Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• edited July 2021
    What kit will we be wearing tomorrow? Last season's?
  • RedJohn said:
    RedJohn said:
    CharltonTV monthly pass
    With the one month pass you will be able to gain exclusive access to CharltonTV, Charlton Athletic's premium online video service for one month. This pass DOES NOT include live match streaming except for certain pre-season games.

This is what it states on Valley Pass, any idea which friendly matches it is showing please, and if so, how do i watch the other matches (friendlies), thanks.
    That's a good question, @RedJohn

I've just paid my £6.50 but only 3 games appear to be on offer to purchase separately. 

My main query though is do I have to cancel my monthly subscription after the July PSFs as it would appear it's on a reoccurring basis until next August according to the email confirmation I've just received. ... 
    Hi Fanny...

Can you tell me which games are being covered by your monthly pass please, as I want to watch the Celtic game if its on, but it seems that you have to pay a subscription before finding out, unless this info is available elsewhere.
    If you go into the VP link , it states that the matches available to purchase separately at £5 per game are Celtic, Dartford & Palace. 

The TV monthly pass states it does not cover live stream except for CERTAIN pre season games ...but does not state which ones as far as I can see. 
    I've now received confirmation of my July's subscription stating that both annual & monthly subs will enable you to watch " EVERY pre season fixture live online this summer " ! 

So, take your pick...

Does it cover EVERY or CERTAIN PSFs ? 
  • RedJohn said:
    RedJohn said:
    CharltonTV monthly pass
    With the one month pass you will be able to gain exclusive access to CharltonTV, Charlton Athletic's premium online video service for one month. This pass DOES NOT include live match streaming except for certain pre-season games.

This is what it states on Valley Pass, any idea which friendly matches it is showing please, and if so, how do i watch the other matches (friendlies), thanks.
    That's a good question, @RedJohn

I've just paid my £6.50 but only 3 games appear to be on offer to purchase separately. 

My main query though is do I have to cancel my monthly subscription after the July PSFs as it would appear it's on a reoccurring basis until next August according to the email confirmation I've just received. ... 
    Hi Fanny...

Can you tell me which games are being covered by your monthly pass please, as I want to watch the Celtic game if its on, but it seems that you have to pay a subscription before finding out, unless this info is available elsewhere.
    If you go into the VP link , it states that the matches available to purchase separately at £5 per game are Celtic, Dartford & Palace. 

The TV monthly pass states it does not cover live stream except for CERTAIN pre season games ...but does not state which ones as far as I can see. 
    This afternoon's email from CAST states that as well as the above 3 PSFs , the READING match on 24th July will also be live on Charlton TV ! 

Curiouser & curiouser.....
  • I can't remember the last time we played Fulham as a pre season friendly, I have vague memories of going to a game there back in the 90s when both ends were still terraces
  • I'm not going, but that Welling ticket site is awful (certainly on a PC). It scrolls weirdly and some of the colour choices make bits unreadable! £15 is quite steep too, as Dartford are only charging £10
  • I can't remember the last time we played Fulham as a pre season friendly, I have vague memories of going to a game there back in the 90s when both ends were still terraces
    Played them in 97/98. Also played them in a behind closed doors friendly there in 2012
  • What sort of team are we putting out? Do we know?
    A mix of players. 4 quarters rather than halves.
  • Sponsored links:

Wasn't the other friendly on the same night downgraded to an U18s match? Would imagine Welling will see a similar squad run out as was against Celtic.
  • Paying £15 to get in I bloody hope its the 1st team.

Saying that, the 1st team is half made up of the U23's so I doubt it will be any different to Saturday. Hopefully Gilbey & Dobbie make an appearance. 
  • Are tickets available on the door tonight?
  • I would be concerned that the £15 is more down to Welling and why we originally were not going to play the match.  I could be wrong but am not expecting a strong Charlton team in this one. Have we heard from Adkins how he is approaching this game?
  • won't get too many takers at those prices !
  • edited July 2021
    fulham hopefully completed the riverside stand maybe they'll give us a bigger allocation now if it was.(probably not)
  • I would be concerned that the £15 is more down to Welling and why we originally were not going to play the match.  I could be wrong but am not expecting a strong Charlton team in this one. Have we heard from Adkins how he is approaching this game?
    He discusses the plan for Welling in his post-match interview on Saturday. Same again this evening...

• I see TS has already brought in ideas from the US. 4x30 min halves. Cool bro'.....
  • shirty5 said:

I can't imagine Fulham fans are keen to pay £20 (£25 on the day) to watch a friendly against a League One team. That's a crazy price.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

I can't imagine Fulham fans are keen to pay £20 (£25 on the day) to watch a friendly against a League One team. That's a crazy price.
    Parachute pricing.
  • shirty5 said:

They'd probably charge less if we met in the 2nd round of the EFL cup!
  • edited July 2021
    shirty5 said:
    Not bad considering the effect being on a Tuesday night instead of a Saturday could have had on the attendance. Great little earner for Welling. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    Not bad considering the effect being on a Tuesday night instead of a Saturday could have had on the attendance. Great little earner for Welling. 
    I assume it's still a restricted attendance due to Covid restrictions. Dartford on Saturday is also affected, but presumably if both had been played a week later, they could allow more in
  • CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    I assume it's still a restricted attendance due to Covid restrictions. Dartford on Saturday is also affected, but presumably if both had been played a week later, they could allow more in
    I think its restricted to around 1,200, but they released a few more yesterday so more like 1.5k hopefully. Still much needed income considering the (non)season they just had. 
  • Looks like Dartford sold out as well