Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Boys of Summer 2021

Comments

• Options
    @Callumcafc Where are you? If you’re pulling an all nighter in the UK, respect. 
    Texas :-)
    Sorry to hear that. Winter in coming, stock up on batteries. :-)
  • Options
    Red Sox win 14-6, which was a surprise after Sale gave up 5 runs in the first inning. 
    Sale’s been rescued by the hitters twice in a row now. He’s not at the top of his game right now, but then he’s only been back from surgery a few weeks and has only played 10 games. But if Red Sox can squeeze past the Rays, he’ll need to find his mojo quick sharp for the ALCS. 
  • Options
    If the Red Sox manage to get past the Rays with this rotation it will be impressive stuff. Rescued by the power of their bats again but other than Eovaldi all their starters have been horrible of late. Houck I like but issue is he would have been marked down for a game 3-4 start which is now out the window after 5 innings tonight.
  • Options
    Yeah, absolutely. But in a best of five series, who knows what might happen? 
    I certainly didn’t expect a win after that first inning last night!
  • Options
    Webb was dealing for the giants last night. What a start!
  • Options
    Giants too good for us last night I'm afraid with Webb pitching an excellent game. Need to go back to LA at 1-1 or it is going to be very tough. Giants probably favourites to win it all as it stands.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Braves beat the Brewers 3-0 win game 2 and level the series at 1-1.

Dodgers lead the Giants 2-1 through five innings.
  • Options
    Dodgers win 9-2 to bring that series level at 1-1.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Redsox go 2-1 up with crazy extra innings win.

Rays felt they should have had a run in the top of the 13th after the ball deflected over the fence off the outfielder. They had a runner rounding third, but the umps called them back for a ground rule double and the runner was sent back to 3rd base.
    Seemed a bit harsh at the time and the Redsox got the last man out to escape the inning unscathed.
    They then went and walked off with a 2 run homer by Vasquez in the bottom of the inning, so maybe it didn’t matter anyway!
  • Options
    Crazy scenes in the top and the bottom of that 13th inning. Advantage Red Sox..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red Sox got very lucky with the inground rule double ! With that luck it could be our season 
  • Options
    White Sox win 12-6 in game three against the Astros.
  • Options
    It’s the most open post season I can remember in ages - literally can’t call which way this series will go.

Really glad I’m working from home today. When the Sox make the post season I should really block out the month of October!
  • Options
    It’s the most open post season I can remember in ages - literally can’t call which way this series will go.

Really glad I’m working from home today. When the Sox make the post season I should really block out the month of October!
    If Boston had lost last night, I couldn’t see them coming back in this series - with using up both Pivetta and Eovaldi, they really needed that result. I still think the Rays might have too much, but the Redsox only need to win one more. I feel like they should go all in on winning tonight because a) I can’t see the Redsox winning in the deciding game and b) the pitchers could really use the extra day of rest. 
    If they lose tonight, then they’re looking for a miracle on Wednesday.

Glad to see the White Sox make a game of it against Houston too.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

If Boston had lost last night, I couldn’t see them coming back in this series - with using up both Pivetta and Eovaldi, they really needed that result. I still think the Rays might have too much, but the Redsox only need to win one more. I feel like they should go all in on winning tonight because a) I can’t see the Redsox winning in the deciding game and b) the pitchers could really use the extra day of rest. 
    If they lose tonight, then they’re looking for a miracle on Wednesday.

Glad to see the White Sox make a game of it against Houston too.
    Trying to work out who will pitch tonight..... Can Houck manage 3-4 innings? I was gonna say 'before handing over to the bullpen' but anyone half decent from that is gonna be cooked after last night.

EDIT - Just seen it will likely be E Rod. I’m not confident. Can see the Rays line up getting stuck straight in to him.
  • Options
    How come so much funky stuff always happens in the post-season?
    Makes for great viewing  :)
    And another 4-game day today. Fantastic.
  • Options
    Game 4 of White Sox / Astros postponed by one day due to bad weather.
  • Options
    Braves win 3-0 in game 3 to take the series lead 2-1.
  • Options
    Red Sox lead 5-0 through four innings in game four…
  • Options
    Lead cut to 5-3 after seven innings. Gonna be a nail biter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lead cut to 5-3 after seven innings. Gonna be a nail biter.
    5-5 through eight…
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Red Sox win 6-5 in the ninth inning! They progress to the ALCS with a 3-1 series win.

Rays season is over.
  • Options
    Well, that was exciting! Redsox keep rolling on! That’s a great result against a very good Rays team. How far can they go? They’re certainly not the best team in the postseason, but they’re getting it done when it matters. The extra rest day earned from winning 3-1 could be crucial now.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Giants win 1-0 at Dodger Stadium to take a 2-1 lead in the series…

Check out the last out if you can. Gavin Lux thought he’d hit it out of the park (107 mph exit velocity, xBA .890) but the wind had other ideas.
  • Options
    I think you would be hard pushed to find a weaker rotation making it to an ALCS in recent years but tbh that probably highlights even more how strong the Red Sox line up is.

Already exceeded expectations - let’s see who we get in the championship series.
  • Options
    I think you would be hard pushed to find a weaker rotation making it to an ALCS in recent years but tbh that probably highlights even more how strong the Red Sox line up is.

Already exceeded expectations - let’s see who we get in the championship series.
    It’s hope more than expectation, but I’ve got my fingers crossed that Sale and E Rod find their form at just the right time. If Sale can sort his head out, he’ll come good.
    Hindsight’s 20-20, but E Rod was left out just a little too long last night and that almost ruined what was actually a decent performance from him in the first 5 innings.

As you say, it’s been a better season than expected, but it’d be nice to get a bit further.
    As for who’s up next? I’m hoping for a Sox derby in the ALCS.
  • Options
    Giants win 1-0 at Dodger Stadium to take a 2-1 lead in the series…

Check out the last out if you can. Gavin Lux thought he’d hit it out of the park (107 mph exit velocity, xBA .890) but the wind had other ideas.
    Santa Ana winds are notorious at this time of year in LA - can whizz down off the foothills and get very windy indeed. Love the LA residents all in the beanie hats and big coats - it was 27 degrees during the day, and 22 at game time! That would be a warm summers night in the UK.
  • Options
    Astros lead 2-1 through three innings in Chicago.
  • Options
    Now 5-1 after five innings.
  • Options
    Now 5-1 after five innings.
    Astros win 10-1 to book their place in the ALCS against the Red Sox.

Five straight years for the Astros in the LCS or better.