Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 20 Feb 2021

Comments

• Options
    When are we going to go on this run for promotion then?
    Next Next season  ;)

• Options
    Are Fleetwood going to do a Golfie this afternoon or have we get another goal or 2 in us  ?
  • Options
    LMHR said:
    Is it me or is this really tedious ? 
    No, it's really tedious. In fact, incredibly tedious.
  • Options
    Not a pretty game to watch. 
    Both full-backs poor.
    Smith anonymous in midfield and Millar wasted on the right. 
    Can't believe that the players have not realised the strength of the wind. Nearly every ball had been overhit by miles. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Thank the Lord - Curbs and Brownie back on and I don't have to watch the football.
  • Options
    Hopefully at HT we switch Shinnie and Millar.

Otherwise keep it as is.
  • Options
    Bowyer ask them to play the ball on the floor. So they keep hoofing it down the right hand side and lost the ball each time. I do wonder at times on what it takes to be a professional footballer. 
  • Options
    Like watching Sunday football
  • Options
    What a scrappy game; despite having the wind, they have had the better chances.  The defence is under pressure and forward passes are being woefully over-hit. Midfield completely by-passed. Gunter and Maatsen are poor, and Ronnie has only touched the ball once I think. 

It will be different into the wind, and we have to get some control to bring in the midfield. The defence will have to beware of balls in behind.

Washington will get some minutes I think, and Jaiyesimi, Watson, and Morgan may all get on at some stage.
  • Options
    That goal music was odd
    It's Captain Pugwash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fuck me this is dire!! Scored a good goal but passing non existent with over hit balls non stop and has shwartz even touched the ball yet!! stop making service excuses, to many poor performances for me!
  • Options
    Well we must hope that kicking in the other direction changes things second half. Usually, though, kicking into the wind is the disadvantage so don’t be surprised if we actually get worse.

Been a dreadful match but we’ve been the worse of the two sides imo. One moment of real quality but since then barely a single ball forward has found its target, often missing by 20 yards. The wind hasn’t been helping with that to be fair.

Feel for Schwartz as he’s making runs but no way the ball is going to get to him at the moment. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why are people calling out Schwartz? This is not his game.
    It’s shite third division game in a wind tunnel.

I don’t know why Purrington has been dropped though. That is baffling. 
    Why sign him then? A guy whose never played English football before, hadn’t even kicked a ball for 6 months and solely relies on his finishing - of which he hasn’t impressed so far
  • Options
    Either play Millar on the left and Shinnie on the right - or bring Purrington on. Maatsen is far too exposed and needs the running of Millar to support him; or bring on a more defensive LB.

Sorry Leuth.
  • Options
    We are effectively playing with 10 men with Schwartz in the side and we can't afford that, because we are not that good a team.

It's not like the ball will magically drop for you ten yards out. Madden scores a goal for them but he has been working very hard for Fleetwood today. Get Washington on at halftime or anyone who actually runs the channels or can hold up a ball. I would put Millar on the left too, since he has been very good there. Still feel we can get a win in the second half.
  • Options
    Shit game to watch. 
    Everytime we get on the ball we either panic or there is nothing to pass to.

Fleetwood just seem to have a better team cohesion than us and grew into the game.

• Options
    Awful first half get smith off, the winger on move miller to left.

Maatsen not good enough.
  • Options
    Can see Washington replacing Schwartz in the second half, but to force us to play the ball on the floor I'd take Stockley off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maatsen is useless defensively, would take him off at half time. We always look more fragile with him in the side. Reckon I could skin him... Think the conditions will suit us more this half. Still backing us to win. Famewo really making a difference. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Why is Shinnie on the left in the first place? Even his cross for our goal come from him being in a more central position. Add to the fact we’ve got DJ on the bench, I just don’t really get it.
    Can't work that out either. Balance? Because Maatsen and Millar are both attacking? But then Maatsen has only got forward once or twice so far. It doesn't make much sense. Millar has been totally negated on the right. Seems like one of Lee's 'clever' switches that don't work out.
  • Options
    Jaiyesimi on for either Shinnie or Smith and Millar back to the left goes without saying
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why are people calling out Schwartz? This is not his game.
    It’s shite third division game in a wind tunnel.

I don’t know why Purrington has been dropped though. That is baffling. 
    Why sign him then? A guy whose never played English football before, hadn’t even kicked a ball for 6 months and solely relies on his finishing - of which he hasn’t impressed so far
    Be interested to know how many chances he’s had. 
  • Options
    Brown talks so much sense about defending. Can’t Bowyer bring him in as a dedicated defensive coach?
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Maatsen is useless defensively, would take him off at half time. We always look more fragile with him in the side. Reckon I could skin him... Think the conditions will suit us more this half. Still backing us to win. Famewo really making a difference. 
    This kind of absolute and total bullshit is why I post the way I do
  • Options
    If the gun slinger can only rely on service and service alone, why did we sign him knowing we dont really provide our strikers with service anyway 🤭
  • Options
    Get the ‘minister of not touching the ball’ off the pitch and bring on DJ please
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    What a scrappy game; despite having the wind, they have had the better chances.  The defence is under pressure and forward passes are being woefully over-hit. Midfield completely by-passed. Gunter and Maatsen are poor, and Ronnie has only touched the ball once I think. 

It will be different into the wind, and we have to get some control to bring in the midfield. The defence will have to beware of balls in behind.

Washington will get some minutes I think, and Jaiyesimi, Watson, and Morgan may all get on at some stage.
    I actually think it is a disadvantage for us, having the wind. We can't play the long ball to Stockley or put a through ball in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!