Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Latest insight from our old friend Tommy D.

Why are people feeding him. 
    Whoever Kyle is...hang your head in shame.
    Any truth in a rumour of a new forward from abroad, 
    What rumour is that?
  • Valley11 said:
    Agree that using Deji as 4th choice centre back is risky. Maybe he’s good enough. Maybe he’s had the same pre season purple patch that Barker had this time last year. The point is, he shouldn’t be under the pressure of 30 games as a starter if Innis gets crocked.
    All this talk of seeing if there’s any money left in the budget for a defender is foolish. We neglected the CB strength last season and paid for it. 
    100% agree but Deji isn't the only center back below the first team.  If we play 3 at the back, as Adkins did once, you could probably carry him or another likley lad.

Dobson can play center half, so can Gunter although I seriously wouldn't want either in a 2 nor 2 of them in a 3.  

I still think we will sign another rcb and I think it will be more than a back up in terms of quality. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:
    Agree that using Deji as 4th choice centre back is risky. Maybe he’s good enough. Maybe he’s had the same pre season purple patch that Barker had this time last year. The point is, he shouldn’t be under the pressure of 30 games as a starter if Innis gets crocked.
    All this talk of seeing if there’s any money left in the budget for a defender is foolish. We neglected the CB strength last season and paid for it. 
    100% agree but Deji isn't the only center back below the first team.  If we play 3 at the back, as Adkins did once, you could probably carry him or another likley lad.

Dobson can play center half, so can Gunter although I seriously wouldn't want either in a 2 nor 2 of them in a 3.  

I still think we will sign another rcb and I think it will be more than a back up in terms of quality. 

Well we already have the best 2 CBs in the league :)  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Valley11 said:

Well we already have the best 2 CBs in the league :)  
    We do but they didn't manage a full season between them. 
  • 458 new posts, excellent 

But these ones have substance!!!
  • Plymouth have turned down an other from fellow league one side Charlton Athletic for young striker Luke Jephcott fee believed to be 600,000 . Jephcott recently signed a new deal with the club

Was sent this by my nephew who lives near Plymouth it is a week old now …. 
    If we get Jephcott, that would be an unbelievable signing. I’ve got like another 3 pages to catch up on so if people have commented that I haven’t catched up on then apologise in advance… but seeing this put a massive smile on my face 😄😂
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

What rumour is that?
    Told by someone that we have signed a new player just waiting for EU permits and all that bollox. 
    I asked who and was only told a forward. So thought I'd ask here if any rumour rather than read though so much
  • Sponsored links:

• Plymouth have turned down an other from fellow league one side Charlton Athletic for young striker Luke Jephcott fee believed to be 600,000 . Jephcott recently signed a new deal with the club

Was sent this by my nephew who lives near Plymouth it is a week old now …. 
    If we get Jephcott, that would be an unbelievable signing. I’ve got like another 3 pages to catch up on so if people have commented that I haven’t catched up on then apologise in advance… but seeing this put a massive smile on my face 😄😂
    Narator "it was all bollocks" 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

What rumour is that?
    Told by someone that we have signed a new player just waiting for EU permits and all that bollox. 
    I asked who and was only told a forward. So thought I'd ask here if any rumour rather than read though so much
    Where’s @Dazzler21

Has your source got good links Orpington? 

• edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

What rumour is that?
    Surely it’s got nothing to do with the EU. As long as a player satisfies the UKs immigration requirements that’s it. We told the EU to do one, remember?
  • mart77 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

What rumour is that?
    Where’s @Dazzler21

Has your source got good links Orpington? 

Listed.
  • So what was the ‘Clare to enjoy another new signing’ tweet all about then? It’s getting a bit late to announce another today isn’t it?
  • Ha ha you brought a rumour to the table that hadn't previously been mentioned in this thread.

Can remove if you like.
  • We need that playmaker now. Without that we’ll still struggle to score enough goals.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    So what was the ‘Clare to enjoy another new signing’ tweet all about then? It’s getting a bit late to announce another today isn’t it?
    Pretty sure it was "clare for another signing"? Yes please. Ok, here's Sean Clare. Not another one in addition. 
    Oh, right, didn’t think that worked personally. So I’m good to go to bed now then?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Ha ha you brought a rumour to the table that hadn't previously been mentioned in this thread.

Can remove if you like.
    I've been a busy busy bee, you cant be putting me on a list for asking any truth in a rumour. 
  • So what was the ‘Clare to enjoy another new signing’ tweet all about then? It’s getting a bit late to announce another today isn’t it?
    Pretty sure it was "clare for another signing"? Yes please. Ok, here's Sean Clare. Not another one in addition. 
    Oh, right, didn’t think that worked personally. So I’m good to go to bed now then?
    Yes son off you trot (ps - if we do sign anyone one don't blame me please)
  • edited July 2021
  • edited July 2021
    VFR4life said:
    Yeah have a pal in and around first team/23s
    Mon dieu... Finally, a real ITKer!! Give the man a promote

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but do you know if the club are re-signing Johnny Williams?
  • Chunes said:
    VFR4life said:
    Yeah have a pal in and around first team/23s
    Mon dieu... Finally, a real ITKer!! Give the man a promote

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but do you know if the club are re-signing Johnny Williams?
    Hopefully not.
  • Last season we didn't score enough. And we had injury prone Centre halves. 
    Looking ahead to this season we have got rid of Shinnie, Aneke, Pratley.  All wrong decisions. (Particularly Shinnie)
    And we look at Ipswich who have brought in goalscorers aplenty. I can see Bonne and Piggot both getting 20+. And all the other signings have goals in them. I also don't see much coming from the guy from Preston. Definitely NOT an Aneke replacement. 
    I think Adkins is a good manager and I actually thought he did very well in the run in. But this season ahead with this current squad I see us sliding..we need 3 new forwards. Cover in all four back positions. And a playmaker in the centre of the park. 

When TS said "we will p*** this division next season" (words to that effect) I couldn't stomach it..perhaps it's a Danish peccadillo to put a tonne of unnecessary pressure on your depleted squad but in England it is not even ironic. We will see come May 2022 but as the squad stands today ~ this club isn't going up. 

Bonne and Piggott are! 
    And I bite….. pratley wrong decision? He is 85 years old and kept needlessly getting sent off and booked, we have replaced him with players over 10 years younger. It was time for him to move on.

Aneke turned down a contract to have a season in the championship.

shinnie, if he is that great, why has he ended up in dog shite Scottish league.

ipswich, mid table bottle jobs who have made a few good signings but they let a lot go. Their squad isn’t great, it will be interesting to see how they do once a few injuries, suspension and a bit of loss of form kick in
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!