Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster Caskey - waiting to hear if club will exercise 1 year option (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     a midfield three of the below with decent wingbacks should be solid enough. JFC & Dobson should even be able to rotate a bit throughout the game as needed. 

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    Had that issue when on paper our best midfield in 11/12 was Green Stephens Hollands Jackson - never really performed like we hoped they would as a 4
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    It does make sense as it will be down to the incoming manager to decide.
    Hopefully!!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
     a midfield three of the below with decent wingbacks should be solid enough. JFC & Dobson should even be able to rotate a bit throughout the game as needed. 

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    Isn't that what the wider players are for. You could also probably bring Clare into it for pace, probably means he or F.Caskey. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    Had that issue when on paper our best midfield in 11/12 was Green Stephens Hollands Jackson - never really performed like we hoped they would as a 4
    It hardly affected us over the season though! And we also had Waggy and Pritchard as midfield options, plus an attacking LB in Wiggins
  • Options
    Still no idea why Jacko didn't use him more especially after his decent cameo. He also stated he'd like to play more. 
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    Couple of whispers I’ve heard:

1. Oxford are keen.
    2. The extension has a wage rise built in to it.
    3. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that we’ll trigger the extension and he still leaves in the summer.
    I've been thinking about this and I wonder why we don't just trigger it anyway. Worst case scenario if he doesn't want to stay we can get a bit of a fee for him on the way out. It's what Chelsea have done with Azpilicueta and at this point it's just protecting the value of an asset. If he wants out then we can have an agreement with him that a sale will happen rather than having rehabbed him all year, which I think was the right thing to do, and then letting him go to a rival for free.

I dont think yu will find many teams willing to pay a fee for JFC with his injury record. If they dont you are stuck with a player on higher wages than you want taken up a spot in the sqaud numbers. 
    But then we use him. He's a good player, and if no-one wants to pay a fee and come in for him then we can happily keep him for the year. It's not like he's dead weight, he's probably our best midfielder
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    It hardly affected us over the season though! And we also had Waggy and Pritchard as midfield options, plus an attacking LB in Wiggins
    It didn’t but those two, Russell, Hughes, Ephraim etc meant they didn’t often play together as a midfield 4.
  • Options
    SOTF said:
    Appreciate it's silly season now Jackson's gone and lots of different versions of history start to get leaked (much like post Bowyer departure), but I got a text from someone very close to Jake that said that Jackson wanted to trigger the extension but TS blocked it.

As a result, Jackson decided not to feature Jake to protect him from any future injuries before the end of the season (and why Jake talked to the press about getting in to shape over the summer and being one of the best midfielders in the league).

Same source as the person who told me about the 1 year contract with an option of a 2nd year last summer.
    If I was Jake, funnily I would have wanted to play for the rest of the season, to prove my fitness to other clubs, if Charlton didn't take up the clause. Other clubs would surely be concerned about him not playing much.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    It didn’t but those two, Russell, Hughes, Ephraim etc meant they didn’t often play together as a midfield 4.
    It's funny people could tell you that team with their eyes closed.  I bet they only actually played a hand full of games together. 

I don't think the 2019 play off team ever started another game together.  The 98 team probably only 2 or 3.

Both of Fergie's European Cup winning teams had never played before or after the final.  The great Leeds United team of the 70s only played together once! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    It's funny people could tell you that team with their eyes closed.  I bet they only actually played a hand full of games together. 

I don't think the 2019 play off team ever started another game together.  The 98 team probably only 2 or 3.

Both of Fergie's European Cup winning teams had never played before or after the final.  The great Leeds United team of the 70s only played together once! 
    Now that's a great question. How many games did 'the' 2011/12 team play together? That team is generally seen as Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Green (Wagstaff if you're Henry), Stephens, Hollands, Jackson, Kermorgant, Wright-Phillips. Yann didn't sign until September and made his debut as a sub against Chesterfield (and immediately stole my heart). So that's 10 games out for starters. Turns out that line-up played all together in just 6 league games. We won 4 of them, drew 1, lost 1. We had some nearly games, like the Bury match where BWP was dropped for, hilariously, Leon Clarke and the 4-2 Notts County debacle where Haynes started on the right because Green was struggling but other than that just 6 of 46. It's funny looking back, we actually did have our fair share of injuries but we rarely remember it that way. Stephens was injured for a while and we had Hughes, Russell and Pritch who played there. Jackson had a few injuries and we used Ephraim, N'Guessan and Lee bloody Cook in his place across the season. Wiggins had some absences and we used Evina and Solly there. We used BWP, Yann, Hayes, Clarke and Haynes up front and switched between Green and Waggy a lot. As the season wore on Cort more or less started to take Taylor's place at centre half. We had a great squad and used the dearly departed short term loan system well, but the killer first team basically didn't exist in any substantial way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.

Now that's a great question. How many games did 'the' 2011/12 team play together? That team is generally seen as Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Green (Wagstaff if you're Henry), Stephens, Hollands, Jackson, Kermorgant, Wright-Phillips. Yann didn't sign until September and made his debut as a sub against Chesterfield (and immediately stole my heart). So that's 10 games out for starters. Turns out that line-up played all together in just 6 league games. We won 4 of them, drew 1, lost 1. We had some nearly games, like the Bury match where BWP was dropped for, hilariously, Leon Clarke and the 4-2 Notts County debacle where Haynes started on the right because Green was struggling but other than that just 6 of 46. It's funny looking back, we actually did have our fair share of injuries but we rarely remember it that way. Stephens was injured for a while and we had Hughes, Russell and Pritch who played there. Jackson had a few injuries and we used Ephraim, N'Guessan and Lee bloody Cook in his place across the season. Wiggins had some absences and we used Evina and Solly there. We used BWP, Yann, Hayes, Clarke and Haynes up front and switched between Green and Waggy a lot. As the season wore on Cort more or less started to take Taylor's place at centre half. We had a great squad and used the dearly departed short term loan system well, but the killer first team basically didn't exist in any substantial way.
    I can't believe you looked that up, I was right a handful (if your from keithley) 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    It does make sense as it will be down to the incoming manager to decide.
    Hard to be confident of that the way Sandgaard had discussed recruitment, playing style etc in recent interviews.

Like most calls around the team this summer, I suspect this will come down to the medical equipment salesman and his son with the hard shot. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dobson
    Fraser - F.Caskey

Not much pace there.
    and only 2 players
  • Options
    Injured again? Anyone else heard this?
  • Options
    No? Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    Was in the photos put up by the comms team yesterday, so must have been injured in last 24 hours.
  • Options
    I would imagine JFC may feel he is a way off the first team.  I could see him getting a loan if he doesn't go.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I would imagine JFC may feel he is a way off the first team.  I could see him getting a loan if he doesn't go.
    Ffs the guy was captain 3 weeks ago........

I imagine he may?

What does that even mean?
  • Options
    I am trying to understand why he might be looking for a move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No not until you mentioned it, that would be gutting for Jake and the club if true.
  • Options
    Hope not, he did his acl a week before the season started back during the play winning year. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    That's not what you said.  

The only way he will move on loan is if its to the championship on view to a permanent.  Unless flat out Garner said you aren't playing, even if your the last man left.  Which hasn't, and won't, happen.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That's not what you said.  

The only way he will move on loan is if its to the championship on view to a permanent.  Unless flat out Garner said you aren't playing, even if your the last man left.  Which hasn't, and won't, happen.
    I think it is. He will want to play football and might not think he will get enough here. I used the words I would imagine as I don't know, otherwise I would have said I'm sure ........ It is called speculating on a forum if you need it spelling out. Could well be wrong I accept.
  • Options
    Sounds like we messed the paperwork up.....?!
  • Options
    Could be a case of pointing fingers, but from how that reads JJ is implying we cocked it up our end it seems as they had supplied the paperwork "with time to spare"
  • Options
    Could be a case of pointing fingers, but from how that reads JJ is implying we cocked it up our end it seems as they had supplied the paperwork "with time to spare"
    Supplied with time to spare... but how much time?