Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

City v Chelsea CL Final - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    The lack of protection in that city midfield is clear to see. Can see Rodri on at HT for Silva. 

Obviously I had Werner fgs the useless mug.
    FGS today Is tough - there’s so many you could have gone for (22 in fact!).  I’ve gone with Foden…who just missed his chance.
  • Options
    Also free on Virgin 
  • Options
    Great attack from Kyle Walker!! - Mahrez just wasnt expecting it
  • Options
    There’s been great moments from nearly every English player in this opening half hour. 
  • Options
    Chances at both ends
  • Options
    Been a good tempo to the first half, Chelsea been a lot more positive than I was expecting.

Great hearing a lively crowd again
    Been a decent game so far. Much better than most major finals tend to be. 
  • Options
    Been a good tempo to the first half, Chelsea been a lot more positive than I was expecting.

Great hearing a lively crowd again
    Been a decent game so far. Much better than most major finals tend to be. 
    Yup, it’s brilliant. Usually the first half in these type of games can be very cagey with two teams scared to concede. Great to see two sides continuously go for goal as soon as they’re in position. 
  • Options
    Really hope that Man City dont opt for Rhodri or Fernandinho at HT because of these Chelsea counter attacks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really hope that Man City dont opt for Rhodri or Fernandinho at HT because of these Chelsea counter attacks
    I think it’ll depend on what the HT score is
  • Options
    Christ Werner is a limited player
  • Options
    Looking forward to it, don’t get to watch many games, so nice to have this free on YouTube. 
    I can't find it on YouTube at all.
    I just typed in champions league and it was on BT Sport channel at the top 
    Not for me. It must be because I am outside the UK.
  • Options
    Such a simple ball. Do feel City defence have to do better 
  • Options
    Ffs
  • Options
    Great ball from Mount. Can’t say I want Chelsea to win but they’re decent value for the lead. 
  • Options
    Such a simple ball. Do feel City defence have to do better 
    Been opened up a few times all too easily

Hope we continue to see this open football rather than Chelsea sitting back
  • Options
    Is the match on the beeb or itv?
  • Options
    Is the match on the beeb or itv?
    YouTube
  • Options
    city centre halfs nowhere there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant believe how easily Zinchenko gives up... Could he get back on the line or try and block if he'd kept going? 
  • Options
    Pep’s team selection was a risk, it will be interesting what he does now, as 1-0 down you don’t normally want to bring on a holding player
  • Options
    Gotta say I think Sterling is really starting to look out of place in this side.

A lot of tidy footballers and putting him wide really slows down their quick interplay at times.

Foden wide and they’d look better
  • Options
    Yeah just discovered itv is showing the masked singer!
  • Options
    Chelsea deservedly in front.
    Should be more than one if Werner didnt finish like Soldado!
  • Options
    Pep’s team selection was a risk, it will be interesting what he does now, as 1-0 down you don’t normally want to bring on a holding player
    Sometimes the counterintuitive thing is the right thing to do. Man City need to get control of the game before they can start thinking about a come back. I don’t think they’ll do that if the remain this open in midfield. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I remember we did it once, years ago under Pardew of all people. I think we were 2-0 down to Sheff W. He brought Semedo on at half time but it totally changed the game, we got on top and managed to win 3-2. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Chelsea press really well. City keep getting caught on the counter. If Werner was half decent Chelsea would be well ahead.
  • Options
    good game .. City look very slow and vulnerable in central defence. Chelsea could/should be 2 up .. Chelsea
     are also defending well .. Aguero to come on in the 85th and score the equaliser ?

• Options
    De Bruyne unusually quiet?