Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ValleyPass: Sunderland v Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Not be 3pm next Saturday EFL have said.
    Sorry what are you saying here 
    Kick off won’t be 3pm as the funeral starts at 3pm. I’m guessing 5pm.
  • Options
    Imagine most will kick off at midday and a selection will be at 5 or 6pm.
  • Options
    Duke of Edinburgh  funeral is taking place starting at 3PM so out of respect games will KO earlier or later on Saturday.
  • Options
    I'd been wondering about that

Far less of a problem than normal to shift kickoff times
  • Options
    Over 14,000,both Teams.
    Am i the only one who thinks that's really disappointing?
    I suppose you have to look at it another way

Were those 14,000 people all watching on their own? - If yes then its disappointing-  If people were watching and normally go with families (have kids, wifes that go with them) then you could have been looking at close to 30,000 in the ground, you certainly wouldnt have had over 5,500 Charlton in attendance
    Also have to consider I pay and my son logs on at his place, as each purchase allows two devices to logon. So don’t even have to get friends round your house. 
    Have made three log ins on my account. My TV via laptop, son at uni digs and then I've also logged on with my phone while doing stuff in the kitchen pre-match.
  • Options
    One disappointment with the magnificent Curbs , Lennie and Minto show was Curbs storming away from Wembley for the Full Members Cup Final (who’s unused Cup Final shirt will be coming to a museum near you ....soon) after Lennie had dropped him not being discussed .
    Surely that was worthy of some chat when the talk of Robbo’s reaction to being benched for the Play Off Final was being mentioned .

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Apologies if already mentioned and I’ve missed it but did Charlton set the new highest L1 stream purchase yesterday for the away team ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apologies if already mentioned and I’ve missed it but did Charlton set the new highest L1 stream purchase yesterday for the away team ?
    Highest L1, almost EFL highest 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Lennie Lawrence was an excellent guest yesterday. He has understandably tended to leave a lot of the attention to Alan Curbishley in the last 30 years(!) but he's been fully involved in football during that time, working for so many different clubs.

He had the ability to quickly identify and rectify weaknesses in his own teams and keep things very simple for the players. Alan Curbishley was the same and you can only imagine that he learnt a lot from Lennie.

Lennie has an interesting background and presumably had to work really hard to get opportunities. He played in the same John Ruskin School team as Steve Kember, Bobby Houghton and Roy Hodgson. All of whom have gone onto a lifetime of football and three of whom were PE teachers. I believe they are all still mates to this day.

I was glad to hear that Lennie does now speak to Paul Miller. What Miller allegedly did was very wrong but his exit seemed really hasty. Different times, I guess. 

Another good snippet was AC saying that Terry Hurlock was his apprentice at West Ham. I always thought that Hurlock was a non-league player throughout his younger days and prior to joining Brentford. 

Really good programme yesterday, obviously helped by the best result so far this season. 

Wbat happened between Lennie and Paul Miller? 
  • Options
    Love the coverage, really enjoyed L.L. contribution yesterday, always find the program very professional and well presented by Scot Minto.
    Have to admit that towards the end of yesterdays match, I had to hide in the safety of our spare bedroom and watch the clock slowly tick down.
    My only criticism of the program, (and I think Curbs touched on this) is find Steve Browns contribution to overwhelming. He's obviously very knowledgeable and reads the game in far more detail than I can.
    I actually mute the sound after about the first 20 minutes.
    But overall, super value.   
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Lennie Lawrence was an excellent guest yesterday. He has understandably tended to leave a lot of the attention to Alan Curbishley in the last 30 years(!) but he's been fully involved in football during that time, working for so many different clubs.

He had the ability to quickly identify and rectify weaknesses in his own teams and keep things very simple for the players. Alan Curbishley was the same and you can only imagine that he learnt a lot from Lennie.

Lennie has an interesting background and presumably had to work really hard to get opportunities. He played in the same John Ruskin School team as Steve Kember, Bobby Houghton and Roy Hodgson. All of whom have gone onto a lifetime of football and three of whom were PE teachers. I believe they are all still mates to this day.

I was glad to hear that Lennie does now speak to Paul Miller. What Miller allegedly did was very wrong but his exit seemed really hasty. Different times, I guess. 

Another good snippet was AC saying that Terry Hurlock was his apprentice at West Ham. I always thought that Hurlock was a non-league player throughout his younger days and prior to joining Brentford. 

Really good programme yesterday, obviously helped by the best result so far this season. 

Didn't Miller spit at an opponent, so Lennie sacked him? 
    Yes.

• Options
    I watch the television coverage.
    I love Steve Brown.
    I am thankful I am not restricted to sound only because it was bad enough before in terms of knowing what is happening moment by moment but employing Steve Brown to talk at length whilst play is happening, makes those with audio only miss a huge amount.
    I suppose it’s about what you think the role of commentary is. In my opinion it is a service for those who can’t see.
  • Options
    Good value for £10.
  • Options
    A lot of managerial knowledge to have on one table. I thought it was great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lennie complemented Curbs very well yesterday, as his post Charlton career is the complete opposite really, with Lennie clearly being someone who just loves staying involved at clubs, wherever they are and whatever division, whether as manager, assistant or consultant. At 73 he still wants to keep going.

Thus while he didn't know the current Charlton side very well, he knew Pratley from Bolton and Inniss from Newport!

I hadn't realised/remembered that Lennie bringing Curbs back for his second spell was something that had been discussed and promised 3 years earlier. That clearly suggests that Lennie even back in 1987 saw something in Curbs as a coach

I found that particular story fascinating. How many managers these days would take a medium-to-long-term view like that? It was almost like sending Curbs out on loan for three years!

"I don't really need you as a player now because you're getting a bit old but if I'm still here in three years' time I'll bring you back to start your coaching career."
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Over 14,000,both Teams.

Were those 14,000 people all watching on their own? - If yes then its disappointing-  If people were watching and normally go with families (have kids, wifes that go with them) then you could have been looking at close to 30,000 in the ground, you certainly wouldnt have had over 5,500 Charlton in attendance
    Also have to consider I pay and my son logs on at his place, as each purchase allows two devices to logon. So don’t even have to get friends round your house. 
    Exactly, two people who live separately will still only ever need to make one VP purchase per match.

So 5,500 stream purchases would in theory allow 11k individuals to watch the game yesterday.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Didn't Miller spit at an opponent, so Lennie sacked him? 
    Indeed. Against Newcastle iirc 
  • Options
    Over 14,000,both Teams.

Exactly, two people who live separately will still only ever need to make one VP purchase per match.

So 5,500 stream purchases would in theory allow 11k individuals to watch the game yesterday.
    I thought it was three