Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Purely on a numbers/goals per game basis, Stockley stacks up fairly well as a comparison/replacement to Aneke. 8 goals in 22 games is somewhere around 15-16 in a full season.

We need more goals from elsewhere it's true but that was still true when we were relying on Chuks to solve all our problems.
  • Goals from midfield is going to be key , I think DJ will chip in a solid amount but we definitely need more. Stockley over a full season I'd expect to get around Aneke numbers but I still think we need another option. 
  • Our wingers didn’t contribute much in terms of goals last season. 5 between them? The wide players should get a lot more this year
  • Swisdom said:
    We have a goalscoring machine in the academy currently.  I’m not sure of his age but Daniel Kanu scored against Chatham in the friendly last night and looks a handful.  He is the record goal scorer for Dartford district for the last 10 years.  
    Number 2 on the list scored 28 goals but our boy Kanu notched a cool 67

annoyingly there were no team sheets or announcements so there were a few unfamiliar faces.  Decent match though even if the floodlights were as powerful as a flatulent flea 
    Yeah Daniel Kanu is definitely one to watch. It’s great that we have a few young forwards on the books at the minute who look to have very bright futures in Kanu, Gavin and Burstow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    @valleyoftears Interested to know why you think it was the wrong decision to get rid of Pratley and Shinnie? Pratley will be 37 this year and has gone to play in League Two. I liked Shinnie but he'll be 33 this year and didn't play under Adkins, so don't see why he would stay. There was also a gaping hole in our midfield defensively when he did play. Remember these are not Adkins players and he should get the opportunity to build his own team.

(Also, just want to add, not our decision to get rid of Aneke. He has gone to play in the Champ).

We know NA wants to play high pressing football with energetic midfielders and that's who he's signing. We also know we need to build a squad that has some value in it, and that means signing younger players who are improving, some of whom will hopefully do well and be worth a few quid. We're making the right moves IMO, but still have a bit more to do. 
    I would have kept Pratley and ditched Watson
    How many times do we have to cover this… we couldn’t!! Watson triggered a further year in his contract - nothing we could do! 

And for others saying we should have kept Aneke - we couldn’t, he was out of contract and chose to leave! 

Jesus wept…
    I’m so sorry to be so dense; I’ll try harder . 
  • Things are going to heat up at the weekend.
  • Well, we must be looking at better players if we aren't going to sign players of his quality. 
    Have to say people go on about Wigan and Ipswich … best business been done by MK Dons .. apart from us 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Plymouth have turned down an other from fellow league one side Charlton Athletic for young striker Luke Jephcott fee believed to be 600,000 . Jephcott recently signed a new deal with the club

Was sent this by my nephew who lives near Plymouth it is a week old now …. 
    If we get Jephcott, that would be an unbelievable signing. I’ve got like another 3 pages to catch up on so if people have commented that I haven’t catched up on then apologise in advance… but seeing this put a massive smile on my face 😄😂
    Narator "it was all bollocks" 
    It made the local news both paper and local tv in the Plymouth area … it was couple of weeks ago believe he signed a new deal so would imagine Plymouth now asking double 
  • Swisdom said:
    We have a goalscoring machine in the academy currently.  I’m not sure of his age but Daniel Kanu scored against Chatham in the friendly last night and looks a handful.  He is the record goal scorer for Dartford district for the last 10 years.  

annoyingly there were no team sheets or announcements so there were a few unfamiliar faces.  Decent match though even if the floodlights were as powerful as a flatulent flea 
    And also the young Irish lad Gavin … 
  • edited July 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    @valleyoftears Interested to know why you think it was the wrong decision to get rid of Pratley and Shinnie? Pratley will be 37 this year and has gone to play in League Two. I liked Shinnie but he'll be 33 this year and didn't play under Adkins, so don't see why he would stay. There was also a gaping hole in our midfield defensively when he did play. Remember these are not Adkins players and he should get the opportunity to build his own team.

(Also, just want to add, not our decision to get rid of Aneke. He has gone to play in the Champ).

We know NA wants to play high pressing football with energetic midfielders and that's who he's signing. We also know we need to build a squad that has some value in it, and that means signing younger players who are improving, some of whom will hopefully do well and be worth a few quid. We're making the right moves IMO, but still have a bit more to do. 
    I think a bit of perspective might be needed? Imagine it the other way around – that we signed a 36-year-old from League Two.
  • Well, we must be looking at better players if we aren't going to sign players of his quality. 
    Have to say people go on about Wigan and Ipswich … best business been done by MK Dons .. apart from us 
    What have MK done that’s so impressive? Eisa (probably expensive), a GK from Eastbourne (a cheap gamble), Twine (seems a good signing) and a CB from Bristol City (no idea).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C._season
  • Sponsored links:

• Good point.

So, any signings today those ITK? Or anything close maybe later this week?
  • Scoham said:
    Well, we must be looking at better players if we aren't going to sign players of his quality. 
    What have MK done that’s so impressive? Eisa (probably expensive), a GK from Eastbourne (a cheap gamble), Twine (seems a good signing) and a CB from Bristol City (no idea).

Josh Martin 
    max Watter 
    Ethan Robson 

I was comparing there business to Wigan and Ipswich who seen to be mentioned everywhere you look .. Twine , Eisa and Watter are very impressive forward line at this level .. 
  • Mo Eisa is poor poor player IMO. Reminds me of Bogle. 
  • Chunes said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:

I think a bit of perspective might be needed? Imagine it the other way around – that we signed a 36-year-old from League Two.
    This.

The number of times our former players drop down the leagues like Pratley, Solly, Wilson etc and some would have you believe they're like the one that got away and we missed out to these lower league teams.
  • I think Eisa will be very decent for MK. Has been a 1 in 2 merchant for most of his career.
    Thomas Driesen calling him crap is actually an endorsement.

• Swisdom said:

Relation of Nwankwo? 
  • Scoham said:
    Well, we must be looking at better players if we aren't going to sign players of his quality. 

Josh Martin 
    max Watter 
    Ethan Robson 

I was comparing there business to Wigan and Ipswich who seen to be mentioned everywhere you look .. Twine , Eisa and Watter are very impressive forward line at this level .. 
    Ah I missed off their loans.

I’m sure we’ll catch up once we had a few attacking signings. Ideally a creative CM, a couple of wingers and a striker, but not sure we’ll get that many.
  • Think the LB & RCB will be filled up with loan slots 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Ha ha you brought a rumour to the table that hadn't previously been mentioned in this thread.

Can remove if you like.
    I've been a busy busy bee, you cant be putting me on a list for asking any truth in a rumour. 
    Just a bit of fun surely  B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!