Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys of Summer 2021

Comments

• I love watching the Red Sox on MLB TV at the moment. Best £70 or whatever it is per season I spend on sport. Great value.

And naturally enjoying it much more than Charlton at the moment!
  • Some how the worst Cardinals team in living memory are now on a 9-1 winning streak and two game clear for the last wild card place.

I prefer baseball to football right now for some reason.

Go Cards
    Amazing form at just the right moment. But a do or die game in LA to progress to meet the Giants still looks a huge ask.
    Still, COYRbirds
    True but who knows in a one off game. Cards are certainly on a roll.
  • Some how the worst Cardinals team in living memory are now on a 9-1 winning streak and two game clear for the last wild card place.

I prefer baseball to football right now for some reason.

Go Cards
    Amazing form at just the right moment. But a do or die game in LA to progress to meet the Giants still looks a huge ask.
    Still, COYRbirds
    True but who knows in a one off game. Cards are certainly on a roll.
    If we don't make it, for obvious reasons I'll be rooting for the White Sox in the post-season.
    Great celebrations at Busch of the 2011 World Series winning team, albeit sans Tony LR and Albert naturally.
    What a series that was   :)
    https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/cardinals-2011-world-series-title-team-reunites

• I love watching the Red Sox on MLB TV at the moment. Best £70 or whatever it is per season I spend on sport. Great value.

And naturally enjoying it much more than Charlton at the moment!
    Exactly. I normally watch 2 games a day on mlb tv. I also listen to games while out walking the dog. 
  • 10 on the spin for the super Cards
    They’re sizzlin’   :)
  • edited September 2021
    10 on the spin for the super Cards
    They’re sizzlin’   :)
    Hotter and hotter. A shellacking of the Brewers to take the series. 11 on the spin. They have a better record at this stage of the season than the 2011 World Series Champion Cardinals
    :smile:
  • Man o man.
    Waino concedes a grand slam in the 1st but the Cards do a smash and grab in late innings to sweep (8-5) the Brewers and go 12 on the spin.
    On to Wrigley.
    COYRbirds 
  • Brewers maybe on cruise control but a sweep is a sweep.

Amazing come back in the last three innings.  The base running from the Cards is incredible.

Do you think that after they've won the World Series in October the Cards coaches could pop over to New Eltham for a few months?
  • Sponsored links:

• That was some amazing come from behind win #15
    Crazy double run-down, double play to end a tricky 8th.
    COYRbirds - let's get the brooms out one more time  :)

A sweep of the Cubs, manager ejected bottom of the ninth over a disputed call, just another day for the Cards.

Now one game away from the play-off game.
  • edited September 2021
    Yet another late innings rally and even incompetent umpires giving the Cubs a 4th "out" in the 9th didn't save them from the ....

That was one funky series.
    COYRbirds
  • 17 (Seventeen)

Play off place booked

Brooklyn beware
  • I counted the Ws then noticed the number in the picture. 
  • 17 (Seventeen)

Play off place booked

Brooklyn beware
    17 more and we're WS Champs - no sweat  :)
    COYRbirds

• Get ya cheque book out De Witt ya cnut

• Sponsored links:

• How has Goldy been playing for you guys? When I was properly following baseball a few years back I was always amazed at his ability to ding a homer out of nowhere to drag the beleaguered Dbacks back into a game
  • sam3110 said:
    How has Goldy been playing for you guys? When I was properly following baseball a few years back I was always amazed at his ability to ding a homer out of nowhere to drag the beleaguered Dbacks back into a game
    Mustard, especially now with O'Neil and Arenado behind him. We're lucky to have him - would grace any side. Hit some absolute bombs this season and as good a 1st base as there is. 
    If we can get past the WC shoot-out, got every chance of the Pennant on current form.
  • sam3110 said:
    How has Goldy been playing for you guys? When I was properly following baseball a few years back I was always amazed at his ability to ding a homer out of nowhere to drag the beleaguered Dbacks back into a game
    As PM says he's been great but he has other inform players around him so his hits are getting runs.
  • Hopefully the giants win the couple of games then need to then the Cards can take care of the Dodgers in the WC game...

As a giants fan its been the most fun season in a long long time
  • The AL wildcard race is crazy 
  • The Giants 105-54 record and still haven’t clinched it. 3 games to go. 2 ahead of the Dodgers. Go Giants!!
  • edited October 2021
    The AL wildcard race is crazy 
    Pleased the Astros could finally clinch the AL West last night - didn't want to be involved with any of that nonsense. Limped over the line a bit with only 1 win in 6 beforehand...

Would love to see the Blue Jays and the Mariners in the wild card game over the Yankees and the Red Sox. Unfortunately the Yankees are putting a string of results together and are now in poll position.
  • Dodgers (currently 104-56) now need to win one more game for 105 wins, guaranteeing this years NL West to have the record for most wins for a team finishing second. 
  • Cards take the opener with the Cubbies, whose starting battery was Abbot and Castillo   :smiley: