Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-season Friendlies

Comments

• Options
    How has been allowed. Surprised that has got the go ahead with the old bill.
  • Options
    Seems like we’re playing a lot more competitive games this pre-season compared to the sides we usually face and that can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    Fantastic. Cracking first game back. 
  • Options
    Why are we not playing any at The Valley?
  • Options
    Seems like we’re playing a lot more competitive games this pre-season compared to the sides we usually face and that can only be a good thing.
    was just thinking the same thing, have definitely upped the standard of opposition from previous years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely the old bill would be nervous about a friendly with the nigels. Ticket selling on friendlies tends to be a lot less rigid then league games so theres potential for more...shall we say....unsavoury characters to show up.  
  • Options
    Had more than enough of going to that dump, think i'll give it a swerve.
    👍🏼
    Went back for Dennis in the last minute & swore never again.
  • Options
    Why are we not playing any at The Valley?
    Probably because of the new pitch. We’re most likely giving the ground staff as much time as possible to get it into shape
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    That is a seriously strange thing to do, unless they are going to severely limit ticket sales for a friendly. So I assume the latter.

i guess the fully recoverable policing costs are less of an issue to a club with PL revenue but even so it seems an unlikely idea.
  • Options
    Can't wait.
    Hopefully tickets will be available for those who want to go.
  • Options
    I imagine clubs like Reading and Palace don't want to risk paying fees to overseas clubs for friendlies which might then get restricted attendances.

So they go for a big local club instead.

The potential for aggro and the extra police costs do make it seem an odd choice but Thomas is mates with Parish and Gallen mates with Freedman, their DOF, so who knows, maybe it was agreed as a football match and other, off the field stuff not considered?
  • Options
    I imagine clubs like Reading and Palace don't want to risk paying fees to overseas clubs for friendlies which might then get restricted attendances.

The potential for aggro and the extra police costs do make it seem an odd choice but Thomas is mates with Parish and Gallen mates with Freedman, their DOF, so who knows, maybe it was agreed as a football match and other, off the field stuff not considered?
    Is there any more potential for agro than when we played Millwall 10 years ago? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Was there any agro at that game?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not that a saw but couldn't have been away from the ground. 
  • Options
    How has been allowed. Surprised that has got the go ahead with the old bill.
    It’s a BOGOF offer by the police when they confirm we are playing Millwall on the Saturday before the start of the season. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Millwall is an easier ground to manage.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    Had more than enough of going to that dump, think i'll give it a swerve.
    👍🏼
    Went back for Dennis in the last minute & swore never again.
    Ditto, quit whilst we're ahead.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s the point.