Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Maatsen is useless defensively, would take him off at half time. We always look more fragile with him in the side. Reckon I could skin him... Think the conditions will suit us more this half. Still backing us to win. Famewo really making a difference. 
    This kind of absolute and total bullshit is why I post the way I do
    Is he a better defender ,not player, than Purrington??
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Maatsen is useless defensively, would take him off at half time. We always look more fragile with him in the side. Reckon I could skin him... Think the conditions will suit us more this half. Still backing us to win. Famewo really making a difference. 
    Yes imo. But saying "we always look more fragile" and "reckon I could skin him"...that is absurd and ridiculous criticism aimed at one of our players. And I always step in when I see that happening. And I always will. And I won't apologise.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    If I was Schwarz I'd be doing my nut. The guy doesn't stop moving and yet nobody is ever looking for him. 
    Looked like he was towards the end, what with being spoken to by the referee for an instant that I didnt see - Can fully understand him getting frustrated, just hope he keeps his head
  • Options
    All that "head-tennis" drives me crazy, especially in the wind, would somebody bring the ball under control!
  • Options
    Scrappy game caused by the wind .. but I would say that Fleetwood have not taken advantage of the ball holding up in the wind ( our long balls / passes are shooting through ) hopefully these balls will hold up and make it more difficult for the defenders ...

Millar and Schwartz not really seen the ball , it’s very difficult for the mid two with the wind and pitch but the game passing them by ... 

At the back we coped very well Oshilaja and Famewo have done well althrough early latter looked a bit rusty .. Gunter done well down the right hence why Fleetwood have targeted our left .. Maaston as a defender struggles and Fleetwood only decent bit of play in the first half and Shinnie got caught flat footed ...

We can still win we need to get Millar more involved ...and create more into the box for Schwartz 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    If I was Schwarz I'd be doing my nut. The guy doesn't stop moving and yet nobody is ever looking for him. 
    Agree, nothing much wrong with his movement. He’s not had an accurate pass go in his direction all match. 
  • Options
    Strange half really.  Feels like we were the betrer side to me, but yet we go in level!
    You think?

Possession
    Home53%
    Away47%
    Shots
    Home6
    Away3
    Shots on Target
    Home3
    Away1
    Corners
    Home0
    Away0
    Fouls
    Home2
    Away7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Yes imo. But saying "we always look more fragile" and "reckon I could skin him"...that is absurd and ridiculous criticism aimed at one of our players. And I always step in when I see that happening. And I always will. And I won't apologise.
    Ner Ner Ner 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Strange half really.  Feels like we were the betrer side to me, but yet we go in level!
    I have no idea mate how you could possibly think we were the better side from that 
    Yeah i got that impression from reading the comments at half time as I wasn't following the match thread whilst watching the game.

I guess it shows we all see games differently.  Ironic really, as I've felt extremely negative about our performances recently!!
  • Options
    Shinni on the left is another one if those baffling choices that haven't worked out too well. We've looked alright with him on the right and Millar left in a flat 4, why change it...

Swap over for second half
  • Options
    Thomas Sandgaard propaganda broadcast! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Wont ever be that daft to say I could skin him etc but my opinion is that Purrington is better at the back whilst Maatsen offers more going forward.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Spot on 
  • Options
    I'd understand Purrington for Shinnie and Maatsen on the wing, tbf. I'll go that far.
  • Options
    Purrington isn’t actually bad going forward. Makes some nice overlapping runs and scores the odd goal.

Maatsen has a higher ceiling obviously. But I’d say Purrington’s floor could be higher right now.
  • Options
    Pratley is shit and my quadriplegic nan could control a football better than him. 

(Just a tester for Leuth)
  • Options
    The ball just isnt sticking in midfield, partly due to the conditions but we are missing JFC. Ill get pelters for this, but I reckon this kind of game is set up for someone like Watson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Best first half player was Oshilaja.
    Smith and Schwartz for whatever reason have not been in it.
    Game could go either way, probably decided by the weather.
  • Options
    Apart from the score, this is reminding me of Northampton so far.
  • Options
    Would like to think we will take better care of the ball with the wind against us, but half expecting to be under siege
  • Options
    Millar seemed wasted on the right
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Image result for white knight

Obvs an error - should read "Don T Winn".
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    The positive was the lovely move which resulted in Stockley getting on to the end of a great cross.

The negative was the other 44 minutes of Beach ball football.
  • Options
    Change of boots for Schwartz, seems thats about it
  • Options
    Range Rover winner (him of the family bubble of 20) is a proper smooth fella/talker , good luck to him 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Pratley is shit and my quadriplegic nan could control a football better than him. 

(Just a tester for Leuth)
    I haven't been so annoyed by him today. The game's bypassed him but he's gotten stuck in
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!