Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Burton Albion | Tues 23rd Feb 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is that our Luke Varney on the bench?!?!
    Will always get a warm welcome back from me - remember with pleasure the 2 goals he got against Palace!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Surely a 4-3-3 is 3 up front? Why are some moaning that it’s 1?
    It never is though is it. Millar and DJ will spend more time out wide I bet. 
    You can play up front and not be central.
  • Options
    Luke Varney will be 39 in September 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ross1 said:

What a team, do well to get a point here. 
    Be interesting to see how Pearce and Oshilaja cope with Akins

Very much a Aneke type striker who our defence couldnt handle at their place
    It didn't help we kept passing it to him in front goal with no one to beat
  • Options
    Hearing the Red Red Robin as the players come out really makes me miss going to the matches. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Don't like the way they saunter down the stairs to red red Robin, looks like they are not interested before the game even starts. Why don't they make the away team change in the lounge and give us our own dressing room as the home team
  • Options
    Blackpool game off tonight, waterlocked pitch, no doubt fans will say that they will be fitter than us on Saturday by not playing tonight ..... get the excuses in early  :)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is that our Luke Varney on the bench?!?!
    Will always get a warm welcome back from me - remember with pleasure the 2 goals he got against Palace!
    His performance up top with Andy Gray in the last game of the season against Coventry (same game that Powell scored in his last game) was what those two could have achieved if they'd any type of consistency!!

His miss against Burnley when he went round the 'keeper and didnt pull the trigger, allowing the defender to get back on the line, has to go down as one of the worst misses I've ever seen
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Blackpool game off tonight, waterlocked pitch, no doubt fans will say that they will be fitter than us on Saturday by not playing tonight ..... get the excuses in early  :)
    Check out the Football League thread then ;) 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Mortimer is a bit before my time but what a jolly bloke. We deffo recruited a lot of good eggs during that period where Curbs was manager, very likeable most of these ex players coming on the show 
    Oh mate, you need to watch back his highlights reel. So many good goals.
    Will do. I've seen a lot of his best goals but I'll have a search for a proper highlights reel 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Midfield three adds up to 100 years old ffs 😂
  • Options
    343 ..... interesting very brave 
  • Options
    So we spend an hour arguing if Pratson in midfield is genius or stupid and it's bloody 5 at the back! 
  • Options
    So Pratley is in defence meaning those "three wins out of four with him and Watson in Midfield" is straight away redundant 
  • Options
    Too big the CHA and BUR and time thingy 
  • Options
    5 at the back vs bottom of the league with Watson sitting in front of them.
  • Options
    Omg that’s a ridiculous save from their keeper
  • Options
    What a save!!!
  • Options
    Omg that’s a ridiculous save from their keeper
    Awesome stop!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lincoln 0 Swindon 1
  • Options
    Great play by Oshilaja 
  • Options
    Ahhh, so close, Stockley just doing Stockley things again almost 
  • Options
    Save...
  • Options
    Oshilaja is weirdly good at wingplay 
  • Options
    Don't like the way they saunter down the stairs to red red Robin, looks like they are not interested before the game even starts. 
    I told a mate that we give up the dressing rooms and tunnel for changing in a lounge in the West Stand. That our players get to the pitch by walking down the stand and they thought I was joking. We are far too nice.
  • Options
    sorry but he has to bury that, it's right at the keeper
  • Options
    Oooh! Purrington to Deji on the overlap, and his cross goes to Stockley, whose header is parried by the keeper on to the bar.
  • Options
    3' Crossbar! Stockley draws a fantastic save from Garratt who pushes his header onto the bar. #cafc 0 #bafc 0
  • Options
    5 at the back vs bottom of the league with Watson sitting in front of them.
    or you could view it as 3 at the back, Deji was just at the byeline crossing there
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!