Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington v Charlton | Sat 1 May | 3pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    There is no place in society for any form of abuse either online or offline. I will be following the planned social media blackout this weekend in support of eradicating online hate.

• Options

• Options
    edited April 2021
    ross1 said:
    Look at the bloody size of the box for a 21 inch tv! 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    The caption said 15in TV, even more ridiculous
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    The caption said 15in TV, even more ridiculous
    Yeh, but the voice over said 21. I can imagine some geezer from Rumbelows getting the right hump over that.
  • Options
    Thanks for a quality preview. 

Chucks is being kept in cotton wool - ready to be sold. 

If things don’t go our way this season - just imagine another year in this dross league and playing one up front at home.  
    It will be like watching paint dry. 
    no one will be paying a fee for Chuks, he's out of contract.
    I’d happily give him away!!, I know probably not a popular comment but I think he is way over rated and at his level, especially with the special treatment of game management required to get a tune out of him.he has the movement of the titanic and fouls too much which always breaks our attacks down. 
  • Options
    I’ll take anything but stockley up top on his own...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I think we will start with a 4-3-3. It works better away than at home. Like others I think this is a game where we need to rest Pearce. He has done well for us of late and is likely to be needed again at some point. Aneke and Washington on the bench but a plan B with them in it needs to be prepared for in advance. Shinnie also has to make the bench. Not playing him or having him as an option is the big criticism I have of Adkins so far. 
  • Options
    Oh ffs !!    Nads is now spouting corporate bollox.....KPI's  ???  Really  ???

Onto the game........  its not a must win game.

It's a must must win game.

And we dont generally win those ones. I suppose one god send is that the comms team havent labelled it "Operation Crown Oli".

As for the team. I'd go with Innis & Famewo at the back & with 2 strikers up top. Also bring Shinnie in for someone -  probably JFC as the latters set pieces have been woeful of late.

Unfortunately by 5pm we will all know who Accrington Stanley are.......they will be the team who put the final nail in our play-off coffin. 

2-0.

• Options
    CHIS
    Jesus, Mary Joseph wee Donkey
    OCG JFC DCI
    MIT Aneke Washington.

Subs: ARU CPS PNC IRV UCO FLO CSE

Can we please play on the front foot and get our shots on target; if Aneke and Washington are shooting blanks after 30 minutes, then ARU must come on to give us some fire power.

• Options
    Academic unfortunately. I hope we can win but the play offs (for us) have almost certainly gone already.
  • Options
    Oh ffs !!    Nads is now spouting corporate bollox.....KPI's  ???  Really  ???

Onto the game........  its not a must win game.

It's a must must win game.

And we dont generally win those ones. I suppose one god send is that the comms team havent labelled it "Operation Crown Oli".

As for the team. I'd go with Innis & Famewo at the back & with 2 strikers up top. Also bring Shinnie in for someone -  probably JFC as the latters set pieces have been woeful of late.

Unfortunately by 5pm we will all know who Accrington Stanley are.......they will be the team who put the final nail in our play-off coffin. 

2-0.

One sour guy.
  • Options
    Accrington have shown what a difficult side they are to play from their last couple of matches. I think it will go to the wire as other results will go our way but I cannot see us beating them after Tuesday. 1-0 to Accrington.
  • Options
    Sadly,  any realistic hope of the play offs disappeared with Stockley's penalty miss. If we had salvaged a point against Posh there might have been some belief. 

Crewe proved we don't have any.

1.1 bore fest. 

• Options
    Sadly,  any realistic hope of the play offs disappeared with Stockley's penalty miss. If we had salvaged a point against Posh there might have been some belief. 

1.1 bore fest. 

Positivity.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Old breeze block feet there’s a reason he hasn’t scored any with his feet!
  • Options
    I'm going for a win as long as Nigel does :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ro_addick said:

1.1 bore fest. 

Positivity.
    I'm just hoping to sleep well so I can go again. 
  • Options
    Amos matthews innis Famewo Purrington pratley jf-c Shinnie gilbey Aneke Washington we win 2-0 playing Pearce at the back playing a isolated stockley with millar playing on the wrong wing and a left back maatsen playing on the right wing also leaving Shinnie out for Watson we lose 2-0
  • Options
    ro_addick said:

1.1 bore fest. 

Positivity.
    I'm just hoping to sleep well so I can go again. 
    Me too.
  • Options
    Stockley has scored 7 goals...7. And people are making out he isnt good enough.

He needs support. He needs wingers that are going to actually get the ball in the box. He needs players to run in behind when he flicks it on. Another striker up there with him would be a massive help as playing up top on your own is hard graft. 

Shit or bust now. Don't play Watson or Pratley and play the 2nd striker. 

Think either way, we will be better. 

1-0 Charlton. Gilbey
  • Options
    Win and we’re all suddenly believing again. Draw / lose and the season is over.
  • Options
    Hello king addict I for one am not saying he’s not good enough you couldn’t ask for a more braver forward who works extremely hard but on the flip side and you’ve got to admit he’s very limited with the ball at his feet. That’s why I’d start with Aneke up there with Washington because Aneke is just as brave and strong as stockley but a lot better with his feet. You can always bring stockley on when Aneke tires and also at the same time bring on a fresh millar but on the right wing so with his strongest foot his crossing should be a much better service in to stockley.

• Options
    once again as our season comes to an earlier than hoped for finish another failure to win is on the cards
    Wont be watching I'll be playing cricket if the weather holds up

Charlton 22%
    Draw 30%
    Accrington 48%
  • Options
    Good luck oohaa.  I will be on the match thread counting the "it's in our own hands" and "6 points next week will do".
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Hello king addict I for one am not saying he’s not good enough you couldn’t ask for a more braver forward who works extremely hard but on the flip side and you’ve got to admit he’s very limited with the ball at his feet. That’s why I’d start with Aneke up there with Washington because Aneke is just as brave and strong as stockley but a lot better with his feet. You can always bring stockley on when Aneke tires and also at the same time bring on a fresh millar but on the right wing so with his strongest foot his crossing should be a much better service in to stockley.

In all fairness, we don't play it into his feet enough but I certainly won't dispute that Aneke is better regardless.

I think that playing someone up there with him can only be a good thing and show some intent from us to have a go from the start. Plus he's in a goalscoring form so dropping him (to me) wouldn't make sense.