Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Playing two defensive midfielders against the bottom team in League One. 
  • Options
    I'm gonna be generous and say it would be hard to put out a more experienced midfield than we have tonight.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Team news: check

Valley Pass stream purchased and code input: check

Scotty, Curbs, and Morts: check

Check
    Was really going to post a cock picture with that, but maybe not🤣

• Options
    Surely a 4-3-3 is 3 up front? Why are some moaning that it’s 1?
    Because Stockley is the only out and out Striker and are looking with tunnel vision
  • Options
    Morts is great, so many wonderful goals ... Lisbie will be guest on Saturday 
  • Options
    Pratley Shinnie and Watson combined age of 101. Definitely going for experience! 
  • Options
    Let's watch the game before we start bed wetting.

4-3-3 with two pacy wingers is great news. Probably would have suited Schwartz best but the midfield is somewhat proven.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bugger, I missed the beginning of the Morts bit. Laughing my arse off at his story about the commentator calling him Carl Leaburn for the mazy Norwich run goal, and loving Scott Minto praising him for his tackling ability. When he first played for us, my Dad used to call him "telescopic legs".
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Team news: check

Valley Pass stream purchased and code input: check

Scotty, Curbs, and Morts: check

Check
    Was really going to post a cock picture with that, but maybe not🤣

Was waiting for that!!😂😂... would need a big bowl of custard to dip that cock!!!
  • Options
    I wish they would, for once, show the assist Morts got (I think Reading for Robinson) infront of the Covered End as soon as he came on a as a sub. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I'm gonna be generous and say it would be hard to put out a more experienced midfield than we have tonight.
    Considering they have a combined age of almost 100, I'd be willing to bet it's the most 'experienced' (old) midfield in all three leagues.

ed- correction, 101. Pratley, 35. Watson, 35. Shinnie, 32.
  • Options
    Morts just fantastic.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Playing two defensive midfielders against the bottom team in League One. 
    If the full-backs are then given licence to push up the field I don't have a problem with that, especially as Pratley has the ability to drift forward.

As for the forward line ... yes, it's one out-and-out striker, but Stockers as full-forward and Millar and DJ as attacking half-forwards sounds alright to me with Shins, hopefully, pulling some strings in the middle of the park.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bowyer saying that changes have been made after Saturday, says conditions werent great but neither we were and we have competition for places - Players did well in training so he's challenged them to put a performance that makes them selectable for Saturday

Gunter is getting a rest after so many minutes.

Says we maybe need to win ugly to turn things around at home.

Feels the players doubt themselves at times and its his job to make them believe in themselves more which is what they did yesterday but there are some decisions they made which even he cant control, but yesterday in training everyone wanted the ball etc.

Sees Burton as a hard working and honest side under Hasselbaink now
  • Options
    The return of the tinkerman.  Can't really work up any enthusiasm for this tonight.  
  • Options
    Unless Curbs and Morts get their boots on!
  • Options
    I hate Watson playing but I absolutely back Bowyer dropping players after last week. 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Matthews in for Gunter- Good
    Aneke benched - Bad
    DJ & Millar -  Good
    Watson & Pratley-  Bad
    Smith benched-  Bad
    Pearce for Famewo -  Sensible 

a mixed bag
    Watson and Pratley are there to protect our crap defence
  • Options
    This would have been the perfect formation for Maddison, on the right of the 3, and with less pressure to get back and defend when compared to a 442
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cannot wait til 7.04pm.

(4) Goal Burton 0-1
  • Options
    Hope I’m wrong, but Pearce, Watson, pratley is my worst nightmare!!!!🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    What the fucking hell is this side?!
    Chuks not starting is an embarrassment 
    Watson AND Pratley
    Fuck me it's going to be turgid
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    When we beat Oxford 2-0 at home we played a 4-3-3 with a midfield three of Shinnie, Watson and Pratley.

The back four that night were Gunter, Inniss, Famewo and Maatsen. Tonight it's Matthews, Oshilaja, Pearce and Purrington.

The front three that night were Smyth, Bogle and Washington. Tonight it's Jaiyesimi, Stockley and Millar.

The same XI played away at Blackpool (a 0-1 win) but with Doughty out wide rather than Smyth.

COYR.
    Useful to know, on paper this side looks better I'd say 

Imo this is our best XI we can select apart from Pearce. Got to be realistic, we don't have the centre mids to knock it about and do the dirty work, happy to play two shit houses and get the ball to the skilful lads out wide, bit of Stockley holding it up to bring Shinnie forwards.

Cmon Charlton, I don't do this and think it's cliché but this is either the start to our season or the end tonight imo

• Options
    If you give enough monkeys enough typewriters they eventually come up with the works of Shakespeare. If you play Pratley and Watson enough times in the same team you eventually come up with a performance.....maybe.
  • Options
    Surely a 4-3-3 is 3 up front? Why are some moaning that it’s 1?
    Because Stockley is the only out and out Striker and are looking with tunnel vision
    The way Schwartz plated on Saturday you could say that we only had one up front. 
    I don't necessarily have a problem with Pratley and Watson in the same team. It will depend upon how they are deployed. Our midfield has been so easily bypassed in recent games. It's clear that Millar and DJ will have to do a lot of running. 
    To me it looks like a side that can be easily adapted, whether it be 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1.

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Bugger, I missed the beginning of the Morts bit. Laughing my arse off at his story about the commentator calling him Carl Leaburn for the mazy Norwich run goal, and loving Scott Minto praising him for his tackling ability. When he first played for us, my Dad used to call him "telescopic legs".
    Also, how similar he was to Aribo
  • Options
    Don’t forget the number of red cards this ref has dished out. Millar and DJ have got to run at their defence and get those yellows up. Reserve left back as well.
  • Options

• Options
    No Josh Parker in the Burton 18, Luke Varney and Michael Mancienne on the bench

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!