Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Referee Darren Drysdale

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Glad DD can resume
    Good referee, bit eccentric, but game needs individuals rather than robots
  • Options
    Good to see he can referee again. Should never have been banned for weeks in my opinion. Very good referee as well
  • Options
    Extraordinary outcome - how much abuse are referees expected to just accept?  I always assumed calling a ref a cheat let alone abusing him personally was a straight red?
  • Options
    Should've just given him a second yellow

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Reading that judge claims he didn’t say it - my pal was Lino on the game and he’s a v good pal I know who I believe. 
  • Options
    Reading that judge claims he didn’t say it - my pal was Lino on the game and he’s a v good pal I know who I believe. 

Im completely with the referee and don't believe Alan judge one bit. At the end if the day if the player didn't dive looking for a penalty and then go screaming in the referees face then none of this wouldn't have happened. The fault lies with the player who should know better than to scream abuse at the referee 
  • Options
    We all know how potty mouthed and thick some footballers are...

Drysdale shouldn't have even been punished for me. He put Judge in his place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The ref has the ultimate sanction to send the player off. That is more effective than getting in their face. It was unprofessional whatever Judge said. If what Judge said was offensive, further cation should be taken after the game.

But what happens in a future match where this ref is officiating when a player calls another player something offensive and that player reacts in the same way the ref has done? 
  • Options
    Should have kept his cool and sent Judge off for foul and abusive language.
  • Options
    according tom today's Times, Judge called Drysdale a 'bald headed cheating cnut' .. no wonder he came within an inch of getting a serious Glasgow kiss 
  • Options
    according tom today's Times, Judge called Drysdale a 'bald headed cheating cnut' .. no wonder he came within an inch of getting a serious Glasgow kiss 
    If he had said that, why didn’t he get a red card and not the yellow?
    Judge is saying he used the f word. He is also saying that the media team have audio backing him in what was said.
  • Options
    Maybe the correct course of action for Alan would have been to come out at the time, and first with what got said?

Instead by passing the blame straight on to the ref, with him and Lambert acting all perfect straight away makes you think that there are two sides to the story, and that by keeping quiet you're only going to risk inflating those rumours and theories
  • Options
    If he had said that, why didn’t he get a red card and not the yellow?
    Judge is saying he used the f word. He is also saying that the media team have audio backing him in what was said.
    whatever, I have just repeated what was reported in a (reputable?) newspaper