Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    badly missing JFC this year, he walks into our side when fit
    lets hope he doesn't take a leaf out of Watson's book and decides to run, rather than walk!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    badly missing JFC this year, he walks into our side when fit
    lets hope he doesn't take a leaf out of Watson's book and decides to run, rather than walk!

As long as he isn't limping.
  • Options
    Any word on recovery timelines?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Jake [Forster-Caskey] is the only long-term one.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-jackson-provides-injury-update-ahead-of-efl-trophy-last-eight-match-at-hartlepool/

Anyone heard of a realistic time scale for when he is due to return? Season finishes in three months times. Always assumed we would just register him within the squad in January. Stating to  look he will not play any part this season.
  • Options
    I don't believe Jacko on this.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I don't believe Jacko on this.
    ...that JFC is the only long term casualty?
  • Options
    Just a reminder, while we're considering which players will survive the great summer clear-out, that in the 6 seasons that Jake has been with us he's managed to play in more than 15 games a season only twice. 
  • Options
    Just a reminder, while we're considering which players will survive the great summer clear-out, that in the 6 seasons that Jake has been with us he's managed to play in more than 15 games a season only twice. 
    FFs that's nuts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFs that's nuts. 
    Wow ! I didn't realise it was that bad.
  • Options
    TBF, 2 of those seasons he was kept out of the side by Cullen, and obviously this season he's had an horrific injury, so that's really only one of the last 6 he's played 15 or less games when he should have played more.
  • Options
    To be fair, the first season he only joined in January. Of the remaining 5 seasons
    Decent
    Injured
    Recovering from previous injury, never really got going
    Decent
    Injured for nearly all the season
  • Options
    Two decent seasons out of six (ok, five and a half) is still not a good look.  Don't get me wrong, I like Jake and think he's done a great job for us when he's fit.  But if we're serious about getting promotion next season we really don't need yet another period where we've so many injuries that we have to use players out of position or call up inexperienced kids.  We need a fully fit squad so why hamper ourselves with players who have a history of injury? 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I'd give JFC another year. No more than that. I'd much sooner replace Gilbey, Morgan and Lee than him. 
  • Options
    Surely needs to be getting minutes under his belt if he is to get a new contract.
  • Options
    Maybe he doesn’t want to stay?
  • Options
    Or he knows he is staying so why risk further injury when our next season doesn't kick off for 3+ months?
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Or he knows he is staying so why risk further injury when our next season doesn't kick off for 3+ months?
    If he wasn’t going to stay he would be getting the Elliott Lee treatment and just left out. Zero point risking him or Fraser and losing them for pre season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    supaclive said:
    If he wasn’t going to stay he would be getting the Elliott Lee treatment and just left out. Zero point risking him or Fraser and losing them for pre season. 
    Could say that about anyone. Dobson consistently plays the full 90 minutes. CBT is often doing the same. Stockley playing but isn’t fully fit.
  • Options
    The management of JFC post injury is a bit curious, starting him quite soon after his comeback, but hardly using him since them.

Starts against Wimbledon
    Unused sub against Rotherham
    Sub against Morecambe
    Unused sub against Cambridge
  • Options
    The management of JFC post injury is a bit curious, starting him quite soon after his comeback, but hardly using him since them.

Starts against Wimbledon
    Sub against Morecambe
    Surely that's just us being careful with him after a long time out to ensure he's healthy for a full pre-season etc. Has he played any U23 games in that time?
  • Options

Starts against Wimbledon
    Sub against Morecambe
    Surely that's just us being careful with him after a long time out to ensure he's healthy for a full pre-season etc. Has he played any U23 games in that time?
    So why start him against Wimbledon? Morgan was available that game, and has played the next three

Logically his first start would be after a few sub appearances
  • Options

Starts against Wimbledon
    Sub against Morecambe
    Agree - it seems a bit stop start.
  • Options

Starts against Wimbledon
    Sub against Morecambe
    Would he have come on against Morecambe if we were winning?

It says to me either he isn't fit and so isn't being risked or there could be contract implications if he plays a handful of games.  It could be that Jackson just doesn't fancy him but given the alternatives I find that hard, not impossible mind, to believe. 
  • Options
    I think it might be more of the case that jacko knows he wants JFC for next season but doesn't want to risk him, especially when there is nothing really to play for, well except 12th anyway.  So hes using this time to give the over midfielders a chance to 'win him over' to see if they are in his plans for next year
  • Options
    Jackson knows what JFC can do, so he doesn't need to risk him in meaningless games. The question will be whether Charlton risk giving JFC a new contract or not. As a fit player, JFC is perfectly good enough for us in League One. Don't forget, he even did well as a LWB (away to Fulham) and left-back in The Championship. 
  • Options
    You all give the Club/Management way too much leeway with "masterplans". The fact is JFC wants to play and is fit. You don't progress to giving somebody less minutes following a return from injury.