find these undervalued players around Europe , someone like an Mbuemo they just wouldn't get a work permit for now. 

So players we probably have had an eye on for a while now have Championship interest and that's always going to be hard to fight off for wages. 
  • Options
    Yeah, slow transfer window.... difficult to get players in....loans will only come later in the month....
  • Options
    pompey signed louis thompson, great deal that
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Joe Morrell joins Pompey. 
    They've also signed Louis Thompson (ex Norwich) though a one year deal only so probably just a squad player

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/thompson-signs-for-pompey/
  • Options
    Few years ago he looked a really handy prospect. However, struggled to get in MK Dons team last year and ended up covering at right back.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday have signed forward Sylla Sow
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Be curious to know how - Certainly based on the Brexit comments on this thread today.

Not at a dig, as agree with Marcus and Chris have said about it today on here

More the fact that he's Dutch, was out of contract after playing for a team that barely escaped relegation in the Eredivisie, whilst has never played Internationally - Based on the points system that'll be in place for bringing in International players, I dont see how he'd qualify?

Either way his scoring record isnt anything special, not when you consider the likes of Polish Pete did well in the Eerste Divisie yet struggled in the Championship - Whilst this fella didnt even set the world alight at that level
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Be curious to know how - Certainly based on the Brexit comments on this thread today.

More the fact that he's Dutch, was out of contract after playing for a team that barely escaped relegation in the Eredivisie, whilst has never played Internationally - Based on the points system that'll be in place for bringing in International players, I dont see how he'd qualify?

Either way his scoring record isnt anything special, not when you consider the likes of Polish Pete did well in the Eerste Divisie yet struggled in the Championship - Whilst this fella didnt even set the world alight at that level
    Looking at it I'm surprised he qualifies , not someone like a Ronnie that had been playing for a side in Europe. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MattF said:

Looking at it I'm surprised he qualifies , not someone like a Ronnie that had been playing for a side in Europe. 
    Must be based on his League appearances

From what I can find (via. the Guardian) it looks like playing in a Band 1 league (Germany, Spain, Italy, France top tier) will earn you 12-pts on your visa application for playing in just one game, whilst a band 4 competition (Greek Super League) will get you six points per game...

Imagine you get eight or ten points p/g in the Dutch League meaning that from his appearances last season he'll have earnt around 224-280-pts - Unfortunately there is nothing that says what the minimum number of points is required, although there probably isnt one and they just make it up as they go along... "Ooo thats a big looking number, yeah your fine"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Where as we can’t even sign Silly Sod. 
  • Options
    I'm sure there's a joke involving Wednesday, Sow and Piggy...
  • Options
    Few years ago he looked a really handy prospect. However, struggled to get in MK Dons team last year and ended up covering at right back.
    He’s really struggled with injuries. Cowley said no doubting his ability his trial was all about whether his body could handle it
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    He’s really struggled with injuries. Cowley said no doubting his ability his trial was all about whether his body could handle it
    and he has signed on a pay as you play deal, so Pompey have nothing to lose if he's not fit.
  • Options

Transfer update for last week, Sheff Wed bring in five as Rotherham pick up the pace with three. We're close to the bottom of the net squad size table now. Sunderland seem to be in real trouble at the moment, the Denver Hume saga is getting embarassing. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/08/10/league-one-transfer-round-up-2nd-8th-august/
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    @killerandflash, replying to you post about Blackburn on here as didnt want to derail the other

Looks like they're signing Michael Obafemi from Southampton (not part of the same deal as the Armstrong one) as his replacement.

When you said about their bench full of kids, I'd be interested to see if there are any stats put together. Wont be surprised if this is the season where we'll see more youngsters coming through into first teams across the Divisions because sides are using this as a recovery season from COVID.
    Also as has been mentioned on here, Brexit has changed things.

Championship clubs could previously look to lesser leagues like (for example) Norway, Sweden etc for players but now unless those players meet certain criteria it's a no go. So what do the championship clubs do instead.........look into the domestic lower leagues.
    This is one of the biggest points. You now can't do what Brentford did so successfully and go and find these undervalued players around Europe , someone like an Mbuemo they just wouldn't get a work permit for now. 

So players we probably have had an eye on for a while now have Championship interest and that's always going to be hard to fight off for wages. 
    This could explain a rumour I heard after the Dartford or Welling game can't remember.
    We are signing a forward but due to brexit and permits its becoming difficult is what I was told. I may read it as we're trying to sign a foreign player doh.

• Options
    Doris Stokes predicted that one and she's dead!
  • Options

Transfer update for last week, Sheff Wed bring in five as Rotherham pick up the pace with three. We're close to the bottom of the net squad size table now. Sunderland seem to be in real trouble at the moment, the Denver Hume saga is getting embarassing. 

https://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/08/10/league-one-transfer-round-up-2nd-8th-august/
    What’s the explanation for Ipswich given they’ve made so many signings? Did their released number include u23s with the odd first team appearance?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What’s the explanation for Ipswich given they’ve made so many signings? Did their released number include u23s with the odd first team appearance?
    My criteria for u23 players released was that they had played at least 15 league games for the club. Ipswich had a fair few of these players such as Ndyam. However youngsters released with fewer than 15 games I do not include in the net list as an outgoing player. The club also released 5/6 long term players such as Skuse and Chambers. Finally it's also worth remembering that Ipswich also had a lot of loans expiring last summer (six). This all adds up, before the summer Cook said he wanted a proper clearout and he has delivered! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrel Thomas signs for Crewe. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Terrel Thomas signs for Crewe. 
    Wonder if thats to replace Hoban
  • Options
    Jonny Williams joins Swindon. 
  • Options
    Probably won't register much interest here but Feyenoord have sold their best player, top scorer and captain Steven Berghuis to arch rivals Ajax.

Fair to say it's a transfer that won't go down well in Rotterdam and i'd imagine it won't be a comfortable day for him when Ajax play at Feyenoord next season.

In Dutch terms it's the same as Figo going to Real from Barca, or if Liverpool sold their best player to Man United.
    Berghuis has had to file a complaint to police after receiving countless death threats since his transfer. 

I mean obviously it's not acceptable, but what was he really expecting moving between 2 clubs where the rivalry is so fierce that away fans have been banned from the other teams ground for over a decade.
  • Options
    Good signings for Leicester that, especially with Fofana injured. Southampton fans must be getting worried, losing their best defender, after losing their main goalscorer and replacing him with someone who's never done it in the PL
  • Options
    Southampton need to make some signings, not just to appease the fans but to settle the remaining players. Otherwise their first team players will start to look around and see the club not going anyway and wanting away themselves.
  • Options
    They've now sold Ings and Vestergaard and had some bids for Ward-Prowse. Could lose the spine of the team.