Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Richard J said:
    cfgs said:
    OK

Here's an actual rumour.

Unreliable source says Shane Ferguson from the Toolbox.
    You aren't that unreliable.
    Thanks but I'm not the source
    I understand from a 'Millwall mate' that he was close to signing on deadline day (Cowley tweeted similar). When this didn't happen we went for Josh Morris at Fleetwood which also fell through 

Would he still be a target for Nigel? I would see him as a squad player but as a versatile left sider a useful one. 
    Age 29 so not past it but at peak ? with bags of experience at a higher level than league one. If we get players of that ilk in as squad players then I’ll be very happy. 
  • Interesting one with Millar, he clearly backs himself.

When asked if he wants to come back he made a point of mentioning wanting to test himself in the Championship. 
  • Scoham said:
    Released list expected to be confirmed by the end of next week.
    Is Mr Adkins trying out his gangsta hand signals ?
  • I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    Doubt that’s true. Adkins said they’re starting on Tuesday and has said for a while that they will wait until the end of the season for contract talks
    Why?
    Because its far easier to know who you want to keep, when you know what league youl be in !
  • I suspect the "retained list" will be a bit longer than some think.

But I do wonder when the squad cap will get sorted out. I thought it had already gone, but it hasn't.  That's going to influence things. 
  • <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">🚨 Luton Town have agreed to set midfielder Joe Morrell onto the Hatters transfer list this summer, with Charlton Athletic, Portsmouth &amp; Ipswich Town all preparing offers. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LTFC?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#LTFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CAFC?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#CAFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PFC?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#PFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ITFC?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#ITFC</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EFL_HUB?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#EFL_HUB</a> <a href="https://t.co/KnVIQyfjYX">pic.twitter.com/KnVIQyfjYX</a></p>&mdash; EFL HUB ⚜️ (@efl_hub) <a href="">May 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • I’ve been told that aneke didn’t turn up for contract talks as he thinks he can get a championship gig.
    That sounds like tosh to me. He has serious fitness problems in this division so how could he think he could last 90 minutes in The Championship?. 
    His agent in his ear telling him that he can
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched almost every match this season and was incredibly impressed by Accrington on both occasions. Would be disappointed if we don’t sign 1/2 of there players. Can imagine clubs will be lining up to sign there players as they have been fantastic this season. 
  • My wishlist.  Sign Chuks, Purrington, Amos from current squad.  Bring back famewo on loan. Use the transfer budget to bring in Ryan wintle from Crewe (relatively affordable) for doing the dirty work in midfield, stockley ( a little more expensive) and Jorge Grant (big money signing). Use premier league loans for a winger and depth at striker.   Find some league one frees who are decent for right back and depth at center half.
  • Owner with money and ambition  ✅
    Recruitment team in plaice ✅
    Respected and liked manager ✅
    Transfer rumours thread ✅
    Sneaky fish pun ✅

The amount of people who were preparing to dive in with a fishy comment before you ticked it off
  • edited May 2021
    My wishlist.  Sign Chuks, Purrington, Amos from current squad.  Bring back famewo on loan. Use the transfer budget to bring in Ryan wintle from Crewe (relatively affordable) for doing the dirty work in midfield, stockley ( a little more expensive) and Jorge Grant (big money signing). Use premier league loans for a winger and depth at striker.   Find some league one frees who are decent for right back and depth at center half.
    How about Adam Matthews, I hear he is on a free.... 
  • I’d certainly go after Tom Naylor from Portsmouth. 
    That sounds like tosh to me. He has serious fitness problems in this division so how could he think he could last 90 minutes in The Championship?. 
    His agent in his ear telling him that he can
    What was Chuks fitness record like at MK? Was it like here or was he fitter?
  • How I think we'll go into the new season:

GK: Amos | Maynard-Brewer
    RB: Matthews | Gunter
    CB: Inniss | Pearce | Centre-Back | Centre-Back
    LB: Purrington | Left-Back
    W: Jaiyesimi | Left-Wing | Right-Wing | Right-Wing
    Mid: Forster-Caskey | Morgan | Gilbey | Watson | Pratley | CM | CM | CM
    Strikers: Stockley | Washington | Schwartz | Forward

Dont think we'll have the massive squad overhaul that people are hoping for.

Nor do we overly need to... If Bowyer was the issue, then Adkins has shown that this squad got extremely close to the Play-Offs minimum even after a dreadful run of form for a large part of the season

Need to get a handful of players in that can avoid that happening, meaning (as Cafc43v3r has said a few times) that the likes of Pearce, Pratley, Watson are there as squad players, rather than key players.

The view that we should solely focus on the first eleven (e.g. "Forster-Caskey isnt good enough if we want promotion") and sod everyone else verges on Roland ideology
    Interesting. Why do you think we won't re-sign Famewo - Adkins don't fancy him or Norwich want him to have a Championship loan?

And you don't really think we will resign both Pratley and Watson, do you?. One I could maybe live with but I'd prefer neither!
  • The same account that said that we look to be challenged by Bristol Rovers for Stockley ;)
    Bristol Rovers were in for Stockley.
  • Sponsored links:

• How I think we'll go into the new season:

Nor do we overly need to... If Bowyer was the issue, then Adkins has shown that this squad got extremely close to the Play-Offs minimum even after a dreadful run of form for a large part of the season

Need to get a handful of players in that can avoid that happening, meaning (as Cafc43v3r has said a few times) that the likes of Pearce, Pratley, Watson are there as squad players, rather than key players.

The view that we should solely focus on the first eleven (e.g. "Forster-Caskey isnt good enough if we want promotion") and sod everyone else verges on Roland ideology
    That’s over 10 signings, it is a massive rebuild.

I agree though, I think a few will be disappointed that we’ll keep some of this group as squad players. We might see the odd player like Pratley go, we shouldn’t need both him and Watson.

What I expect we’ll be aiming to do is improve our starting 11. Our squad will improve with some players moving further down the pecking order. No point replacing too many squad players with others of similar quality unless there’s a good reason to.
  • PopIcon said:
    The same account that said that we look to be challenged by Bristol Rovers for Stockley ;)
    In January yeah. That twitter account said it was between us and Bristol Rovers this summer. I’d hope we could beat competition from a League 2 club!
  • Scoham said:
    How I think we'll go into the new season:

That’s over 10 signings, it is a massive rebuild.

I agree though, I think a few will be disappointed that we’ll keep some of this group as squad players. We might see the odd player like Pratley go, we shouldn’t need both him and Watson.

What I expect we’ll be aiming to do is improve our starting 11. Our squad will improve with some players moving further down the pecking order. No point replacing too many squad players with others of similar quality unless there’s a good reason to.
    Yeah ten signings is still a massive amount, but a lot of our "who would we keep" teams have included about five / six players meaning that we'd need a squad build of close to twenty players

Thats not happening.
    How I think we'll go into the new season:

Interesting. Why do you think we won't re-sign Famewo - Adkins don't fancy him or Norwich want him to have a Championship loan?

And you don't really think we will resign both Pratley and Watson, do you?. One I could maybe live with but I'd prefer neither!
    I'd certainly bring back Famewo if we could, but with Norwich moving up to the Premier League I'd be concerned for my development if I was Akin and got loaned back to League One.

Pratley v Watson is one I wont be surprised if I'm wrong over

If we're keeping one it'll be Watson (unless he feels himself he struggled at this level and were to choose retirement), he's under contract for one as he'll have triggered his extension.
  • PopIcon said:
    The same account that said that we look to be challenged by Bristol Rovers for Stockley ;)
    Yeah they were... In January

That twitter account said that they'd be back in for him this summer and would challenge us to sign him on a permanent basis. They didnt get him as a League One club, they certainly wont from League Two
  • Which Matt Smith do we want next year?
    None of them.
  • I'm not against keeping both Watson and Pratley around on the basis it be could benificial for the younger players coming through not both as squad members. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!