Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Good point.

So, any signings today those ITK? Or anything close maybe later this week?
    I think it was mentioned that two more are close on this thread. 
  • Think the LB & RCB will be filled up with loan slots 
    Unless we convince the Gillingham lad to join seems he still holding out for that “ championship move “…. He can play left back and CB 
  • Talal said:
    Swisdom said:
    We have a goalscoring machine in the academy currently.  I’m not sure of his age but Daniel Kanu scored against Chatham in the friendly last night and looks a handful.  He is the record goal scorer for Dartford district for the last 10 years.  
    Number 2 on the list scored 28 goals but our boy Kanu notched a cool 67

annoyingly there were no team sheets or announcements so there were a few unfamiliar faces.  Decent match though even if the floodlights were as powerful as a flatulent flea 
    Relation of Nwankwo? 
    If so he could be aged anywhere between 17 and 47
    Yeah that was kinda the joke 😅
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Swisdom said:
    We have a goalscoring machine in the academy currently.  I’m not sure of his age but Daniel Kanu scored against Chatham in the friendly last night and looks a handful.  He is the record goal scorer for Dartford district for the last 10 years.  
    Number 2 on the list scored 28 goals but our boy Kanu notched a cool 67

annoyingly there were no team sheets or announcements so there were a few unfamiliar faces.  Decent match though even if the floodlights were as powerful as a flatulent flea 
    Relation of Nwankwo? 
    If so he could be aged anywhere between 17 and 47
    Yeah that was kinda the joke 😅
    I just wanted to finish it off for you. 
  • Apologies if this has already been put to bed but can anyone confirm or not whether Karl Edwards is training with us or was this just an unsubstantiated rumour ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's next to piss off Driesen and his silly hair
  • Think the LB & RCB will be filled up with loan slots 
    Yeah, perhaps ...... but usually parent clubs expect their loans to start, not as fringe squad players.

• Oggy Red said:
    Think the LB & RCB will be filled up with loan slots 
    Yeah, perhaps ...... but usually parent clubs expect their loans to start, not as fringe squad players.

I can't see a RCB coming on loan to be a cover/rotation with Inniss.  But that's assuming we will play 2.  If we are going to play 3 it's more likely. 
  • The problem with 433s and 4231s is that unless you have goals from central midfield, you can end up heavily reliant on the number 9 to score your goals unless the wingers are goal scorers as well (the Raheem Sterling types as opposed to the hug the touchline types)

Looking at Posh last season, Clarke-Harris got 33, but they also had scoring midfielder and wingers too - Szmodics with 15, Dembele with 13

For Hull, Wilks got 22, Magennis 19, Lewis-Potter 15

At the moment, we seem short of goals  up top, especially with the enigma of Ronnie who seems best suited to a 442 anyway
    I make you right... what we are missing is our Wilks or Szmodics. At the moment I only see Jayden scoring, maybe DJ. We need more goals!
  • Referring to the 2011/12 season, which I know has been done to death (sorry), but I saw our list of top scorers went: 22, 13, 12, 8, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2. 

If things go really well and Stockley gets 20~, who else would step up and get the following sorts of numbers? I think it shows we need a very decent backup striker, goalscoring winger and offensive-minded midfielder to have the potential to get those sorts of numbers... but would be interested to know what others think. 

• Apologies if this has already been put to bed but can anyone confirm or not whether Karl Edwards is training with us or was this just an unsubstantiated rumour ? 
    Yep sounds like he is ..
  • shine166 said:
    The problem with 433s and 4231s is that unless you have goals from central midfield, you can end up heavily reliant on the number 9 to score your goals unless the wingers are goal scorers as well (the Raheem Sterling types as opposed to the hug the touchline types)

Looking at Posh last season, Clarke-Harris got 33, but they also had scoring midfielder and wingers too - Szmodics with 15, Dembele with 13

At the moment, we seem short of goals  up top, especially with the enigma of Ronnie who seems best suited to a 442 anyway
    DJ will get double figures this season as will Stockley and Washington
    40 goals from those 3 should be the conservative target.
    40 goals between the 3 won't be enough

The Posh 3 got 61 between them, the Hull 3, 56
  • The season hasnt started but apparently we already havent scored enough goals...
    It’s obvious we need more attacking options, even if that just means competition for the likes of DJ and Gilbey who go on to score 10+ each.
  • Referring to the 2011/12 season, which I know has been done to death (sorry), but I saw our list of top scorers went: 22, 13, 12, 8, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2. 

If things go really well and Stockley gets 20~, who else would step up and get the following sorts of numbers? I think it shows we need a very decent backup striker, goalscoring winger and offensive-minded midfielder to have the potential to get those sorts of numbers... but would be interested to know what others think. 

Interesting challenge. Stockley at 22 sounds a stretch to me, but then, in order, Washington, DJ, Gilbey, Inniss, Clare, Morgan, Schwartz, Davison fills it up down to 3 reasonably, I think, assuming 4-3-3. Definitely need another ACM and winger, though. 
  • Sponsored links:

Id say Stockley could well score 20 plus, after that you'd hope Washington would score at least 10, Gilbey i'd hope would score half a dozen at least, DJ could pop up with a few definitely. Add to that +2 winger, +1 CAM and potentially +1 striker you'd think we'd be alright.
  • edited July 2021
    shine166 said:
    The problem with 433s and 4231s is that unless you have goals from central midfield, you can end up heavily reliant on the number 9 to score your goals unless the wingers are goal scorers as well (the Raheem Sterling types as opposed to the hug the touchline types)

DJ will get double figures this season as will Stockley and Washington
    40 goals from those 3 should be the conservative target.
    40 goals between the 3 won't be enough

The Posh 3 got 61 between them, the Hull 3, 56
    Yeah hense the Conservative part, ideally it's 50+. Despite our apparent lack of goals last season, only 3 teams scored more than us.

If we can pick up another midfielder that can chip in with 10, we are only 10 short of what we achieved last season (70 goals). Keep Innis fit and that's another 5 from corners. 
  • Not ITK but I feel confident we will get Maatsen back. He didn't play well enough throughout the season to get a Champ loan, and would be ideal for us to give us extra cover in both the LB and winger slots.
  • Not ITK but I feel confident we will get Maatsen back. He didn't play well enough throughout the season to get a Champ loan, and would be ideal for us to give us extra cover in both the LB and winger slots.
    I really like him, his only real bad spell came when everyone had a bad spell. Really like his workrate 
    Rumour mentioned by @orpingtonRED a few pages back....
  • A suggestion here that Maatsen is currently having to isolate

• edited July 2021
    Apologies if this has already been put to bed but can anyone confirm or not whether Karl Edwards is training with us or was this just an unsubstantiated rumour ? 
    It started as Twitter noise yesterday morning but later in the day @VFR4life says he’s been training with us. Also mentioned that Madger Gomes was at Sparrows Lane too.
  • Maybe the idea is to get as close to 30 games out of Inniss as possible & split the remaining games between Gunter and Elerewe.

Barker could fill in right back duties alongside Gunter-Famewo if Inniss & Matthews were out at the same time.
    Barker doesn’t seem to have progressed like we thought he would, and Gunter is ok only as a last resort. Elerewe might do the job based on what we’ve seen in friendlies, but he’s unproven in L1. What would happen if he had a shaky first couple of games? 
    I think we have to assume that Inniss may be missing for long periods. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!