Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup qualifiers thread

Comments

• Options
    Sort of thing you could imagine only Charlton being able to achieve

• Options
    Unfortunately Republic of Ireland are suffering from the FAI years of corruption.
    They’re now skint and Kenny is what they’ve ended up with.
    He was never going to be good enough.
    If he goes, it’ll be someone else of the same ilk I’m afraid.
  • Options
    England Team: Pope, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw, Phillips, Rice, Mount, Sterling, Foden, Kane. #ALBENG
  • Options
    Like it ALL apart from Phillips AND Rice
    No need for both vs Albania
    We need to impart our game on them
  • Options
    Only change i'd make would be JWP for Phillips
  • Options
    I'd have gone Bellingham 
    He's more of an all rounder
    Henderson comes in when fit
    Then Rashford, Grealish, Sancho....

Decisions decisions!
  • Options
    England lining up as if we're playing France or something. 

Its Albania, would it kill Southgate to try and play entertaining football with an extra attacking player? 
  • Options
    Philips? I don’t know what Southgate sees in him.
  • Options
    Would be a fantastic game for Bellingham. Shame we’ve gone 2 DMs but the rest looks solid.
  • Options
    We've not won a major tournament in 55 years playing defensively.   Cannot see France or Portugal playing 2 DMs vs Albania!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reading these comments I think people are being a bit disrespectful to Albania. Genuinely no mugs. 

Should we win the next 2 games then we are in a strong position. A loss away to Poland would still leave us a point clear of them. Just need to beat Hungary away as remaining matches will be mere formalities.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    We've not won a major tournament in 55 years playing defensively.   Cannot see France or Portugal playing 2 DMs vs Albania!
    Good thing Albania were in France’s group for Euro 2020 qualifying... Last game of qualifying in November 2019, France played with three centre backs and two holding midfielders.

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Good thing Albania were in France’s group for Euro 2020 qualifying... Last game of qualifying in November 2019, France played with three centre backs and two holding midfielders.

They played their B-team though I suppose. 

My main issue with us playing two defensive midfielders is that we're just so boring to watch. Lots of possession football 30 yards out from goal with little end product. It's boring. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:

They played their B-team though I suppose. 

My main issue with us playing two defensive midfielders is that we're just so boring to watch. Lots of possession football 30 yards out from goal with little end product. It's boring. 
    Yes, having already qualified!!!  
  • Options
    Thought there was another Wright-Phillips didn’t know about for a second. 
  • Options
    A rousing rendition of the national anthem! Can’t wait until fans are back in the stadiums...
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    A rousing rendition of the national anthem! Can’t wait until fans are back in the stadiums...
    Doesn’t feel right listening to the opposition National anthem without booing throughout it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Doesn’t feel right listening to the opposition National anthem without booing throughout it.
    You can still do that from home, don’t let this pandemic stop our important cultural traditions!
  • Options
    Phillips gives us nothing
  • Options
    Fair play to Albania. 2 solid banks of 4 and pressing our CBS relentlessly.

Thats exactly how you beat us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta say this is useless so far. 

If Southgate doesn’t know that two DMs doesn’t work with this squad he never will.

Slow, turgid football.
  • Options
    It's weird as we played some really decent quick, attacking football during the Nations League but seem to have gone backwards since and are playing more defensively against lower ranked teams than the good teams in the NL.
  • Options
    2 against 5 in the box every time.

No one stepping up from midfield. 
  • Options
    This is going to be a very boring 2-0 win. 

We'll ignore how average and boring we look, then act shocked as we get knocked out early in a major tournament. 

It's the same cycle England go on every single tournament other than 2018. 
  • Options
    It's weird as we played some really decent quick, attacking football during the Nations League but seem to have gone backwards since and are playing more defensively against lower ranked teams than the good teams in the NL.
    He's defensively minded
    We can't and won't beat the top teams set up like this.
  • Options
    Phillips IS so poor at this level

• Options
    This pitch is playing so slowly, grass is far too long. Same for both teams though so no excuses
  • Options
    This kicking thing is going to stop Pope claiming the jersey in the long run isn’t it? 
  • Options
    Can’t help feeling an England player is going to get robbed of the ball in a dangerous position at some point. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Phillips IS so poor at this level

Has he passed forward yet? Absolutely zero drive. Terrible selection.