Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

Comments

• Options
    Aye Right, whilst I got on at 16s and it's now 5s - I am thinking of cashing out my bet as I put £25 ew on and my cash out right now is £100....

I think it should place, but I am not necessarily sure it wins, so why risk it, for a biscuit and just take the £50 profit?    Thoughts anybody... placing will give me £105 back so £5 more... but still...
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Aye Right, whilst I got on at 16s and it's now 5s - I am thinking of cashing out my bet as I put £25 ew on and my cash out right now is £100....

I think it should place, but I am not necessarily sure it wins, so why risk it, for a biscuit and just take the £50 profit?    Thoughts anybody... placing will give me £105 back so £5 more... but still...

I wouldn't cash out, to be honest.
  • Options
    supaclive said:

I'd run it... You'd be gutted if it wins
  • Options
    Hate cash-out for reasons like this. The punter should be buzzing that his horse is 16's into 5, yet the bookie has still got you by the psychological nuts.
    Exactly!   
  • Options
    What about a partial cash out so you effetively have a free bet?

Cash out is designed simply to mess with your head.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    supaclive said:

I'd run it... You'd be gutted if it wins
    Selfishly I'd love him to cash out, take a profit, be right, and then Happygolucky pisses up!
  • Options
    Potters Corner a Non Runner in tomorrow’s XC
  • Options
    supaclive said:

Personally I'd be laying to get my money back. £25 on the win, £25 on the place so you've got a risk free bet. Means you having a spare £200 odd though. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    supaclive said:

If you think it will place then you definitely shouldn't cash out as, effectively, you have a "free" bet to get back another £425.

Alternatively, take the £100 and put £50 of it on with BetVic at 6/1 or on Betfair at 7.2 - you would stand to win overall £350 and would have got back your original stake if it loses and doesn't place.

Or you could leave the bet with the bookie and just lay it in the place market on Betfair for £50 at 2.26. If it places then you lose approximately £65 with Betfair so the bet would, overall, have cost you £10. But you still stand to get back £425 with the bookie so minus the £10 for the place lay you would have a net profit of £415.

Or you could vary your stake according to how much you want to take out.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soaring Glory
    Shishkin
    Aye Right
    Silver Streak e/w
    Roksana
  • Options
    I think today is probably the best betting day of the week (unless you want to get stuck into the very short odds lot with high stakes), let's see if I say that at 5pm!

13:20 - Irascible ew (touched 50/1 this morning, seems a good small stakes poke for 3rd having finished 9L off Appreciate It twice)
    13:55 - no bet, can't see past Shishkin and big shame not to have Energumene there
    14:30 - Aye Right and Milan Native ew (backed both, hard to turn down 7 places where you'll get money back and a bit more on a place plus have a very good chance of winning - I think the race will suit a front runner like Aye Right who has put in some great performances this season, and Milan Native has festival form and a wind op)
    15:05 - Sharjah ew (Imagine Honeysuckle will win, but WH paying 5 places and I fully expect Sharjah to be in there at a double figure price)
    15:40 - Indefatigable ew (Concertista should win, can't understand why Roksana hasn't gone for the Stayers in Thyme Hill's absence however at odds some of the outsiders are more interesting - Black Tears and Minella Melody were interesting but when Indefatigable hit 33/1 this morning then that and festival form swayed me)
    16:15 - Homme Public ew (following the Houx Gris form line)
    16:50 - Snow Leopardess ew (I think Galvin has to have stamina concerns and was certainly too short as a reaction to the Royal Pagaille defection - getting 20/1+ on a proven stayer with decent enough form and a 7lb allowance is very generous)
  • Options
    Just passing a text I received on 

Just got this from the yard

Patrick was talking to Lorcan yesterday and he said there is nothing between *Blue Lord* and Appreciate It at home - thinks race will be run to suit App It
    (Back Blue Lord in wout market)
  • Options
    Hard to oppose the fav in the 1.20 - but I will!!

A little EW interest in Soaring Glory.
  • Options
    Looking for a bit of value, good luck to all having a punt this week.

1:20 Soaring Glory
    2:30 Aye Right
    3:05 Silver Streak (ew)
    3:40 Indefatigable (ew)
    4:15 Busselton, Homme Public (ew)
    4:50 Escaria Ten

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Hard to oppose the fav in the 1.20 - but I will!!

A little EW interest in Soaring Glory.

Agree if its a slow run race and turns into a sprint Soaring Glory will relish it.
  • Options
    Good luck all, gutted i cant be there but next year possibly for a friends stag do.  Fingers crossed for the horses saftey aswell 
  • Options
    Good luck all, gutted i cant be there but next year possibly for a friends stag do.  Fingers crossed for the horses saftey aswell 
    Absolutely, may all come home safely - horses and jockeys.
  • Options
    As per normal, gone mad (for me!) On the first day. Will no doubt crash and burn as per usual. Will then be down to 25p placepots for the following two days that will again crash and burn. Will probably leave Friday well alone, as per usual?

Is there any way of transfering my money straight into Paddy powers back pocket without going through all this rigmarole??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very, very, very impressive.

A superstar in the making?
  • Options
    Walked it
  • Options
    Wow, smashed that fairplay! 
  • Options
    For Pleasure e/w 3rd at 40/1.

Should’ve done Ballyadam w/o the favourite. :-)

Appreciate It very impressive - left the competition in the dirt.
  • Options
    Ballyadam 2nd will do me on my superheinz
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Walked it
    Another Vautour?
  • Options
    UK form took a bit of a battering there 
  • Options
    UK form took a bit of a battering there 
    Irish juvenile and novice hurdlers look a class apart.
  • Options
    Appreciate It .. next year's Champion Hurdle ?, even .. Gold Cup ? .. just hacked up
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I will take some each way scumbaggery first up. Didn't really want to oppose Appreciate It on the nose and my bloody WORD was I right not to.

That is the style of a future superstar (though if Ballyadam can bloody improve his jumping he'll be a decent bridesmaid in the future).