Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like the club are winding up or something!
  • Options
    Very much hope he stays and if there was one player I would gamble on with some injury track record behind them it would be Jake. He is the best and most consistent all round midfielder we have had since Cullen. A quality passer with a decent set piece goal in him too - remember those…
  • Options
    Would definitely have JFC back , still think CM needs some serious addressing beyond JFC and Dobbo. Probably need 2 other quality CMs and back them up with the likes of Henry , Anderson and Adigun coming through. 

Not convinced by Gilbey or Morgan as the answers and Clare is probably seen more as a utility man who can cover 3 positions.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    You all give the Club/Management way too much leeway with "masterplans". The fact is JFC wants to play and is fit. You don't progress to giving somebody less minutes following a return from injury. 
    Starting him in his second game back against Wimbledon (when Morgan was left out completely) then only making 2 cameos from the bench in the next 5 games is confusing
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    You all give the Club/Management way too much leeway with "masterplans". The fact is JFC wants to play and is fit. You don't progress to giving somebody less minutes following a return from injury. 
    Starting him in his second game back against Wimbledon (when Morgan was left out completely) then only making 2 cameos from the bench in the next 5 games is confusing
    With nothing to lose season wise, I assumed this was JJ and the recruiting team taking a closer look at Morgan again before making a decision whether to keep in squad, loan out or sell this summer, but may have misread that. There was also no point rushing Jake back. If he stays and Fraser & Gilbey also get full pre-seasons plus 1/2 bits of quality coming in, the right ingredients may start to form to complement Dobbo.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    With nothing to lose season wise, I assumed this was JJ and the recruiting team taking a closer look at Morgan again before making a decision whether to keep in squad, loan out or sell this summer, but may have misread that. There was also no point rushing Jake back. If he stays and Fraser & Gilbey also get full pre-seasons plus 1/2 bits of quality coming in, the right ingredients may start to form to complement Dobbo.
    I am sorry but Morgan has worked with Jackson for nearly 4 years now.  If he doesn't know now.....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    I am sorry but Morgan has worked with Jackson for nearly 4 years now.  If he doesn't know now.....
    I get that, but we can’t forget Albie has been growing up and developing in that time. Albie Year -3 or -4, is not the Albie of today. Was this a sh*t or bust appraisal…?
  • Options
    Be a mistake to let Jake go can be very good in this Division 
  • Options
    Would be strange to have offered him a contract when we knew he'd be out 90% of this season only to release him for the season after.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Would be strange to have offered him a contract when we knew he'd be out 90% of this season only to release him for the season after.
    Probably expected him back a lot sooner

Remember early interviews with him saying that he'd ideally be back around December | January time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had to give him a contract for no other reason than it would have made Lyle Taylor right. 
  • Options
    If the option is in our favour there is no rush.  Wait to middle of the month as you can see if there are better that come available and sign him up on the last day possible.  I expect him to stay.
  • Options
    If the option is in our favour there is no rush.  Wait to middle of the month as you can see if there are better that come available and sign him up on the last day possible.  I expect him to stay.
    Except, we won't be signing anyone by the middle of May.
  • Options
    Jury's still out for me. Bit surprised we've not used him more since he's come back, would surely have a better idea whether we should offer him a contract or not if we actually played him
  • Options
    Unless we have doubts over his fitness, it's a no brainer to exercise the option, as he's shown for us that at this level he's a quality player
  • Options
    Why not?
  • Options
    Why not?
    Ok, I reckon we won't sign a new player to the club in the next 2 weeks.
    How many new players to the club do you think we'll sign in the next 2 weeks?
  • Options
    Why not?
    Ok, I reckon we won't sign a new player to the club in the next 2 weeks.
    How many new players to the club do you think we'll sign in the next 2 weeks?
    Game on. I say one within the next 14 days.
  • Options
    I thought we typically didn’t sign free agents until July 1st (as existing contracts expire June 30th). We likely/hopefully have some lined up beforehand, but signing happens from July 1st onwards. Of course if we’re buying a player that’s a different story, but I can’t imagine that’s going to happen in the next two weeks. 
  • Options
    Just waiting for somebody to claim you can’t sign a player outside of the transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I thought we typically didn’t sign free agents until July 1st (as existing contracts expire June 30th). We likely/hopefully have some lined up beforehand, but signing happens from July 1st onwards. Of course if we’re buying a player that’s a different story, but I can’t imagine that’s going to happen in the next two weeks. 
    Same thought comes up every year, you can announce them before 1 July even if the contract doesn’t start until then. For example we announced Hollands and Pritchard at the end of May 2011.
  • Options
    Not sure about JFC.

He has been here 6 seasons, and I’d only say he stood out in 1 of those.

Similar to the Pearce debate really. I think they could both ‘do a job’, but is that job going to be making us a promotion winning team? I’m not convinced.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cafctom said:
    Not sure about JFC.

Similar to the Pearce debate really. I think they could both ‘do a job’, but is that job going to be making us a promotion winning team? I’m not convinced.
    In the 2 full seasons in league 1 we finished 7th he was POTY and 6th he was 3rd.

I would happily take 4th and him be 5th :-) 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Not sure about JFC.

In the 2 full seasons in league 1 we finished 7th he was POTY and 6th he was 3rd.

I’m not suggesting he’s a bad player at all. On his day, he’s probably better than most others we have under contract. That in itself is probably enough of a reason to re-sign him.

I just don’t see him anywhere near the level of player that has historically got us out of this division. Think back to previous midfielders that have won promotion with us - Cullen, Aribo, Stephens, Jackson, Bielik.

He’s nowhere near that level IMO.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Not sure about JFC.

I’m not suggesting he’s a bad player at all. On his day, he’s probably better than most others we have under contract. That in itself is probably enough of a reason to re-sign him.

I just don’t see him anywhere near the level of player that has historically got us out of this division. Think back to previous midfielders that have won promotion with us - Cullen, Aribo, Stephens, Jackson, Bielik.

What about Reeves, Lapslie or Hollands?
  • Options
    All I know is, last Saturday he was like a breath of fresh air with his deliveries after the dross dished out by Morgan. No doubt about it, he’s a classy player at L1 level but he has his injury problems. A trade off. Can he be kept fit?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Not sure about JFC.

Reeves and Lapslie were not major contributors to those promotion sides from what I recall. 

Hollands did a great job in one of our greatest ever performing teams.

If we re-sign JFC to play a supporting role like Reeves/Lapslie then it’s I’d say it’s a very good option to take up. But I wouldn’t be looking to build a side with him as a guaranteed starter if we’re serious about promotion.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Not sure about JFC.

The last season he missed we had Cullen, Bielik and Aribo but we also had Pratley, Morgan, Lapslie, Reeves, Marshall et al. 

The others played about 70 games between them.  JFC might not have got in our best team but how often did we play our best team, due to injuries, suspensions, resting etc etc?

He could have played a big part and we probably wouldn't of had that dip when Cullen got injured. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Not sure about JFC.

Reeves and Lapslie were not major contributors to those promotion sides from what I recall. 

Hollands did a great job in one of our greatest ever performing teams.

If we re-sign JFC to play a supporting role like Reeves/Lapslie then it’s I’d say it’s a very good option to take up. But I wouldn’t be looking to build a side with him as a guaranteed starter if we’re serious about promotion.
    I don't think JFC should be the first name on the timesheet but has a major part to play IMO. I appreciate a significant number will be substitute appearances, but Reeves and Lapslie played about the same amount of games as Cullen that season. In fact, Bielik and Pratley too made a similar nuimber of appearances. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised he didn't get the benefit of playing in the GILBS position for a game or two.