Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

Comments

• Options
    Hoping snow leopard can give me a decent run ( on at 33/1 ) in the 4.50 
    Hope you got top 4
    Done it antepost on bet365 so don’t think so ffs 
  • Options
    Well up today, going to be a great festival regardless for me now 😁
  • Options
    I got Snow Leopard at 18s this morning.
    Very solid day.

Three short favourites tomorrow who I can't see being beat!
  • Options
    The Ballymore is a weird one for me, particularly because there is probably some angle to exploit on Betfair, who are offering 1/5 odds first THREE places in a seven-runner race, and are the best prices at the moment on likes of Bear Ghylls - a runner that hugely intrigues me.

I'll probably take what Jamie Codd said about Bob Olinger at face value and leave the race from any tipping perspective (might avail myself of the Sky offer though).

But there must be something in there that could crack the top three - or at least have a good chance of doing so at the prices, no?
  • Options
    1.20 bravemansgame 
    1.50 the big brekaway W/o fave
    2.30 Thomas darby/monte cristo 
    3.05 first flow 
    3.40 some neck 
    4.15 entoucas
    4.50 three stripe life/wonderwall

Although If chacun and monkfish win I’ll land a nice 4 figure accy - swings and roundabouts 
  • Options
    A good day and a tidy profit, so we go again tomorrow, expecting to hit that inevitable wall. 

Love everyones tips and posts in here as i dip through them and kind of go with my instincts, pure luck really but i am sure you lot have helped me in todays ones at least :) 
  • Options
    1.20 bravemansgame 
    3.05 first flow 
    3.40 some neck 
    4.15 entoucas

Although If chacun and monkfish win I’ll land a nice 4 figure accy - swings and roundabouts 
    I'll be very surprised if Monkfish, Chacun and Easyland don't win......

• Options
    I won't be putting up nearly as many points tomorrow I suspect. Ten was quite a lot, and there are genuinely four races where I might not bother with anything (or have a half-point EW play at the very most).

Don't want to tip opposition to Easysland, Monkfish, Chacun Pour Soi, or even Bob Olinger tbh. And the Bumper is always a messy race!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I won't be putting up nearly as many points tomorrow I suspect. Ten was quite a lot, and there are genuinely four races where I might not bother with anything (or have a half-point EW play at the very most).

Don't want to tip opposition to Easysland, Monkfish, Chacun Pour Soi, or even Bob Olinger tbh. And the Bumper is always a messy race!
    And that comes hand in hand with what I was saying earlier on about the lack of competitive races. It's even worse this year with the lack of numbers too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Season over
  • Options
    Apart from the Grand Annual and Coral Cup there seem to be 3 ways to play tomorrow:

1. Lots of no bet races
    2. Big money singles and combinations on very short odds
    3. Small stakes outsiders

Probably a cross between 1 and 3 for me
  • Options
    chacun should win but 1st time round Cheltenham and it can expose weaknesses I think my pick of first flow needed a lot more rain hopefully can run into a place. 
  • Options
    Maybe Nelson River ew in the Coral Cup has got form at Cheltenham 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Gallan du mesnil
    Monkfish
    Craigleche
    Chacun pour soi
    Easyland
    Embittered
    Sir Gerhard
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    A good day and a tidy profit, so we go again tomorrow, expecting to hit that inevitable wall. 

Love everyones tips and posts in here as i dip through them and kind of go with my instincts, pure luck really but i am sure you lot have helped me in todays ones at least :) 

Looks a lot easier tomorrow - you'll be fine.

Muhahahahahahaha!!
    Haha i expect to lose, you are lucky i have more betting tokens from last nights footy so might aswell put them to good use :) 
  • Options
    In other betting news. I had a fiver on 7 games both teams to score last night.  With 10 minutes to go I needed Scunthorpe and Ipswich to score for £450.  Ipswich was a late game and it was half time. I thought I’d blown it and then in the 93rd minute Scunthorpe scored. Much elation and jumping about . I now had45 minutes for Ipswich to bring my money home. Then the bastards offered me £170 to cash out.  I didn’t.  Ipswich didn’t bloody score. I hate cash outs. I now feel like crap that I threw £170 away.
  • Options
    Fancy Duc Des Genievres 28/1 E/W 16.15
  • Options
    I've had a tip this morning which could be absolutely useless. 2.30 - Witness Protection, around 25-30/1. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right, Day 2 coming up, and with four really rather short favourites I'll be keeping my powder relatively dry.

1.20 - Jamie Codd said that Bob Olinger is "a God-given certainty" for this race, and he tends to know what he's talking about, so I'm not exactly happy to take him on. However, the form is... well, it's not really worth of making him this short, surely? I'm going to chance on an unexposed type in Bear Ghylls (1pt win @ 9/1 generally), who could really be anything, and should be suited by the longer trip. However, there are loads of ways to play this race: Sky Bet are doing £10 money back as cash; and Betfair are offering three places.

1.55 - This is much like the Arkle yesterday. We should see Monkfish absolutely hose up - the Irish look a class apart this year. No bet

2.30 - Just like my advice for the Fred Winter, my overarching advice is this: choose what you like. You can make a case for LOADS in this. Willie Mullins is an obvious starting point, and for that reason I will be siding with Koshari (1pt EW @ 9/1, 1/4 1-6 with Bet365, but there are LOADS of differing place terms/odds so use Oddschecker), who is a HUGE shout particularly if his jumping is tidier. Nicky Henderson has been good in this of late and Craigneiche and Monte Cristo both merit consideration, but are too short for my liking. I'm going to take a huge speculative punt on Tea Clipper (0.5pts EW @ 50/1, 1/5 odds 1-7 with Betfair/PP/Sky), who has big questions about the trip, but with so many places you never know.

3.05 - Right. Well, I think Chacun Pour Soi is too good for the rest of the field here. But the fact he's odds-on and the rest are double-figure prices makes it completely viable to have an each-way poke here. For that purpose I will take Nube Negra (1pt EW @ 11/1, 1/5 odds 1-3 generally), whose win in the Desert Orchid looked absolutely like no accident ahead of an admittedly below-par Altior. His jumping was stellar and he cruised into the race. First Flow and Politologue, in that order of preference, would be my next two to speculate on.

3.40 - The XC is a very idiosyncratic race and for that reason I will not be taking on last year's winner, Easysland, with anything. Horses can do all sorts over this track, and I don't think Tiger Roll is the force of old, so we could see a bit of a lottery for the places. A few bookies offer 4 places though so let me know if you want an opinion on any horse. No bet

4.15 - Paul Nicholls is always a starting point for the Grand Annual, as he has won it four times, and I'll take 2019's Arkle winner Duc Des Genievres (0.5pts EW @ 25/1, 1/5 odds 1-6 Betfair/PP/Sky, 5 elsewhere) with so many places on offer. Might not have trained on based on his last two outings but you never know. Ultimately I want Zanza to win this for antepost reasons but he's too short now, so I'll go with Not That Fuisse (0.5pts EW @ 16/1, 1/5 odds 1-5 generally, but shop around), who travels really strongly, so a sharp 2m should be perfect for his style. HOWEVER: just stick a pin in it. So many to make a case for.

4.50 - This is between the top two. Again, Irish are looking a class apart. For personal reasons I'll probably have a bet on Shearer (McNeill family are sweet on him!) at huge odds but not really a race for me, this. They don't even jump ffs. No bet

SUMMARY:

1.20 - 1pt win Bear Ghylls @ 9/1
    1.55 - No bet
    2.30 - 1pt EW Koshari @ 9/1; 0.5pts EW Tea Clipper @ 50/1
    3.05 - 1pt EW Nube Negra @ 11/1
    3.40 - No bet
    4.15 - 0.5pts EW Duc Des Genievres @ 25/1; 0.5pts EW Not That Fuisse @ 16/1
    4.50 - No bet

Staked: 8pts (not loads less than yesterday and it's all each way plays, so hopefully one wins and we're in business)
  • Options
    Each way pokes today -

14:30 - Janika (33/1) and Dysart Diamond (25/1) - 7 places
    15:05 - Put the Kettle On (11/1)
    16:15 - Ibleo (12/1) and Us And Them (16/1) - 6 places

Have also taken a few multiples with Monkfish, Chacun and Easysland which I will lay out of if Monkfish wins as an angle into those races as I'm not particularly convinced by either.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Gone a bit OTT today,

Lucky 31 EW:
    Sporting John
    Koshari
    Put the Kettle on
    Embittered
    Ramilies

4fold:
    Monkfish
    Chacun Pour Soi
    Easyland
    Kilcruit

Singles:
    13:20 Bravemansgame (Sky offer, refund if lose) Keskonrisk ew
    14:30 Birchdale ew/ witness protection ew (Cheers CAFC) 
    13:05 Notebook ew
    16:15 Embittered win only, Ashutor EW
    16:50 Jacks a legend ew (my brothers name lol)

Willie Mullins to train 4 or more winners on day 2 (sky boost) 

I would again stress dont follow the above, yesterday i got lucky with a few last minute small stake bets and with Tear for Fear. pure luck , not any stats to back up but see names mentioned. Hope todays horses and jockeys all have a safe day and no casualties. 
  • Options
    Sir Gerhard in the bumper - my only bet today.
  • Options
    1.20 bravemansgame 
    3.05 first flow 
    3.40 some neck 
    4.15 entoucas

After review this morning - have the same picks as you. Also have Bear Ghylls single win - and a treble on monk - cha and easy

£150 on today - taken £1k out profit from day one :smile:  may lump more on the treble depending on the first race.

GOOD LUCK ALL!

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Think it's a much better bet than Kilcruit, I'm on for a fair chunk so let's hope the old saying of the bookies never get it wrong is correct on this one. 
  • Options
    1. Bravemansgame
    2. The Big Breakaway
    3. Craigneiche
    4. Politique
    5. Le Breuil
    6. Entoucas
    7. Sir Gerhard

Super Heinz e/W cost £12, pays £172k.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    I've watched Kilcruit back several times and he was 24 seconds slower than standard - the race just fell apart for him and he landed the spoils easily. I agree with you and think Sir Gerhard (got 6s antepost which is pretty alright tbh) is a huge chance.
  • Options
    singles and ew acca... Also done same without first flow
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    My Cheltenham pop for today-

Craignichie 13/2
    Chacun Pour Soi 4/5
    Easysland @ 5/6
    Ibleo @ 8/1