Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    PWR - we need a whole new team if we want to go up automatics next season. 80% aren’t  good enough.
    We missed the play offs on goal difference despite being managed by someone who had, as you said "lost the plot" for 4 months.

How does that equate to 80% not being good enough and needing a whole team? 

Hand on heart the only team I have seen with "better players" than us, as a whole team, were probably Peterborough and they had been playing like that for a whole season, in a squad designed to play like that.

Hull certainly aren't a team that are all better than our players.  A few yes, 80% no where near. 
    This league is absolutely pony, if you don’t think we need a total clear out, you will be in for a rude awakening next season. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Weren't we trying to sign a Plymouth winger earlier on in the season? Maybe we'll go back in for him.

I'd like to see:

Amos, NEW
    Matthews, NEW
    Inniss, NEW
    NEW, Pearce
    NEW, Purrington
    Jaiyesimi, NEW
    Gilbey, NEW
    NEW, Pratley
    NEW, Morgan
    JFC, NEW
    NEW, NEW
    Washington, Schwartz
    Aneke, NEW

in an ideal world, so that's 13 signings, 5 of them good enough to be the first choice starters and the rest pushing established players for a first team spot. 

Yes it's a tall order and won't be easy, but if we're serious about smashing the league next year and having a solid base to work with for the season after, then we need to clear a lot of deadwood out
  • Options
    GK
    Amos and Brewer are good enough 
    RB
    Matthews and Gunter are good enough for league one 
    LB
    purrington and NEW 
    CB
    Inniss
    Pearce 
    2 NEW 

Wingers 
    DJ
    1New

Holding Mid 
    Watson 
    Morgan 

Mid 
    Gilbey
    JFC
    Henry
    Vennings 
    2 NEW 

Strikers 
    Washington 
    Ronnie S 
    2 NEW 

Makes 8 new signings .... plus perhaps 3 loans 
  • Options
    Pearce and Pratley have been good servants but they need to go. Both will be another year older and their best years are behind them.

it’s the same for Watson and Gunter but both are under contract. 

Osh, Purr and Shinnie can go as well.

I’d like us to try and re-sign Matthew’s and Amos.

of the loans - Stockley and Famewo would be good additions.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Famewo and Millar are no where near PL ready so we should be trying to get them back on loan.  If we can buy them perm even better as they both have plenty of potential to improve with us but that may be a long shot.  Get Stockley, renew Aneke.  Would be a good start.
    Millar is dogshit really, reckon there's many young wingers from the Prem that would be 10x more effective than he was
    Don't you think he would improve with more experience? 

I'd take him because he stretches defences and creates gaps for others. I think he's got great potential. 
  • Options
    I like a couple of the Wycombe players. Jacobson, the left back is a good player and in the Wiggins mould and also chips in with some goals.Also they have  Fred Oyedinma, ex Millwall winger is also an exciting player at this level. 
    The Accrington striker, Colby Bishop also looks like he might be worth a go.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I don’t think Aneke will pass a medical somewhere else.

He can’t keep what’s wrong “confidential” in those situations.
    Doesn't have to pass a medical if a club really wants him....they'll just get the deal done and take a risk. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    PWR - we need a whole new team if we want to go up automatics next season. 80% aren’t  good enough.
    We missed the play offs on goal difference despite being managed by someone who had, as you said "lost the plot" for 4 months.

Hand on heart the only team I have seen with "better players" than us, as a whole team, were probably Peterborough and they had been playing like that for a whole season, in a squad designed to play like that.

Hull certainly aren't a team that are all better than our players.  A few yes, 80% no where near. 
    This league is absolutely pony, if you don’t think we need a total clear out, you will be in for a rude awakening next season. 
    About 2 points a game, since the start of March suggests we aren't absolutely pony though.  Unless you now think we had no decent players and Bowyer performed a miracle to keep us that close?

Also what I think about it won't actually influence what happens, so no I won't be in for a rude awakening either way. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Hull were a difficult one today... We saw glimpses of why they're Champions but with the league sealed they werent playing at their full potential - The injuries can't have helped their momentum today as Elder going off almost changed their perspective on the game to one of, lets win and get a record, to, sod this
    I look at that Hull side over the season and I think "who would be a significant upgrade on what we have" and the answer I come up with is Wilkes, Honeyman and not a lot else. 
    Plus Lewis Keane-Potter and maybe Gavin Whyte. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Hull were a difficult one today... We saw glimpses of why they're Champions but with the league sealed they werent playing at their full potential - The injuries can't have helped their momentum today as Elder going off almost changed their perspective on the game to one of, lets win and get a record, to, sod this
    I look at that Hull side over the season and I think "who would be a significant upgrade on what we have" and the answer I come up with is Wilkes, Honeyman and not a lot else. 
    He didn’t play today, but Reece Burke would be a great signing. Think Adkins may have signed him for Hull. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

He didn’t play today, but Reece Burke would be a great signing. Think Adkins may have signed him for Hull. 
    Our of contract in the summer as well.  A Westham academy player who shone at Bradford, then struggled in a poor Bolton team, what's not to like. Is that you Josh ❤️
  • Options
    We have players currently out on loan, as well as the fabled pathway for young players to consider.
  • Options
    At the moment considering contract lengths it seems like our squad for the moment shapes up like this: 

GK: Maynard Brewer

RB: Gunter

CB: Innis, Barker

LB: Purrington

CM: Watson (if 1 year option is signed), Morgan, Gilbey, Henry

LM: 
    Jaiyesimi

RM: 

ST: Washington, Schwartz, Davison
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

About 2 points a game, since the start of March suggests we aren't absolutely pony though.  Unless you now think we had no decent players and Bowyer performed a miracle to keep us that close?

Also what I think about it won't actually influence what happens, so no I won't be in for a rude awakening either way. 
    Name me 5 FIRST TEAM players we should keep that will win us the league. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Keane Lewis-Potter. Think he's much much better than Lewis Keane-Potter! 
  • Options
    I’ve seen a couple of people say get rid of Purrington, which is mad. He’s not a world beater but he’s absolutely a L1 left back, and he’s proven he’s capable of being an important player in a promotion L1 side. We should definitely be trying to get someone better than him, but there’s no sense in getting rid of players just for the sake of it. We’ll struggle to find a better backup LB than him and he cost us, what, £75k? If we’ve got players in contract we should be keeping them and upgrading, ensuring there’s more money to be spent on the players we want rather than just replacing everyone and hammering our budget 
    Nice guy and should be treasured for Wembley but we need better than him, please.  
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Released list expected to be confirmed by the end of next week.
    Is Mr Adkins trying out his gangsta hand signals ?
    He's explaining to Quentin Tarantino the difference between the German and British 'Three beers, please'.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Name you five players that we currently own, that could be first choice in a title winning team?

Amos, Purrington, Matthews, Inniss, JFC.

Name 10 player that could be in a title winning squad?  Easy.

Name 15 players that could be in a title winning squad, a bit harder but I think they are there.

Name 5 players that would be the best 5 players in a title winning team.  No I can't.  But that's very different to 80% not being good enough.

If you added BFG, Cullen, Beilek, Aribo and Taylor (only 5 players) to this squad it would have won the league.  Easy. 
    Indeed, we're a team of squad men, sign a few stars and we'll have a strong season. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Name you five players that we currently own, that could be first choice in a title winning team?

Name 15 players that could be in a title winning squad, a bit harder but I think they are there.

Name 5 players that would be the best 5 players in a title winning team.  No I can't.  But that's very different to 80% not being good enough.

If you added BFG, Cullen, Beilek, Aribo and Taylor (only 5 players) to this squad it would have won the league.  Easy. 
    You have seen our defence this season right? Surely you don’t think 4 out of 5 of them are good enough to win you the league next year? 

You have two, Innis and JFC (who is out of contract next month)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Amos, Matthew's, Famwoe, Innis, millar, Stockley, DJ, Gilbey.

Oops sorry I got carried away and named 7 🤭
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Amos, Innis and Stockley are all god enough xi.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Famweo, millar, Stockley aren’t our players...

Amos hasn’t been consistently good enough this season to warrant being first choice next season  

DJ isn’t proven enough yet, granted he could be good but we don’t know if he can do it in a top team

Gilbey, maybe. Hasn’t played all season but looked good in the last few games. 

Matthews, squad player, not first team. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

You have seen our defence this season right? Surely you don’t think 4 out of 5 of them are good enough to win you the league next year? 

How many games have a back 5 of Amos, Matthews, Innis, xxx, Purrington actually lost out of interest?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Which with Bauer and the rest, it couldn't do before and nearly came to grieve with Doncaster. Yes of course. 
    You what? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

How many games have a back 5 of Amos, Matthews, Innis, xxx, Purrington actually lost out of interest?
    Amos Matthews and purrington have played regularly enough this season to make a educated opinion that they are not at the level needed to be in a team wanting to win the league. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Amos Matthews and purrington have played regularly enough this season to make a educated opinion that they are not at the level needed to be in a team wanting to win the league. 
    Like when?  Do you think Phillips, Dijksteel and Purrington would keep clean sheets with Oshilaja and Pratley at center half?

Or Hammer, Solly and Wiggins? Or are they not good enough to go up either?

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:

Played 4 and a half games together. Lost once, to Peterborough. Drew with Ipswich, beat Sunderland and Doncaster. Half game is against Lincoln where Purrington was subbed at 0-0.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Personally for me, only Inniss is good enough of those four to be playing consistently for a title winning team. Would be happy enough with Amos, Matthews and Purrington in the squad.

Going forward, only Stockley strikes me as being one of the “star” players we’d need. Sprinkle in 3-4 more Inniss/Stockley types, retain contracted players for continuity.
  • Options
    Hasn’t TS said he wants a star midfielder who people want to come and watch ? Those are few and far between at the best of times. If he means it and I didn’t dream it then it’s going to cost serious wedge. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!