Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ValleyPass: Sunderland v Charlton

Comments

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Near 2,000 sold now.
    are the figures available anywhere ? I'm interested to see how many tickets are sold per game
    Due to the prize pot, we'll know this time around how many people have bought streams

Keith Hyams has won the season ticket (1500). I'm slightly surprised sales aren't higher actually, maybe people are delaying buying their stream until the big prizes come up!
    But once we buy the stream, aren't we then in all of the draws?
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    AndyG said:
    Near 2,000 sold now.
    are the figures available anywhere ? I'm interested to see how many tickets are sold per game
    Due to the prize pot, we'll know this time around how many people have bought streams

Keith Hyams has won the season ticket (1500). I'm slightly surprised sales aren't higher actually, maybe people are delaying buying their stream until the big prizes come up!
    But once we buy the stream, aren't we then in all of the draws?
    Perhaps people don't want to win one of the early prizes - I assume you can only win one prize!
  • Options
    clive said:
    I'm still not sure what the idea of this 'Giveaway' promotion is, is it to lure people away from illegal streams or for people to buy a stream who would normally not bother?
    It is a bit like like the survey sent out by the club yesterday, the most pointless exercise ever, i thought this kind of thing would stop now Roland & Katrien have departed.
    The giveaway is a promotion to entice people to buy the game so we can break the streaming record for an EFL game. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I'm still not sure what the idea of this 'Giveaway' promotion is, is it to lure people away from illegal streams or for people to buy a stream who would normally not bother?
    It is a bit like like the survey sent out by the club yesterday, the most pointless exercise ever, i thought this kind of thing would stop now Roland & Katrien have departed.
    The giveaway is a promotion to entice people to buy the game so we can break the streaming record for an EFL game. 
    Why is a 'giveaway' needed to entice people to buy the game?
  • Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    To entice more people to buy the stream. People that usually wouldn't... 
  • Options
    100 Heineken up next... Think I'll continue to wait until the PS5 is close. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Standard business ploy, dangle the carrot and wait for a bite, usually works, and what's wrong with trying to increase revenue and possibly get more people interested in future streams, whether it works regarding the record is another thing.
  • Options
    Great to see Lennie, a true Charlton legend. He has a massive knowledge of the game, I don't know how much he's seen of us this season though

His apparently left his last job in December, which was coaching Stevenage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to see Lennie, a true Charlton legend. He has a massive knowledge of the game, I don't know how much he's seen of us this season though

His apparently left his last job in December, which was coaching Stevenage
    Even if Lennie hasn't seen us play for twenty years he'd still have more knowledge and insight of us than some of the Sky commentators and pundits we've had to suffer recently.
  • Options
    Will be great to see Curbs and Lawrence on the VP Saturday, and maybe some interesting history and chat, what with Curbs along with Gritt taking over from Lennie in 1991.
  • Options
    I guess those of us with season tickets don't get entered because we are in Johnny Foreigner land?    
    Of course they get entered.
    I think Algarve is talking about those fans that are abroad who have purchased a ValleyPass streaming ticket for the entire year which cost £120, rather than a genuine Season Ticket holder using their CAFC Cash

I dont think any of those fans were included in the Range Rover draw for example.
    Exactly - probably because of UK competition rules - they usually exclude non-residents. 
    I don't care. That's fair enough.

All I ask if that whoever wins prize 11 'gives' 😉it to me for my daughter's first ever match.

Here's a picture of her on the penultimate day of school before the current school Covid19 closure. 

"Qui sont Charlton Athletic?"
    "Ils jouent au football. Mal."
  • Options
    clive said:
    The best question was what else can we do to enhance your matchday experience.
    I said free beer and 5-0 victories :smile:
    Not playing Watson and Pratley together in midfield!

As always in these surveys, I say fix the East Stand tannoy and bring back the Real Ale kiosk.
  • Options
    I suppose the promotion works to a degree, I’ve just booked when I don’t normally until an hour before KO.

If under previous regimes, the cynic in me would have thought there was a payroll / big bill coming this Friday!
  • Options
    I guess those of us with season tickets don't get entered because we are in Johnny Foreigner land?    
    I think Algarve is talking about those fans that are abroad who have purchased a ValleyPass streaming ticket for the entire year which cost £120, rather than a genuine Season Ticket holder using their CAFC Cash

I dont think any of those fans were included in the Range Rover draw for example.
    Exactly - probably because of UK competition rules - they usually exclude non-residents. 

All I ask if that whoever wins prize 11 'gives' 😉it to me for my daughter's first ever match.

Here's a picture of her on the penultimate day of school before the current school Covid19 closure. 

Au contraire. Everyone seems very impressed and surprised when I tell them that we play in La Ligue Un d'Angleterre. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    clive said:
    Because we and Sunderland would like more people than usual to buy the game. Say that our average streaming figure is 6k people (I’ve made that up), but for this game we want 10k, then a giveaway is surely a great promotion to exceed our usual watching figure. 
  • Options
    Curbishley and Lawrence. It's Sinatra and Crosby, Geilgud and Olivier. If you have a spare tenner, hand it over. 
  • Options
    Ipswich hold the record for away streams sold at 5,991. We've just gone through the 2,000 mark it seems. 

I don't think we'll be getting near that total?
  • Options

Au contraire. Everyone seems very impressed and surprised when I tell them that we play in La Ligue Un d'Angleterre. 
    That's probably because Ligue 1 is the top flight in France  :D
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Near 2,000 sold now.
    Doncaster 2,166
    Lincoln 3,350
    Sunderland 3,472
    Wigan 3,765.

I believe we have gone past the 4,000 mark and the 5,000 for a few matches.
  • Options
    I would imagine a fair number will not be aware of the promotion. We can expect around 5k plus but I'll stick my neck out and predict there won't be a 10k winner or even an apple watch winner.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/606d74ac7f0c0/saturday-streaming-sales-pass-opening-game-of-the-season

The current high for UK passes sold for two teams is 10,363 and Charlton have a few other important targets to try and hit.
    1,843 – UK passes sold for first game of the season against Crewe Alexandra – TARGET PASSED
    2,948 - UK passes sold for the first game of the Thomas Sandgaard era against Lincoln City
    4,979 – UK passes sold for the November game against Gillingham, the highest purchased Charlton away game of the season
    5,991 – UK passes sold by Ipswich Town for their March game against Gillingham, the highest purchased League One away game of the season
    For more than three months the Addicks held the record for the highest viewed away game in League One but Ipswich Town took the lead in March, with the Addicks hoping to reclaim top spot in the streaming league table for Saturday’s game. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I know it has been asked before but I have never seen an answer ( sorry if I have missed it ) on average how many streams do we sell each game ?
     it’s a closely guarded secret, only shared with those that have a CL badge...

• Options
    Or this one ?