Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2021

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Aye Right, Ultima.  Got on at 16s.  Now 12.

Now 8s
    9/2.....
  • Options
    altior out. im against chacun with first flow anyway
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Sisters tips for tomorrow.

Matier
    Shiskin
    Happy go lucky
    Goshen
    Concerism
    Cabot cliffs
    Soldier of love
  • Options
    Can’t believe how few runners there are, on the first two days
  • Options
    finalised my picks for the tuesday.

1.20 ballyadam ( ante post 20/1 )
    1.55 shishkin ( ante post 6/1 )
    2.30 happygolucky 8/1
    3.05 goshen ( ante post 6/1 )
    3.40 black tears ew
    4.15 glorious zoff
    4.50 royalle perguille ( on at 11/4 nrnb likely going gold cup ) snow leopardess 33/1 ew
    Got a 5 fold on a selection of these. £2 with £30k return.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    really strange not going there, but have friday off work 2 torps for the sub ready to be sunk hoping for a good week! best of luck everyone
    am in a cheltenhan comp 30 quid entry you pick a horse for every race and at end of week whoever is virtually up the most wins the pot circa 4k none other than dillon philips is in the group
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    really strange not going there, but have friday off work 2 torps for the sub ready to be sunk hoping for a good week! best of luck everyone
    am in a cheltenhan comp 30 quid entry you pick a horse for every race and at end of week whoever is virtually up the most wins the pot circa 4k none other than dillon philips is in the group
    @palarsehater My eldest son is in the same comp.
  • Options
    Little touch if this beauty comes in!
    used my last £15 in total all the accas come to just under £100k!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Metier
    Shishkin
    Ok Corral
    Sharjah
    Concertista
    Hous Grix
    Escaria Ten
  • Options
    Metier gets my money in the opener 
  • Options
    DAY ONE..........
    SUPREME
    Two hurdle runs or more
    Rated 142+
    No headgear

ARKLE
    Won last time out
    6-8 year old

ULTIMA
    Top 6 last time out
    Won over 3 mile +
    10 or less handicap races
    Ran in a Grade One or Two race
    Must of had a hurdles win
    No P.Nichols runners

CHAMPION HURDLE
    Rated 157+
    Ran in previous 77 days
    9 year old or younger

MARES HURDLE
    Rated 142+
    Within 12lbs of top rated
    Top 4 in the betting
    No British bred
    No headgear
    No ex flat horse

BOODLES
    Non handicap last run
    Rated under 140
    No W.Mullins,P.Hobbs or V.Williams runners
    No previous Cheltenham run
    Weight range 10st 6lbs-11st 8lbs
    No British bred
    Hurdle debut after Nov 20th previous year

NH CHASE
    Rated 127+
    Within 14lbs of top rated 
    Last race 2m4f-3m2f
    No P.Nichols or N.Henderson runners
    16/1 or shorter
    I am a complete novice and I am in a similar comp as the guys have mentioned above and have to pick a horse for each race.  

I have read this many times and I still dont know what i am supposed to pick from your notes!  Do i actually have to study the stats to work out which horses i should pick?

I'm going to be rubbish!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    DAY ONE..........
    SUPREME
    Two hurdle runs or more
    Rated 142+
    No headgear

ARKLE
    Won last time out
    6-8 year old

ULTIMA
    Top 6 last time out
    Won over 3 mile +
    No P.Nichols runners

CHAMPION HURDLE
    Rated 157+
    Ran in previous 77 days
    9 year old or younger

MARES HURDLE
    Rated 142+
    Top 4 in the betting
    No British bred
    No headgear
    No ex flat horse

BOODLES
    Non handicap last run
    Rated under 140
    No British bred

NH CHASE
    Rated 127+
    Last race 2m4f-3m2f
    16/1 or shorter
    I am a complete novice and I am in a similar comp as the guys have mentioned above and have to pick a horse for each race.  

I have read this many times and I still dont know what i am supposed to pick from your notes!  Do i actually have to study the stats to work out which horses i should pick?

I'm going to be rubbish!
    Read the oddschecker verdicts on here (after the horses are listed) as good as many guides and quicker.
    https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2021-03-16-cheltenham/13:20/winner
  • Options
    I'm so excited. Won't put my own selections up 'til the morning as want to make a final few calls. I'll be playing probably around 10pts a day and hopefully get a bit of a return.

It's been a great few days for "hey Paddy mate, hope you're well, gotta catch up after all this is over haha, you got any tips for Cheltenham mate?" and all that tripe. Hopefully I can stop my friends abusing me for rubbish tips early doors!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    I'm so excited. Won't put my own selections up 'til the morning as want to make a final few calls. I'll be playing probably around 10pts a day and hopefully get a bit of a return.

It's been a great few days for "hey Paddy mate, hope you're well, gotta catch up after all this is over haha, you got any tips for Cheltenham mate?" and all that tripe. Hopefully I can stop my friends abusing me for rubbish tips early doors!
    Surely a good thing, Paddy - better than getting abuse for that shirt?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    PaddyP17 said:

The shirt is the very reason I matched with this girl I'm seeing on Tinder, I'll have you know. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    DAY ONE..........
    SUPREME
    Two hurdle runs or more
    Rated 142+
    No headgear

ARKLE
    Won last time out
    6-8 year old

ULTIMA
    Top 6 last time out
    Won over 3 mile +
    No P.Nichols runners

CHAMPION HURDLE
    Rated 157+
    Ran in previous 77 days
    9 year old or younger

MARES HURDLE
    Rated 142+
    Top 4 in the betting
    No British bred
    No headgear
    No ex flat horse

BOODLES
    Non handicap last run
    Rated under 140
    No British bred

NH CHASE
    Rated 127+
    Last race 2m4f-3m2f
    16/1 or shorter

I'm going to be rubbish!
    Sorry Curb It yes you would have to go through each race and eliminate the horses that haven't achieved what's stated for each race. It would be quicker and easier to do what Covered End suggested or copy the tips people on here put up as there are some good judges on here.
    Good luck with what you decide and pick Curb It
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to you all on here and let's hope all horses and jockeys return safe and sound. And for the good of racing no winners come from the elliott yard (I can dream and hope can't I) 
  • Options
    Paddy Power £5 free bet on the first race
    Sky Bet up to £10 back in cash if your bet on the first race loses
    Ladbrokes £5 free bet on the first race

All of it went on Appreciate It at 5/4

Now it's odds on, Metier at 5/1 ew will return evens if it places first 3.

If I win the first race, I'll be back with more tips 😉

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Think Ballyadam is the bet in the first race. Fancy small e/w on both Irascible and For Pleasure at the prices, as long as all eight horses line up and you get the full three places. 

Would be all over laying Appreciate It at odds on, surely that’s gone far too short.
  • Options
    Happy to take on AI with Ballyadam in the Supreme, there really wasn't much between them last time and you can probably upgrade Ballyadam's performance given he tracked wide throughout. The better ground will play into his strengths too, and For Pleasure should ensure AI can't dominate off of sedentary fractions.

Shishkin and Concertista both look like penalty kicks, while Happygolucky and Next Destination are solid favourites. Happy the latter has been declared for this as I had a few quid on at 8/1 a few weeks ago, but 5/2 feels skinny enough at this point. 

Epatante definitely appeals at the prices against Honeysuckle, feel like the going change to soft has seen an overreaction by the market. 4/1 about last years winner is huge, as long as you can forgive her christmas effort.

Boodles is an absolute minefield: two darts at Houx Gris who could be chucked in off 128 but hasn't exactly been missed by the market, and Sage Advice who looked a class act on his hurdles debut. Two runs since can be forgiven, and Newland will have him spot on for this.

• Options

Today's picks
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    10p e/w Heinz 63 on my lucky number 6 on every race bar the 1.50 which looks a done deal with Shishkin pays £13.1m. That’ll do. Cash Out option applies too so there’s also a chance of a whopping cash out figure if things start going to plan early on. You gotta be in it to win it eh!?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    bobmunro said:
    PaddyP17 said:

The shirt is the very reason I matched with this girl I'm seeing on Tinder, I'll have you know. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 

Make sure she’s not just with you for the winnings though ;-)
  • Options
    My picks for today E/W acca-:

13:20

1 - Appreciate It @ 8/11
    14:306 - Happygolucky @ 11/4
    14:55
    8 - Getaway Jewel @ 4/1
    15:05
    10 - Honeysuckle @ 5/4
    15:40
    10 - Roksana @ 11/4
    16:15
    13 - Houx Gris @ 9/2

• Options
    If the ground dries out a bit by the last race Snow Leopardess will be up there.
  • Options
    I am rubbish at horses, went last year to Cheltenham and lost every race bar the first, so ones to avoid today are:
    1:20 Soaring Glory + Grump Charley
    1.55 Captain Guinness 
    2:30 Happygolucky
    3:40 Concertista
    4:15: Hoix Gris
    All small ball, also doing the first race thing on sky to hopefully win more betting tokens, luckily a good week for footy / golf, but wont go to heavy the rest of the week when i lose the above. 

actually just done a lucky 31: 
    Meltier, Shishkin, Aye Right, Epatante, Brusselton