Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington v Charlton | Sat 1 May | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    If we’re fortunate enough to be awarded a penalty I hope we can score it.
  • Options
    woman in black jacket lying on white snow
  • Options
    What I meant by that blackpool72 is every games a battle and and you all stick together till the end
  • Options
    I'm expecting us to win this, lose in midweek, and then win against Hull but it to not be enough to be in the playoffs, as that would be the ultimate Charlton thing to do
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    What I meant by that blackpool72 is every games a battle and and you all stick together till the end
    Can't argue with that.
    Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    Big game, though bizarrely I don’t feel particularly enthused for it. I suppose in my heart I just don’t think we are good enough, solid enough, stable enough as a side to go up and I just want the season done and dusted now. 

A defeat almost certainly will do that. Expect a draw though and the uncertainty extended. Win, and like the fool I always am I’ll be saying ‘if blah blah, anything can happen etc’
    Yes, it's a bit weird but for the first time in a while, I also don't feel "up for it". Looking forward to seeing Carlo though!
  • Options
    I genuinely have nothing else to do this afternoon but in the interest of @aliwibble well-being I am not going to buy the stream...let’s see how that pans out...
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Hope Nigel does not feel tempted to rest anyone for Lincoln and Hull. We've got to win this game. If we don't and fail to make the play-offs let's, at least, go down with all guns blazing.
     Would like to see Chuks and Shockley up top with Washington causing mayhem in the Accrington defence. It's hit or bust.
    Surely he needs to bring in fresh players to win today?

There were some tired players out there midweek, we desperately need more energy out there. I'd be surprised if Morgan doesn't start today
  • Options
    Hello ross1 I hope that geezer hasn’t got a charlton shirt on.
  • Options
    Normally get the team line up bang on 2 from Twitter but anyone know where else we can get this with the weekend social media boycott?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Normally get the team line up bang on 2 from Twitter but anyone know where else we can get this with the weekend social media boycott?
    BBC Sport page maybe?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    KettsJohn said:
    BBC Sport page maybe?
    It's on the OS every game 60 mins before ko. Today @2pm, like in a minute.

I always post it in the opening post of the Match Thread also. 
  • Options
    Lineup concept 1 away
  • Options
    Interesting that Washington is starting AND in the bench. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    that is an attacking line up with Purrington left out .. good move as we OBVIOUSLY need to win this .. get 4-0 up then bring on Purrington .. 3 5 2 line up? 
  • Options

Charlton: Amos; Innis, Pearce (C), Famewo; Gunter, Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Gilbey, Maatsen; Washington, Stockley

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Purrington, Morgan, Shinnie, Millar, Aneke

• Options
    Do we really need 5 defenders + Pratley in a must win game?
  • Options
    As the trench analogies have started... 

I would say that most of the criticism on here is the sort of down to earth good old Tommy Atkins realism in the face of overwhelming mediocrity interspersed with rare moments of absolute blind terror (i'll use our defence in my analogy here).

The last thing Private Baldrick would of wanted in the trench next to him would of been the sort of glass half full optimist who would of usually got himself and Baldrick blown to nothing. 

1-1 i reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big game, though bizarrely I don’t feel particularly enthused for it. I suppose in my heart I just don’t think we are good enough, solid enough, stable enough as a side to go up and I just want the season done and dusted now. 

A defeat almost certainly will do that. Expect a draw though and the uncertainty extended. Win, and like the fool I always am I’ll be saying ‘if blah blah, anything can happen etc’
    And as sure as sh*t...